PDA

View Full Version : Oh ye of little faith

joeSoap
27/10/2004, 9:54 AM
Where are the knockers now....the "Dolan Out" brigade.??
Ye should be ashamed of ye'reselves, and will probably re-surface should ye fail to win the league.
Cork City have progressed each season under Dolan and O'Connor, and the progress made has been significant, both on and off the pitch.There is huge potential in Cork and it will only be realised by supporting what ye have, not knocking it when things go wrong, as they invariably will from time to time.
I really hope ye do it now, but its still a huge ask, given the run ye are currently on, but ye are a credit to Irish football both on and off the pitch so I wish ye the very best of luck.
But....try and appreciate what ye have, and learn not to be so fickle.
C'mon the Rebels... :ball:

daveh
27/10/2004, 9:58 AM
Fair play to ya joe,your dead right!!

Casegrande
27/10/2004, 10:00 AM
Where are the knockers now....the "Dolan Out" brigade.??
Ye should be ashamed of ye'reselves, and will probably re-surface should ye fail to win the league.
Cork City have progressed each season under Dolan and O'Connor, and the progress made has been significant, both on and off the pitch.There is huge potential in Cork and it will only be realised by supporting what ye have, not knocking it when things go wrong, as they invariably will from time to time.
I really hope ye do it now, but its still a huge ask, given the run ye are currently on, but ye are a credit to Irish football both on and off the pitch so I wish ye the very best of luck.
But....try and appreciate what ye have, and learn not to be so fickle.
C'mon the Rebels... :ball:
There's a handful of "City fans" around the ground who aren't capable of supporting Cork City - they prefer to moan and seem to like heading off to the pub after the game with their knuckles dragging off the ground giving out about everything under the sun, Dolan, Behan, Woods, Noelle, Lennox, life, rain.... That Hector O'Huoichagain lookalike in the Shed who gives the finger to the singing section and shouts "Dolan Out" etc .must be disgusted today - if we win the League what is he going to talk about with his cronies?

ccfcman
27/10/2004, 10:05 AM
Oh you must mean this thread then--- http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=9680&page=6&pp=20 ?

boc123
27/10/2004, 10:09 AM
Your dead right joesoap. The begrudgers seem to have gone very quiet all of a sudden. Hopefully it'll stay that way as well :D

daveh
27/10/2004, 10:18 AM
There was a few at the pats match alright,there was someone in the shed shouting abuse at dan murray for the whole game,and i mean the whole game, even when we went 3-0 up!!!

ccfcman
27/10/2004, 10:24 AM
Um Dan Murray is a bit shody at the mo in fairness, more than a touch of the Gary Breens about him.

daveh
27/10/2004, 10:31 AM
Ya,but some people take pleasure in constantly abusing the same players,Do they realise that if(when) we win the league,dan murray will be lifting the trophy!theyll probably still abuse him because of his cup-handling skills

max power
27/10/2004, 10:33 AM
,dan murray will be lifting the trophy!theyll probably still abuse him because of his cup-handling skills

the ammo is liningup for me, oh its great :D

daveh
27/10/2004, 10:36 AM
If you included the first bit, you would have seen the word "if",very important in the overall context of the post.

Colm
27/10/2004, 3:02 PM
Spot on JoeSoap and Casegrande.

People were far far too quick to critisise Dolan last month but a lot of people suffer from knee jerk reactions around here and there are also a fair few muppets knocking around the place who would nearly prefer if we were losing so that they could have something to give out about.

Fair play Pat Dolan, as I've said all along you're doing an absolutely fantastic job.

Fair_play_boy
27/10/2004, 3:36 PM
There's a handful of "City fans" around the ground who aren't capable of supporting Cork City . . . That Hector O'Huoichagain lookalike in the Shed . . . . if we win the League what is he going to talk about with his cronies?I don't know who that is, but there are more than a few like him up in DF. Excellent post, Casagrande.

RedX
27/10/2004, 6:59 PM
Great thread lads..its interesting to go back over that particular thread that ccfcman left the link to..

boc123...i disagree what you said about the begrudgers going quiet...there are still plenty of them posting here lapping up all the good work that PAT DOLAN the man they did not trust has done..if we stay in the top two come end of season it will be a fantastic achievement... :)

Would'nt it be interesting to go back over the thread and name all thoses DOLAN OUT fans... :eek:

niamh
27/10/2004, 7:24 PM
I questioned Dolan's wisdom in dropping George...
Some City fans are fickle and change their mind throughout the season but I have not been changing my mind since the beginning about anything.

NorthoftheLee
28/10/2004, 8:20 AM
I questioned Dolan's wisdom in dropping George...
Some City fans are fickle and change their mind throughout the season but I have not been changing my mind since the beginning about anything.

Niamh, you've questioned Dolan's wisdom since he took over so at least you have been consistent through all of this. unlike some others who were calling for his head only a month ago and would now kiss the mans ass :eek: if he asked them to.