PDA

View Full Version : 5-a-side

Pages : [1] 2

dynamo kerry
27/10/2004, 10:19 AM
putting together a small 5-a-side event for mid january (cold i know)

teams from irishvibe, dangerhere are in. looking at one or two others. possibly proc and newstalk.

plan is 2-3 hours of playing time, pay for the pitches, hall, give a few bucks to charity each and we're off.

playing for pride of course. might dig out an old prize depending on how things go.

can foot.ie get a dublin based squad together?

pm me or just leave a note here .

Roo69
27/10/2004, 10:43 AM
putting together a small 5-a-side event for mid january (cold i know)

teams from irishvibe, dangerhere are in. looking at one or two others. possibly proc and newstalk.

plan is 2-3 hours of playing time, pay for the pitches, hall, give a few bucks to charity each and we're off.

playing for pride of course. might dig out an old prize depending on how things go.

can foot.ie get a dublin based squad together?

pm me or just leave a note here .

Great shout. I'm defo in. Any other volunteers ?

fosterdollar
27/10/2004, 10:58 AM
i'm in newbridge, so its possible i could make it. besides i miss playing in ucd.
it is ucd, is it?

dynamo kerry
27/10/2004, 11:13 AM
i'm in newbridge, so its possible i could make it. besides i miss playing in ucd.
it is ucd, is it?

thats the first choice. I emailed the sports centre chappie this morning - awaiting reply

also have a tip on kilmacud but I'd prefer ucd mesel

Macy
27/10/2004, 11:28 AM
Not another italia 90 watch....

dynamo kerry
27/10/2004, 11:34 AM
Not another italia 90 watch....
good call

found a box of them ... somewhere

they have alittle david kelly kicking a ball everytime his legs pass each other at half 8

you on?

Schumi
27/10/2004, 2:35 PM
thats the first choice. I emailed the sports centre chappie this morning - awaiting reply
I have a feeling that you can only book a month in advance.

dynamo kerry
27/10/2004, 3:15 PM
I have a feeling that you can only book a month in advance.

I have a good feeling about it

Roo69
27/10/2004, 3:22 PM
I have a good feeling about it

Come on lads.......... Surely Foot.ie has to get a team entered into this ! I've already been poached by irish vibe, will i live to regreat this transfer ?

Terry Phelan
27/10/2004, 3:38 PM
I'm up for that,i'm in ucd so i'l b around.

Dillo
27/10/2004, 3:42 PM
I'm in UCD too and I'm rearing to go!

fosterdollar
27/10/2004, 3:43 PM
at this rate could nearly have an ltfc foot.ie faction getting a team in

KR's Post
27/10/2004, 3:45 PM
Great shout. I'm defo in. Any other volunteers ?
I'd play. Us Bray fans have fantastic record in 5-a-side tournaments. Played 2,won 2. Versus Kildare and Blackburn fans and against Blackburn fans from Dublin,Blackburn,Belfast and elsewhere the other time,before our game with them 2 seasons ago!!! Have 2 trophys to prove it.. And know slaggings please. ya know'oh i bet there the first 2 trophys bray have ever won' :)

KR's Post
27/10/2004, 3:47 PM
And know slaggings please. :) And Noslaggings please :)

dynamo kerry
27/10/2004, 3:54 PM
right

tarzan1
magoo
dillo
terry phelan

ye'd need two more I reckon - this will be in jan so things may change but select a captain to keep an eye on things and to always be able to swap someone in if another pulls out

thats

DH
PLB
IV
Newstalk
Foot.ie

one more to be confirmed

exile
27/10/2004, 3:58 PM
count me in im in bray how can i join a team

dynamo kerry
27/10/2004, 4:02 PM
count me in im in bray how can i join a team

there essentialy only room for one team/squad from foot.ie at present.

sticking with a 6- team format for the day

choose wisely people

sort it out for yerselves - I might suggest a first-come-who's gonna show up selection process

KR's Post
27/10/2004, 4:06 PM
right

tarzan1
magoo
dillo
terry phelan

Well since magoo has the most posts out of the lot of us,i think,lets make him captain!!!! :) :) The Barry Ferguson type....

