PDA

View Full Version : Christy Fagan

CityRebel
08/03/2014, 11:37 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1652497/bambi-on-the-ice-o.gif (http://gifsoup.com/view/1652497/bambi-on-the-ice.html)

adamd164
08/03/2014, 12:34 PM
I know this is a fishing expedition...but Fagan took his goal well last night and had a decent enough game.

Dodge
08/03/2014, 2:36 PM
I know this is a fishing expedition...but Fagan took his goal well last night and had a decent enough game.

Yeah he was terrific IMO. Played his role extremely well and the header was top class

CityRebel
08/03/2014, 3:39 PM
He took his goal well, but if that was a "terrific" performance from him I'd say he won't get in the team when Quigley is fit. He spent more time on the floor than anything else, amazed the ref didn't have a word with him at some point, although the ref was appalling. Even his teammates looked embarrassed by him at points.

Dodge
08/03/2014, 4:28 PM
Ha, you seem quite bitter about his goal

Good

CityRebel
08/03/2014, 4:30 PM
Ha, you seem quite bitter about his goal

Good

I said he took his goal well, nothing bitter about that.

Charlie Darwin
08/03/2014, 7:39 PM
You fish for baby deer in Cork?

wonder88
08/03/2014, 9:08 PM
Hope something is done soon about the diving by likes of Fagan. There was a fine crowd at that game but when that kind of carry-on is allowed to continue many people will get fed-up with it simply not go to games.

Charlie Darwin
08/03/2014, 9:20 PM
Hope something is done soon about the diving by likes of Fagan. There was a fine crowd at that game but when that kind of carry-on is allowed to continue many people will get fed-up with it simply not go to games.
Hyperbole alert.

Dodge
09/03/2014, 8:24 AM

For the record Fagan is not a diver, and didn't do anything out of the ordinary on Friday

If anyone used 'diving' by an opposition player to not watch their team, they're probably not coming back anyway. Get a grip

Ezeikial
09/03/2014, 9:31 AM
For the record Fagan is not a diver, and didn't do anything out of the ordinary on Friday

Everything is relative. If the standard is set by Killian Brennan, then Fagan is innocent.

CityRebel
09/03/2014, 9:45 AM

If anyone used 'diving' by an opposition player to not watch their team, they're probably not coming back anyway. Get a grip
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3685/13007675185_fdb55746ed.jpg (http://flic.kr/p/kPrJDP)

disgruntled
09/03/2014, 10:14 AM

I'm sure he's not.
I thought it was an inner ear infection he had myself :p
This causes you to lose your balance for no apparent reason.
Yes that must be it alright.

He's a very good player & took his goal brilliantly but he's got to stay on his feet more.
Sorry Dodge but it was laughable at times.
I even saw the ref laughing & it must be really funny to make a League of Ireland ref laugh.
I'm surprised the ref didn't have a word with him.

Dodge
09/03/2014, 7:25 PM
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3685/13007675185_fdb55746ed.jpg (http://flic.kr/p/kPrJDP)
A photo of him on the ground proves what exactly

This thread is gas

SkStu
09/03/2014, 8:07 PM
A photo of him on the ground proves what exactly

This thread is gas

Same ol Pats... ;)

http://f1.thejournal.ie/media/2012/04/inpho_00587980-230x150.jpg

wonder88
09/03/2014, 8:08 PM
To get a good crowd in as they did in Cork means that a lot of people did good work promoting the game, unpaid work by the way. A Derby player over in England got send off, harshly, last week in a vital game which they lost and it will probably take something similar here to stamp it out. We can't take the Cillian Brennan standard as our guideline of which player is a diver either. Those who volunteer in order to keep the league of Ireland going deserve better from those who take a good wage out it. So again I hope Fran Gavin or whoever is in charge of the refs has a word with them before the next round of games.

Charlie Darwin
09/03/2014, 8:48 PM
To get a good crowd in as they did in Cork means that a lot of people did good work promoting the game, unpaid work by the way. A Derby player over in England got send off, harshly, last week in a vital game which they lost and it will probably take something similar here to stamp it out.
I doubt the Derby sending-off will stamp anything out since the guy didn't even dive and got sent off anyway.

desaintsno.12
10/03/2014, 8:57 AM
this is hilarious stuff.
Who would have thunk it, the problem, with our game here is Christy Fagan !!!!

To the Cork fans up there on their high horses (the poor horse has to carry the chip on your shoulder too), do you think the consistently late hatchet tackles with no intention to win the ball that your team persited with through out the game, and the persistent biiiitching at the lino and ref by most notably Billy Denehy are good examples of how the game should be played ? do you think they are the sort of antics that bring crowds back ?
First of all stop with the drama. Secondly, look at the poor behaviour of your own team.

CityRebel
10/03/2014, 9:16 AM
this is hilarious stuff.
Who would have thunk it, the problem, with our game here is Christy Fagan !!!!

To the Cork fans up there on their high horses (the poor horse has to carry the chip on your shoulder too), do you think the consistently late hatchet tackles with no intention to win the ball that your team persited with through out the game, and the persistent biiiitching at the lino and ref by most notably Billy Denehy are good examples of how the game should be played ? do you think they are the sort of antics that bring crowds back ?
First of all stop with the drama. Secondly, look at the poor behaviour of your own team.

This thread is about Christy Fagan :) It's the first game of the season, there's bound to be a few late tackles, it wasn't a dirty game at all. The ref and linemen were a disgrace, the amount of soft bookings was unbelievable, and the linesmen were asleep. Ye got away with very few bookings. Not to mention Fahey trying to start on Marky Sull by pushing him in the chest off the ball while the ref had his back turned. Marky Sull didn't even flinch, I'd say Fagan would've ended up in the CUH if one of our players did that to him.

desaintsno.12
10/03/2014, 9:27 AM
This thread is about Christy Fagan :) It's the first game of the season, there's bound to be a few late tackles, it wasn't a dirty game at all. The ref and linemen were a disgrace, the amount of soft bookings was unbelievable, and the linesmen were asleep. Ye got away with very few bookings. Not to mention Fahey trying to start on Marky Sull by pushing him in the chest off the ball while the ref had his back turned. Marky Sull didn't even flinch, I'd say Fagan would've ended up in the CUH if one of our players did that to him.

with this sort of response, any discussion is futile

Dodge
10/03/2014, 9:28 AM
Fahey reacted to a push. Surprised you missed that.

Every booking was deserved and there could have been more. Greg Bolger got away with one in the opening 30 seconds. After that Cork attempted to kick Pats off the park. WOrked for a while too.

But yeah, continue to focus on Christy Fagan's non existent diving.

CityRebel
10/03/2014, 9:35 AM
Fahey reacted to a push. Surprised you missed that.

Every booking was deserved and there could have been more. Greg Bolger got away with one in the opening 30 seconds. After that Cork attempted to kick Pats off the park. WOrked for a while too.

But yeah, continue to focus on Christy Fagan's non existent diving.
Take the blinkers off Dodge. It's not just City fans saying it. Don't be such a drama queen, we weren't attempting to kick ye off the park at all.

desaintsno.12
10/03/2014, 9:55 AM
we weren't attempting to kick ye off the park at all.

ah here !!!!

Bar a Drogheda perfromance i saw two years ago, it was the most blatant effort i have seen in the last few years to go in late on a team and kick them to put them off their game. Thats not being precious, i'm all for hard tackles, by us or against us, but this was not the case at all.

CityRebel
10/03/2014, 11:59 AM
ah here !!!!

Bar a Drogheda perfromance i saw two years ago, it was the most blatant effort i have seen in the last few years to go in late on a team and kick them to put them off their game. Thats not being precious, i'm all for hard tackles, by us or against us, but this was not the case at all.

Come off the stage, even pro-Dublin newspapers were saying the bookings were outrageous.

Dodge
10/03/2014, 12:28 PM
even pro-Dublin newspapers

Ah so I'm trying to reason with a lunatic.

I should have known

CityRebel
10/03/2014, 12:33 PM
Ah so I'm trying to reason with a lunatic.

I should have known

You're on your own on this one Dodge, your bias is skewing your view on the facts.

desaintsno.12
10/03/2014, 2:21 PM
even pro-Dublin newspapers .

Ha.... brilliant. I love this post.

