PDA

View Full Version : Shels

Keen2win
15/03/2014, 10:48 AM
Looks to be a decent crowd coming down. Hopefully a good crowd will turn up from Longford too!

Hoping for all three points here, set us up nicely for Wexford next week!

C'mon De Town!

Longfordian
15/03/2014, 2:24 PM
We've won our first two games, the weather is decent, the rugby is over in plenty of time, United and Liverpool play tomorrow, I can't think of anything else that people can use as an excuse. Hopefully there's a big crowd though I never expect it.

Martinho II
15/03/2014, 3:54 PM
shels are bringing down 200 fans with them. I think the interest is there so expect a lot of interested observers!

nigel-harps1954
15/03/2014, 5:55 PM
shels are bringing down 200 fans with them. I think the interest is there so expect a lot of interested observers!

Expecting an attendance figure of 400 tonight then ;)

Bosco
15/03/2014, 9:22 PM
Desperately unlucky not to get something out of that. Not a great performance but we played or at least tried to play some good football for a change. Bennion was constantly playing the ball out through the full backs rather then hoofing it and Rice and Rhys looked very comfortable on the ball in the middle.

We were very unlucky one of those headers didn't find its way in and if Shels hadn't scored so early and sat back for the whole game things may have been different.

Longfordian
16/03/2014, 8:58 AM
Deserved something out of it alright. Not sure how O'Connor missed that rebound from Sully's header. Thought Bennion could have done better for their goal it was from a long way out. Oh well only the second game, plenty of time to make up for it.

outspoken
16/03/2014, 9:14 AM
Positives and negatives to take from last night. As bosco said great to see Benno playing from the back and we played plenty of patient passing football despite the clock being against us and as a result we should have scored a few only for bad luck and poor finishing.

The negatives were we looked extremely vulnerable on the counter attack although o'connor stopped that in the 2nd half. Peter Hynes was shocking and I think it's fair to say people are already wondering why TC brought him back.

Shels are a very young side which worryingly means they have loads of room for improvement and for me they are a better side than Galway (although they were missing players last week). It could in fact be Shels and not Galway who are our closest rivals.

Must win next week or we are under huge pressure from the get go.

Darklordsbane
16/03/2014, 1:23 PM
Have to agree about Hynes but Shannon was a lot worse for me

Martinho II
16/03/2014, 8:19 PM
I am very disappointed in the result. We were caught badly from the counter attack after our first attack when Glen Shannon hit at shels goalie.. Have to agree with lads that shot shouldnt have went in from Shels.. Thought Rice was superb for that clearance off the line..

We were unlucky at times but I thought Shannon was very wasteful. Which of the O Connors that missed that sitter was that Glen? Sully was so unlucky for his header staying out.. I was disappointed in the crowd thought there would have being more.. Also our stand was extremely quiet.. as for those Shels gurriers dont get me started..:mad:

outspoken
17/03/2014, 8:40 AM
Can't understand how anyone could criticise lorcan Shannon's performance. Yes he should have scored but the keeper made a good save it's hardly how fault shels broke and scored from it. He ran his socks off all night and for a small man he's never ever afraid to get stuck in.

Disappointing home crowd alright but with the rugby and everything else going on it's probably what we all expected deep down.

Darklordsbane
17/03/2014, 1:36 PM
Yes Outspoken Shannon ran around all night but he should have passed 3 other players from De Town in the 18 yard box all in better positions than him, I think he had an absolute nightmare on Friday night couldn't control the ball to save his life, 8 coners all rubbish, I will however conceed it was 1 very good delivery for Rhys'es header that was just over the bar, Cousin obviously thought he wasn't very good as he took him off, I thought Kevin O Connor was De Towns best player when he came on

Martinho II
17/03/2014, 9:01 PM
In other town news I spoke to a member of our backroom staff today at the parade and I can confirm that Ethan Nkololo is two weeks ahead of Salmo in coming back from injury.He should come back in two weeks time or so. That is fantastic news. Once his contract ended he said he would like to stay and Cousins said that he wanted to keep him. He is living in town with his girlfriend. This will liven up the competition on the wings. No word on Mick Lee yet he is weeks away from returning and is deciding on his options.

outspoken
18/03/2014, 12:59 PM
Yes Outspoken Shannon ran around all night but he should have passed 3 other players from De Town in the 18 yard box all in better positions than him, I think he had an absolute nightmare on Friday night couldn't control the ball to save his life, 8 coners all rubbish, I will however conceed it was 1 very good delivery for Rhys'es header that was just over the bar, Cousin obviously thought he wasn't very good as he took him off, I thought Kevin O Connor was De Towns best player when he came on

Shannon came off because he was clearly tired not because he had a poor game. If being a constant threat down the wing and fighting for every ball is ''having a nightmare'' then I hope he has many more this season.

Macy
19/03/2014, 1:59 PM
Don't think anyone was particularly bad, including Hynes. But we never really did enough to break them down once they closed up shop, the couple of crosses excepted. Rice looks like the missing part we've needed the last few years - actually what I expected Gillespie to be, but he never quite delivered.

Mister X
19/03/2014, 7:45 PM
Don't think anyone was particularly bad, including Hynes. But we never really did enough to break them down once they closed up shop, the couple of crosses excepted. Rice looks like the missing part we've needed the last few years - actually what I expected Gillespie to be, but he never quite delivered.

ah hynes was muck! but TC playing him in that role was a joke! hopefully TC cops on...

Longfordian
03/04/2014, 7:44 PM
I see Shels are holding meetings with their supporters to try and clamp down on their behaviour at future away games as they got "fines which we just can't afford to pay" due to their fans acting up in the CCS. Wonder if the Town sent them a bill for the broken seats? The FAI may have been handling it I suppose.

Mister X
03/04/2014, 10:53 PM
I see Shels are holding meetings with their supporters to try and clamp down on their behaviour at future away games .

id say the main fine would be for throwing the flare onto the pitch!