KR's Post
27/10/2004, 4:09 PM
I've already been poached by irish vibe, will i live to regreat this transfer ?
Ah ROO! Your letting us down my man!! You can come back if its after the transfer window or prepare for a hammering... ;) ;) ;)

exile
27/10/2004, 4:12 PM
so anyone want me on their team nooooooooooo :( is it cause im a city fan :D

KR's Post
27/10/2004, 4:16 PM
so anyone want me on their team nooooooooooo :( is it cause im a city fan :D
I'm not to say you can join but your welcome to play. Magoo,where are you!!! Captain :)

fosterdollar
27/10/2004, 4:19 PM
Well since magoo has the most posts out of the lot of us,i think,lets make him captain!!!! :) :) The Barry Ferguson type....

Jees you leave your pc for five mins and look what you end up in....

hope that doesn't mean I'd have to sit out the final.

emmm... i dunno, I'll do the cap'n thing if yis want but I would have thought you stewdents would have more time to put into organisation, no?

Dillo
27/10/2004, 4:21 PM
I want an all out LTFC team, otherwise I will refuse to enter this competition! :p All five must play in town jersies and I want my team to have a winning mentality. I very much want to win this tournament and with quality like Terry Phelan, Max Power, Magoo, The Jamaican PM, and Dillo in the squad I feel we have a realistic chance of bringing yet more silverware back to the Flansiro!

exile
27/10/2004, 4:22 PM
could i enter a cork city exiles team?

fosterdollar
god bless dis town... hey Dillo, wanna be Baz?
this could get confusing

dynamo kerry
Jees you leave your pc for five mins and look what you end up in....

emmm... i dunno, I'll do the cap'n thing if yis want but I would have thought you stewdents would have more time to put into organisation, no?

very little organising to do

I shall tell you where when how etc

just turn up and beat the plb team and then lose majestically to us in the final :D

KR's Post
27/10/2004, 4:23 PM

Magoo it is then. Captain fantastic... As for sitting the final out. Well lets wait and see!!!! ;)

dynamo kerry
27/10/2004, 4:24 PM
ok lets be clear

there's only room for one team per site

exile if you wanna be on a cork team - go talk to proc

they've not filled their team yet afaik

everyone on foot.ie can't play - otherwise sort yer own massive comp :cool:

dahamsta
27/10/2004, 4:42 PM
Everyone on Foot.ie can't play, but there's no reason everyone on Foot.ie shouldn't donate. Better yet, make it the "Foot.ie Annual 5-a-Side Forums Tourney" and get people from all those sites to donate. Could make a nice whack of money to donate to charity. No reason we shouldn't, we are after all the de facto Irish soccer site!

EDIT: For that matter, is there any reason why we can't put in more than one team. Surely the ther guys couldn't whine, since they think we're rubbish anyway. :)

adam

exile
27/10/2004, 4:45 PM
ok lets be clear

there's only room for one team per site

exile if you wanna be on a cork team - go talk to proc

they've not filled their team yet afaik

everyone on foot.ie can't play - otherwise sort yer own massive comp :cool:
ok what if i get a team from the offical ccfc site that ok?

dynamo kerry
27/10/2004, 7:58 PM
ok,

I'm all for the more the merrier - better for charity. As it stands I'm trying not to get too many peoples hopes up prior to getting the space settled. 6 teams is easy to do and won't be a problem - going beyond that is another kettle of fish and I won't get into it until I get a better handle on whats practical. better to have a good small tourny with everyone happy than a big mess. ok?

exile: I'll get back to you on this by the end of the week right?

adam: canny marketing ;) but let's leave it anonymous for now, eh? ruling nothing out yet mind you.

