PDA

View Full Version : derry fans

rebelnorrie
27/10/2004, 12:44 PM
i must say lads,they have the soundest fans ever,it made the trip worth while,the welcome we got was unreal....a lot of their fans came over our direction at the end and congratulated us and wished us luck on friday.

after the game we were brought to their supporters club room in a local bar,we even got a bit of a cheer on d way in!!!!......when we were leavin the pub every1 was wishin us luck,even the local drunks sittin at d bar!!

btw. they have unreal drums and drumming beats,sounds class

Peadar
27/10/2004, 12:48 PM
they have unreal drums and drumming beats,sounds class

Sure they've plenty practice with all the marching they do! :eek:
:D

Éanna
27/10/2004, 1:00 PM
i must say lads,they have the soundest fans ever,it made the trip worth while,the welcome we got was unreal....a lot of their fans came over our direction at the end and congratulated us and wished us luck on friday.

after the game we were brought to their supporters club room in a local bar,we even got a bit of a cheer on d way in!!!!......when we were leavin the pub every1 was wishin us luck,even the local drunks sittin at d bar!!

spot on. the derry fans were brilliant as usual. thanks lads

Colm
27/10/2004, 3:18 PM
I was saying it to the lads on the way home last night, imagine the contrast between the reception we got last night and the reception we'll get if we go into the Tolka bar!!

The Derry fans were great alright, that room they have is class. They've got the wall plastered with Derry jerseys, other teams scarves and a few framed Derry related newspaper articles.

Fair_play_boy
27/10/2004, 3:42 PM
I was saying it to the lads on the way home last night, imagine the contrast between the reception we got last night and the reception we'll get if we go into the Tolka bar!!I'd say Tolka would be like a cold hand on a frosty morning alright. Isn't that the difference between the warmth of a real football club and the coldness of a business. :ball:

NY Hoop
27/10/2004, 3:55 PM
The Derry fans were great alright, that room they have is class. They've got the wall plastered with Derry jerseys, other teams scarves and a few framed Derry related newspaper articles.[/QUOTE]

That's probably the Oakgrove on Bishop street. Well in general you'll find that northern people are the friendliest on this island. Was one of the best trips of the season cos we used to stay over but now it's back to thursday nights. :mad:

Fair play for going up though........

KOH

Colm
27/10/2004, 3:56 PM
That's probably the Oakgrove on Bishop street. Well in general you'll find that northern people are the friendliest on this island. Was one of the best trips of the season cos we used to stay over but now it's back to thursday nights. :mad:

KOH

Yeah, the Oakgrove is the name of the pub.

Éanna
27/10/2004, 4:37 PM
ah, sure you know us culchies, we never travel :p

Greengo
27/10/2004, 5:20 PM
Thanks for the kind words lads... Was talking with some of you in the Oak beforehand... sorry couldnt make it up afterwards for a longer chat & a pint...

good to see yous made it home safe & well...

Good luck on Friday night...

Big pat to win the league not the wee one ;)

Candystripe
27/10/2004, 6:56 PM
Aye all the best lads. Yeez were just better than us last nite (not that that would have been hard!) but seriously good luck on Friday against Shelbourne.

I hate them b@$t@rd$!!! :mad:

dortie
28/10/2004, 7:36 AM

The bar you were in was the Oakgrove in Bishop Street. The clubroom you were in belongs to Brandywell Pride Supporters Club (BPSC).
Any fans apart from $hels and Finn Harps are more than welcome in the BPSC clubroom.
Glad to meet some of the heads Ive seen posting in here through the years, we have always had time for Big Pat after his support for us during our winding up order 4 years ago. Cork fans were sound to us after we put you out of the semi-final 2 years ago so it was a pleasure to return the hospitality.

Your photographer Paddy Cummins is to send me some of the pics he took, we might even put a few up in our clubroom.

Might bump into a few of you in Leeside next friday night !!!

BTW Last i seen of Paddy he was with our bass drum player Scoldy and on his 6th or 7th pint of Harp....Check to see if hes ok :D

thecorner
28/10/2004, 7:39 AM
always had a soft spot for derry
have cousins up there and remember years ago they used to travel all night to get to cork for a sunday afternoon kick off

never forget them banging on our door 7am on a sunday morning on numerous occasions looking for their breakfast :mad:

dortie
28/10/2004, 8:27 AM
were u the one on about cubins by any chance???? ;)

Aye thats me :cool: