PDA

View Full Version : GTA: San Andreas

Pages : [1] 2

eamoss
26/10/2004, 5:18 PM
Anyone getting GTA:SA on Friday? It is 5 times bigger then Vice City! I have pre-booked mine, I just cant wait till Firday!!!

ccfcman
26/10/2004, 5:20 PM
I've beta tested the Pc version its massive!

Kowalski
26/10/2004, 8:42 PM
seems like its going to be even better than the last two which were brilliant.
the soundtrack looks pretty cool aswell mostly hip-hop & reggae

Closed Account 2
26/10/2004, 9:46 PM
I have played the game about 2 solid days now. Its very good, it is massive and to cut a long story short well worth getting. There are only 3 slight problems I have with it:-

1. Slowdown - particularly when the sun rises sets. The game just goes a little slow, its not that bad but you do notice it.

2. The content - well I wouldnt play this game with anyone under 12 or over 40 around as it uses a lot of rude words for a lot of the time. And I know GTA3 and VC were by no means clean, but this uses the "N" and "B" words very frequently.

3. The AI - You seem to have to rely upon the AI to do a fair bit of the aiming, sometimes its shooting is worse than David Connolly.

But there are so many plus points that really these 3 arent a problem, its a very good game. You can just drive around and not do the missions and its still great - its like a whole world that your driving in. Anyway I wont give too much away coz it will spoil the plot etc, but if youve pre-ordered this game its safe to say it wont be a dissapointment.

PS - There is also a 2 player mode, where you get to be the main character's wife or girlfriend or whatever... its a nice touch but single player is better.

eamoss
26/10/2004, 10:28 PM
Sales Expected To Reach $225 Million In First Week

GTA San Andreas is expected to bring in sales totaling $225 million a week from today, estimated to be 10%-25% more than GTA Vice City.

While this is no surprise to the GTA series, sequels to recent blockbuster games rarely sell more than their original.

inexile
27/10/2004, 8:23 AM
jaysus i just cant wait been bursting for the day since i pre booked my copy 2 months ago, have taken fri off work and all so ill be in the queue at 9 bells, have told the girlfriend im might see her for christmas

aidz1
28/10/2004, 3:18 PM
Is GTA: San Andreas not being released for the xbox format?
cant seem to locate it on the normal retail sites..

eamoss
28/10/2004, 5:38 PM
One of my has an xbox & he said its not coming out for the xbox for a few months!

Ruairi
30/10/2004, 5:27 PM
yeah and not on pc till next feckin year! :mad:

DolansWaistcoat
30/10/2004, 6:42 PM
The aul doll got mine pre booked for me my birthday and she got it for me friday although I haven't played it yet.Playing Driver 3 at the moment and about 10 missions into it.It's fairly hard though and I know if I start playing GTA5 I'LL never play driver again for months.

eamoss
31/10/2004, 11:05 AM
I dont like the way you lose $100 each time you die or get caught. You make fúck all if not any money from the missions!

Ruairi
31/10/2004, 11:20 AM
Played it for a half hour this morning before i went to work, just more ofthe same really. great tunes though, and Sam muthafukkin Jackson plays the bent cop! quality. and the bmx's are class too

eamoss
31/10/2004, 2:59 PM
Cool just after finding a tow truck & a tractor!

eamoss
31/10/2004, 4:31 PM
The tow truck was just driving around the city & i robbed it. The tractor was in the small town in the north west but there is lods of them around there!

Flea
02/11/2004, 2:06 PM
How about the new getaway:black monday- storyline seems a bit like snatch :rolleyes:

Ruairi
02/11/2004, 2:08 PM
unless they sort out the missions in the getaway, along with the control method when you're outside the car (the driving around london bit was cool i have to admit) the getaway is always going to be a poor second to GTA

Flea
02/11/2004, 2:13 PM
The way London was recreated and the realistic storyline means that it is rather the getaway which is theoretically better than GTA be it that the controls in the getaway are crap

Ruairi
02/11/2004, 2:37 PM
The way London was recreated and the realistic storyline means that it is rather the getaway which is theoretically better than GTA be it that the controls in the getaway are crap

EH??
realistic storyline? it's about as realistic as ramblers chances of getting promoted! and you can claim it's theoretically better, but it handles like a donkey and is about as much fun to play through as a kick in the spuds

Flea
04/11/2004, 12:33 PM
EH??
realistic storyline? it's about as realistic as ramblers chances of getting promoted! and you can claim it's theoretically better, but it handles like a donkey and is about as much fun to play through as a kick in the spuds
It is also easier to relate the London surrounds rather than the American settings.

Ruairi
05/11/2004, 8:51 AM
It is also easier to relate the London surrounds rather than the American settings.

yeah, if you live in england :rolleyes:

carrickharp
05/11/2004, 9:55 AM
Looking forward to getting my copy in the post soon, what’s this about having to eat to keep your energy level up, dose it effect play if you don't eat? and they have BMX’s to??