exile
27/10/2004, 8:17 PM
thanks dynamo

steve staunton
28/10/2004, 11:36 AM
seeing as paul keegan is a post grad student in dublin rumour has it ucd maby all us ltfc fans out there should start a petition to get him to play and reinact his cup final heroics maby get dillo to come to score his extra time winner too make sure max brings the camera

max power
28/10/2004, 11:44 AM
could i enter a cork city exiles team?

ur welcome, i already kicked a city team around the flansiro so another one would be no problem

Roo69
28/10/2004, 12:05 PM
Ah ROO! Your letting us down my man!! You can come back if its after the transfer window or prepare for a hammering... ;) ;) ;)

They treat me the way a world class footballer like myself should be treated over on IV ! The battering ram up front, a mix between Mark Hughes and Maradonna and Van Basten is what i've been told in the past :D

KR's Post
28/10/2004, 12:07 PM
They treat me the way a world class footballer like myself should be treated over on IV ! The battering ram up front, a mix between Mark Hughes and Maradonna and Van Basten is what i've been told in the past :D
Blah, Blah, Blah. Maradona. know wonder you are good. Taking drugs to enhance your performance. Even if i don't play, we'll see in january :) ;) :) ;)

Roo69
28/10/2004, 12:17 PM
Blah, Blah, Blah. Maradona. know wonder you are good. Taking drugs to enhance your performance. Even if i don't play, we'll see in january :) ;) :) ;)

I was talking about Maradonna's big gut, Van Basten's Dodgy knee and Mark Hughes firey temper

KR's Post
28/10/2004, 12:31 PM
I was talking about Maradonna's big gut, Van Basten's Dodgy knee and Mark Hughes firey temper
Oh ye!!! How stupid of me. Taxi for Tarzan1 :) :) Ah ROO your better than all three put together.. Bray i hear are after you but IV Want 500,000. Just not affordable....... ;)

fosterdollar
05/01/2005, 1:45 PM
Are we ready for this comp on the 22nd? And who's our 6th player? And we're wearing ltfc jerseys yeah?

exile
05/01/2005, 2:05 PM
im in just pm me the details

dynamo kerry
28/07/2005, 10:26 AM
doing another one of these 5-a-side comps on the 27th of august. any of you lads fancy playing- it will be in dublin again

superfrank
28/07/2005, 10:54 AM
doing another one of these 5-a-side comps on the 27th of august. any of you lads fancy playing- it will be in dublin again
I'd join in. PM me with the details.

Drumcondra Red
28/07/2005, 11:02 AM
If yis are short a player, PM me!!!

fosterdollar
28/07/2005, 11:08 AM
I would have but i'm going on holiers that day. Keep me in mind for again though. :ball:

Bluebeard
29/07/2005, 2:04 PM
I'm up for it, if there is room for one more!

I'm off on holidays soon, so PM me if there is, and I'll respond when I'm next at the internet.

dynamo kerry
18/08/2005, 8:38 PM
need a one or two other lads for this.. anyone interested in 2 hours of a small round robin comp next satuday.. few lads from dangerhere and irishvibe.com playing.. for laughs really.. (but with a competitve edge)

p,intage after in o'sheas (footy is in ucd)

hamish
18/08/2005, 8:58 PM
mid january (cold i know)

Global warming not reach Kerry yet???????? :D

dynamo kerry
18/08/2005, 9:19 PM
Global warming not reach Kerry yet???????? :D

:D

alas no.. but seriously.. next saturday 27th of aug.. c'mon down

hamish
19/08/2005, 1:53 AM
:D

alas no.. but seriously.. next saturday 27th of aug.. c'mon down

Just kidding above Dynamo, love to go but I'd be no good as a player - can't walk not to mind run. :D

Hope everything goes well for you, man.

Hamish

carrickharp
19/08/2005, 7:57 AM
If ye are stuck I could head over as well, PM me.