I apologise. each one of them was a beautifully timed tackle. Apparently the ball was made in Dublin, and as soon as the cork player arrived, the ball moved, thus making the Cork player miss the ball and kick the Pats players ankles. The ref being a pro Dublin ref (obviously, arent they all) was aware of this, and contrived to punish Cork and gift Pats the point, dispite the fact that Cork played all the football, had all the ball and were far superior. The End

"I'm not paranoid..... i know they're after me"

Ezeikial
10/03/2014, 2:55 PM
Pats fans seem really pi$$ed off about this.

I suppose it could be worse - imagine if they played that Queen track on the tannoy

CityRebel
10/03/2014, 3:28 PM
Ha.... brilliant. I love this post.

I apologise. each one of them was a beautifully timed tackle. Apparently the ball was made in Dublin, and as soon as the cork player arrived, the ball moved, thus making the Cork player miss the ball and kick the Pats players ankles. The ref being a pro Dublin ref (obviously, arent they all) was aware of this, and contrived to punish Cork and gift Pats the point, dispite the fact that Cork played all the football, had all the ball and were far superior. The End

"I'm not paranoid..... i know they're after me"

Don't be so ridiculous.

Ye seem very bitter after Friday night lads.

Dodge
10/03/2014, 3:30 PM
Aye, it's the Pats fans coming across as bitter...

CityRebel
10/03/2014, 3:31 PM
Aye, it's the Pats fans coming across as bitter...

Yes. Ye are.

sadloserkid
10/03/2014, 3:37 PM
Wasn't George O'Callaghan, like, a hero down in Cork? :confused:

Mr A
10/03/2014, 3:48 PM
MOD HAT ON: I'd probably close or move this thread if it wasn't so fantastic. But do try and keep the heads folks.

CityRebel
10/03/2014, 3:50 PM
MOD HAT ON: I'd probably close or move this thread if it wasn't so fantastic. But do try and keep the heads folks.

:D

We're in Pats heads, might as well close it now!

Mr A
10/03/2014, 4:16 PM
That doesn't necessarily sound like a good place to be.

Would be careful in assuming what/who the rest of us are finding amusing BTW. :)

seand
10/03/2014, 5:22 PM
Classic thread this.... outrage, conspiracies, bias, terrible refereeing, diving, rough tactics, we've got it all.

Just need a Bohs fan and a Rovers fan to wade in now, then somebody to compare somebody else to the Nazis and we can stick a fork in it.

JC_GUFC
11/03/2014, 12:33 AM
Ridden Rock Solid

Fivesilver
11/03/2014, 5:49 AM
Classic thread this.... outrage, conspiracies, bias, terrible refereeing, diving, rough tactics, we've got it all.

Just need a Bohs fan and a Rovers fan to wade in now, then somebody to compare somebody else to the Nazis and we can stick a fork in it.

Now I'm bitter that nobody assumed we'd have something cranky/smug/indifferent to say about this - the reference to 'Rovers' meaning Shamrock Rovers clearly being a deliberate insult to us.

At this point I'd like to broaden the terms of reference with a jibe about a DVD or plastic pitches - and possibly get both of UCD's fans riled up.

Pablo Escobar
11/03/2014, 6:07 AM
After seeing Dunleavy's 2nd yellow on TV last night, we an safely say the not ALL of Cork City's yellows were deserved.

Nesta99
11/03/2014, 10:37 AM

Ah good auld Godwin's Law Sean!

PartySaint
15/03/2014, 11:14 AM
Christy scored again last night :)

Would have preferred if he dived to win a peno tho, maybe he's saving that for our next game against Cork.

Dodge
15/03/2014, 7:04 PM
Good to see all the pro-Dubin media call him player of the season so far. Well deserved

razor
15/03/2014, 9:35 PM
Christy scored again last night :)

Would have preferred if he dived to win a peno tho, maybe he's saving that for our next game against Cork.

It doesn't matter if he's standing up or on the deck, a fine player.
I remember when he scored a penalty lying down.

Let Christy take it.

CityRebel
17/03/2014, 10:46 PM
Good to see all the pro-Dubin media call him player of the season so far. Well deserved
Pity they know nothing about the LOI.

It doesn't matter if he's standing up or on the deck, a fine player.
I remember when he scored a penalty lying down.

Let Christy take it.
Great left foot.