I will probably get the Getaway also as I played the original before playing GTA3 and I hear the Black Monday is much improved on the original. Think I will trade Hitman and Max Payne in for it as found both these games frustrating that’s probably GTA’s fault!!

Ruairi
05/11/2004, 10:28 AM
Looking forward to getting my copy in the post soon, what’s this about having to eat to keep your energy level up, dose it effect play if you don't eat? and they have BMX’s to??

if you don't eat you'll lose energy, however eat too much and you'll get fat. luckily you can stop by the gym to get fit and build up your muscle.

the bmx's are mad

GavinZac
08/11/2004, 10:58 AM
you only have to eat every so often. maybe once a day (in real time, not in the game itself).

the defending your territory bit is very annoying.

Ruairi
08/11/2004, 11:05 AM
to be completely honest......

i've gotten bored of it!

It's the same as vice city with a new setting. great tunes though, and some nice new features, but i haven;t played it all weekend. i only do the missions to open up the other cities, but i couldn;t be arsed to do the missions, cause they're a bit repetitive and annoying when you can;t get them done.

i just spend most of my time in it cruising around,listening to radio los santos or radio x, going to the gym and tearing around on a bmx.bmxs are cool

Paulie
08/11/2004, 11:45 AM
You don't have to complete missions to gain access to other parts of the map. I was able to swim across. Beware though that as soon as you step foot on the the new Island you are automatically put on to 4 stars. All you have to do then is make it to a pay'n spray.

Ruairi
08/11/2004, 12:19 PM
I can delete the save on your memory card then ya! ;)
DO AND I'LL BEAT YOU WITH A SPOON :)

heh heh

inexile
08/11/2004, 12:27 PM
lads i think its the dogs boll1x the only thing is i find myself taking gangsta all of a sudden the missus doesnt take to kindly to being called bitch!! also trying to get my mates to let me call them smoke, sweet or my fave og loc!!

jebus
08/11/2004, 1:15 PM
I think its turned into a bit of a Be Here Now, as good as expected on the surface, but not interesting enough to keep me glued to it. The Red County missions ****ed me right off, driving from one end of the screen to the other to go rob a betting shop or whatever, and stopping the couriers (albeit optional) is very annoying. I miss Tommy Vercetti!

sligoman
12/11/2004, 11:36 PM
Got the game the other day.It's deadly but one thing I hate about it is having to go back to the house to save it,it's so ****ing annoying.Why cant they make that when you press start then you have the option to save it. :mad:

UCD_4_Life
13/11/2004, 10:36 PM
Bought it on Thursday (after waiting since release for the local games shop to restock it) and have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. I'm still only in the first city and I get lost on a regular basis. The map is just vast. It gets as close to simulating the feel of a real place as GTA has gotten, I think.

The soundtrack is great and I prefer the "Boyz 'n' the hood" theme. Probably my favourite game of its time ever and definitely my favourite non-sports game on the PS2 (or anywhere else, for that matter).

GavinZac
17/11/2004, 10:49 AM
Got the game the other day.It's deadly but one thing I hate about it is having to go back to the house to save it,it's so ****ing annoying.Why cant they make that when you press start then you have the option to save it. :mad:

1) to discourage the load, fail mission, load, fail mission, load, pass mission technique so many people use
2) one part of the game is winning or buying more safehouses all over the map.
3) in this one, a lot of the missions in more remote parts have safe houses right next to them, for free.

tetsujin1979
17/11/2004, 12:07 PM
I completed the "555 We Tip" mission last night and the game froze up on me :mad: I restarted my ps2 and it completed fine, anyone else have similar problems?

There's an article on GTA:SA in todays' independent as well

inexile
17/11/2004, 1:00 PM
is there any chance you could post this article as i wont get a chance to get the indo today

tetsujin1979
17/11/2004, 1:03 PM
done and done

'A new level in digital carnage'

A NEW videogame which features strong images of sex and violence has sparked a warning to parents to check what their children are watching.

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas has an 18-plus rating, but it is expected to be in demand among younger teens, particularly in the run-up to Christmas.

Since its launch at the end of October, it is credited as being the fastest-selling video game of all time. In the UK, one million copies were sold in the first nine days of its release; in Ireland, it is the chart-topper for the Golden Discs chain.

The Playstation game is the latest in the highly-popular Grand Theft Auto series, some earlier versions of which were approved by the international industry regulator for 13-year-olds.

However, Eleanor Petrie, president of the National Parents Council Post Primary (NPC-PP), has expressed concern that parents might not be aware of the content of the latest game, considered more graphic than an earlier version called Vice City.

"In fairness, the 18 rating is written all over it, but I would worry that parents might just feel that this is only a bit of violence."

