PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Gormley-the future!!!

KR's Post
26/10/2004, 1:50 PM
Has Eddie Gormley played his very last game for bray wanderers after a terrible challenge on a Finn Harps player on Saturday. The expierience of him and he goes and does a rash challenge like this. just not a model for the young lads and young kids who support the club. :confused:

Seagull's Nest
26/10/2004, 2:26 PM
Eddie plays with his heart and soul and does not like losing! But who does so he needs to learn to control that temper and set a good example to the younger loads on the team.

KK77
27/10/2004, 10:00 AM
Have to say a bit sad when Eddie needs to learn to control his temper considering hes 36 and all his years in the game. Realistically i think Eddie should call it a day now as i don't think he could offer anything next season as a player not the way the league is going with players being much fitter etc though i do reckon he would be a valuable addition to the coaching staff.

Seagull's Nest
27/10/2004, 12:42 PM
With his experience he would be an asset to the club... And i do agree it is noow time for Eddie to hang up his playing boots...

joeSoap
27/10/2004, 1:02 PM
He has been a great servant to Bray and the EL....However, if he keeps doing stupid things like that tackle against Harps, then he should change his name to Eddie Gormless.....boom boom :D

Seagull's Nest
27/10/2004, 1:21 PM
I agree, he has been fantastic to the El and bray, but he has lost the pace and gets easily annonyed when it does not go his way...

Roo69
27/10/2004, 1:28 PM
Eddie still has a lot to offer Bray in terms and leadership or helping the young lads coming through. Just look at his preformances Vs. Sligo, Kildare and Athlone.

If he does hang his boos up at the end of the season, i really hope he stays on as a coach with the club or gets involved with the U21 set up.

seagulls4ever
30/10/2004, 12:18 PM
Eddie still has a lot to offer Bray in terms and leadership or helping the young lads coming through. Just look at his preformances Vs. Sligo, Kildare and Athlone.

If he does hang his boos up at the end of the season, i really hope he stays on as a coach with the club or gets involved with the U21 set up.

hang on roo, is that an opinion?? where did you cut and paste it from? i must have missed that on braywanderers.ie

d_informer
30/10/2004, 12:22 PM
haveta agree with ya roo, u cant just dump a player with as much solid grit and determination as gormley. he plays purely with heart and that is something that is often lost in our side. if the lads played with the same heart and drive as he displays, we would have won against galway! by the way the turn out in the shed last night really could have been better, with the boys so close to promotion we need the support more than ever and we need to stop turning on our players- tarzan1. :mad: