PDA

View Full Version : x box or ps2

max power
26/10/2004, 3:42 PM
any chance of a poll ???????? even add in game cube for the craic.

the x box "turbo" ;) gets my vote :D

dahamsta
26/10/2004, 3:44 PM
Jays that was quick Max. I was talking about soccer gaming, however gimme a list of options and I'll add a poll...

max power
26/10/2004, 3:46 PM
best platform for gaming

playstation 2
x box
game cube
pc
gameboy
n gage

dahamsta
26/10/2004, 4:40 PM
For the non-Boardsters, Atari Jaguar is the equivalent of Other. Seemed appropriate in the circumstances...

Ruairi
26/10/2004, 4:43 PM
Has to be PC. tiger Woods 2004 has taken up far too many hours oif my life, alongwith Champ Man, half Life, Call Of Duty, Deus Ex, Max Payne, and many, many more.

ccfcman
26/10/2004, 5:15 PM
Any1 who says other than a PC is stoned

yur man
26/10/2004, 6:36 PM
i cant afford a second pc at home so i got an xbox

i used to love pc gamin but i was hoggin it big time and girlfriend wasnt too happy

the pc games makers are often raising the standard of graphics cards to play them and then u have the cheaters when playin online

with xbox its easier to go online than ps2 (adaptors etc)

xbox is best 4 me and theres more good games comin out all the time (halo2 and pro evo 4)

A face
26/10/2004, 6:57 PM
Deus Ex

Played the demo of this one and thought it was brilliant ... never go around to getting the full version. Whats it like Roar ... did you finish it ??

ccfcman
27/10/2004, 9:24 AM
u have the cheaters when playin online

You havn't a clue what you're talking about mate, all wall hacking and scripts are eradicated at this stage, as a Day of Defeat Admin I have had to deal with these problems in the past but all good gaming servers runa nti cheat which scans your files and gives you the boot before you even get in, common knowledge laddy ;) .

Risteard
27/10/2004, 11:05 AM
Sega Genesis every time.

yur man
27/10/2004, 11:39 AM
well i shud have said cheats and knobs who try to ruin games.im well aware of anti cheat stuff, i used meself but i came across a lot of knobs playin rtcw. and admin was not always around to boot them

with xbox u have the 'feedback' where u can report knobs etc. i havent used it yet but it is a deterrent

that isnt my main reasons for preferring xbox anyway. like i said, i cant afford a second pc so xbox lets me play online which is the job, and everyone operates on the same equipment

DolansWaistcoat
27/10/2004, 11:50 AM
Ps2 is the only one I have so I'll have to go for that.

Grand theft Auto 5 is out friday and if it's as good as the rest it's gonna be feckin brilliant.

Playing driver3 at the moment and it's very hard but a decent game.

Flea
27/10/2004, 8:08 PM
Ps2 is the only one I have so I'll have to go for that.

Grand theft Auto 5 is out friday and if it's as good as the rest it's gonna be feckin brilliant.

Playing driver3 at the moment and it's very hard but a decent game.

Yep PS2, the new Getaway will also be out nxt month. I have driver3, I think its crap. Playing pro evolution 4 at the mo and it is the best footie game ever.

tetsujin1979
28/10/2004, 8:59 AM
I've a PS2, hooked on Tony Hawk's underground and PES 3, I was thinking of getting PES4, but there's no online play, so I'll stick with 3.

Besides GTA: San Andreas is out tomorrow, so that'll consume my life for the next few weeks

town73
28/10/2004, 1:06 PM
X-Box appears to be the better console, but the controls on the PS2 so far ahead that it beats the xbox every time.

GavinZac
28/10/2004, 1:29 PM
N-Gage QD

ive 30+ playstation quality games in my pocket, for when im not texting or on foot.ie (on the fone)

petef
28/10/2004, 3:07 PM
Dreamcast was probably the best system ever for quality games, think the Cube is also excellent, PS2 has its merits but theres far too much crap available for it with developers looking to make a fast buck. Xbox is a bit of a darkhorse...if only they made it smaller.

Ruairi
29/10/2004, 9:44 AM
Played the demo of this one and thought it was brilliant ... never go around to getting the full version. Whats it like Roar ... did you finish it ??

nyeh.... as with most PC games, they're far too long for someone with ADD like me. I'll give you my one if you want. T'was good though.