PDA

View Full Version : Storm brewing!!!

KR's Post
27/10/2004, 12:04 PM
A MAJOR STORM WILL AFFECT ALL PARTS OF IRELAND DURING WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY. SOME STRUCTURAL DAMAGE AND FLOODING CAN BE EXPECTED. Tolka park workers, get the sand bags out because you know what happened before and all that money achieved by your european run could well dissappear if tolka is damaged. ;) ;) ;)

green goblin
27/10/2004, 12:27 PM
And with less than usual timing I'm flying home for the weekend with the wife and kids. Sick bags at the ready...

Peadar
27/10/2004, 12:32 PM
I'm flying home for the weekend with the wife and kids.

I'm flying this evening! :eek:

Peadar
27/10/2004, 12:59 PM
The damage has started...
See here (http://breakingnews.ie/2004/10/27/story173080.html).

green goblin
27/10/2004, 1:13 PM
Had a couple of bumpy landings in Cork over the years (My dad lives in Cobh) but not looking forward to it tomorrow at all. Still, it beats being thrown about in the Irish sea.
Have a safe journey.

Peadar
27/10/2004, 1:26 PM
Have a safe journey.

Used to it at this stage.
It scares me more to be a passenger in a car on the roads in Ireland, to be honest.
Safe trip to you and yours.

KR's Post
27/10/2004, 1:29 PM
jesus good luck guys. safe journey.. hopefully it doesn't affect the games this weekend and with bray beside the sea.... well just imagine the damage if it happened :eek: :eek:

liam88
27/10/2004, 2:18 PM
(My dad lives in Cobh)

Fair play to ya!
Swansea-Cork link is always good craic in this weather especially by midnight when everyone is to drunk to walk anyway and no one can wrok out if the floor is really moving :D ;)
Safe journey lads, Christopher go with ya....

Peadar
27/10/2004, 3:01 PM
I'm after seeing one magpie outside my window! :eek:
This trip home could be very "interesting."

green goblin
27/10/2004, 3:07 PM
Ah, we'll be fine. It's a pain if they divert us to Shannon, so I've made sure we bring enough stuff to keep the kids happy if the journey is longer than usual.
The magpipe population has grown beyond all proportion due to the ridiculous abundance of roadkilll, and is no longer to be trusted as an omen, portent or other source of divination.

Peadar
27/10/2004, 3:11 PM
The magpipe population has grown beyond all proportion due to the ridiculous abundance of roadkilll, and is no longer to be trusted as an omen, portent or other source of divination.

I've just tripped over a black cat as I ducked under a ladder.
I fell forward and broke a huge mirror.
I'm done for! :eek:

I've got a Perl scripting manual to keep me "entertained."
Should be asleep in no time. :D

drinkfeckarse
27/10/2004, 3:14 PM
(My dad lives in Cobh) .

:) :cool: :)