Players had options to become pimps and scored points for picking up prostitutes. Sex was depicted by a rocking car, she said.

Ms Petrie said parents who were in touch with the NPC-PP and there was a concern that children as young as 13 would be looking for it .

"This will desensitise those who play it. I know kids have always played cops and robbers, but in this, the bad guys win all the time."

The Irish Film Censors Office, which has viewed it, has accepted the 18-plus rating awarded by the Pan European Games Information (PEGI) rating system, which came with a warning that it depicted violence.

However, the Enterprise Software Rating Board (ESRB), a self-regulatory body for the interactive entertainment software industry, which gave it a 17-plus rating, went further with its guidelines. The ESRB content descriptors warn of blood and gore, intense violence, strong language, strong sexual content and consumption f illegal drugs.

The game recreates 1990s US West Coast-style gang wars and follows the exploits of an ex-con who returns to the slums to avenge his mother's death with the help of his old gang. The game has an all-star cast of voice actors including Samuel L Jackson but it pushes the genre to new extremes.

As well as the usual violent rampages, including drive-by shootings, the game offers players an opportunity to become a pimp. By hijacking a certain type of vehicle players can control their own batch of prostitutes.

The ESRB recommends that parents learn about games before buying. Parents are advised to use the ratings in conjunction with their own tastes and standards and their individual knowledge about what's best for their kids.

jofyisgod
19/11/2004, 8:04 PM
However, Eleanor Petrie, president of the National Parents Council Post Primary (NPC-PP), has expressed concern that parents might not be aware of the content of the latest game, considered more graphic than an earlier version called Vice City.

People like her need to get a life! I see these kind of things every day as a teenager. FFS, i don't need a game to see drugs, etc. COP ON LADY!

$Leon$
22/11/2004, 6:14 PM
great game. could play it all day. much bigger area and choice of vehicles.

inexile
22/11/2004, 6:16 PM
agree entirely leon only wish i had more time to play it another good thing is that the missions are challengin but not impossible

ccfcman
23/11/2004, 8:12 AM
I think the missions are too easy. but lots of variety, I'm not keen on flight or bike school, double Uzis are the job.

DolansWaistcoat
23/11/2004, 8:33 AM
I just started playing it last night because I was playing driver3(which I didn't bother finishing because it was too annoying in the end).

The BMX'S are mad things and the first car I robbed had Stone Roses,Fools Gold playing when I jumped in.Daycent like. :cool:

$Leon$
23/11/2004, 10:28 AM
I just started playing it last night because I was playing driver3(which I didn't bother finishing because it was too annoying in the end).

The BMX'S are mad things and the first car I robbed had Stone Roses,Fools Gold playing when I jumped in.Daycent like. :cool:

best tunes seems to be on radio x. only wish i could play it all day.

Ruairi
23/11/2004, 10:36 AM

yeah, radio los santos is class as well,loadsa cool hip hop. although with radio X you can drive along killing random people to the sounds of RATM's "Killing In The Name".

Which was nice

ccfcman
23/11/2004, 11:05 AM
There's some Rod Stewart on CRT [is it?] seriously easy listening when you want to go hustling!

DolansWaistcoat
23/11/2004, 11:39 AM

Ya radio x is the job alright,'Welcome to the jungle,we got fun and games'. :cool: :D

tetsujin1979
23/11/2004, 12:14 PM
There's some really neat touches in there too, like the fact that sound quality on a motorcycle is noticeably less than in a car.

GavinZac
24/11/2004, 1:53 PM
and as you go along thr news announcers talk about stuff thats been happening in the game. also Fernando martinez's radio return is very funny as always.

inexile
24/11/2004, 1:55 PM
boys having real trouble with the toy airplane mission is there any tricks someone can help me with to kill the couriers without running out of fuel

GavinZac
24/11/2004, 1:58 PM
boys having real trouble with the toy airplane mission is there any tricks someone can help me with to kill the couriers without running out of fuel

its pretty difficult. check the faq's on www.gamefaqs.com , i did it after a few goes. do the nearest ones first, just try and control the planes. it helps if you've a bit of skill picked up on the airplane missions.

tetsujin1979
24/11/2004, 2:12 PM
and as you go along thr news announcers talk about stuff thats been happening in the game. also Fernando martinez's radio return is very funny as always.

Missed that, but there's a reference to the the American - Australian wars from GTA 3 as well if you go into Ammunation

DolansWaistcoat
25/11/2004, 4:33 PM
Playing it last night and went into the police station and started looking around and ended up in the showers where I came across a long pink double sided dildo which I proceeded to use it as a club to beat any cops that were near me to death. :D

It the little things like that that make the vice city games the most entertaining to play on any console.A fcukin Dildo in the cops shower room,ffs, class stuff. :D

GavinZac
25/11/2004, 5:30 PM
the vice city games

oh the travesty

theres been about 7 games and one of them was set in vice city