PDA

View Full Version : NI Premiership, 07 Feb

McNasara
07/03/2014, 1:21 PM
Glentoran vs Ballymena

Only the two points between these two teams which will be motivated because they are struggling for the top six. Actually Glentoran is currently the fifth, but Ballymena could overtake them with eventual victory tonight. The Glens are in worse shape this year as confirmed in the last game when hardly beat a team from the third rank in the Irish Cup replay match (will play the quarterfinals on Monday). They have lost three regulars (defender R. O'Neill, midfielders J. Callacher and R. Clarke) in the winter transfer window and it could be the reason for their weaker performances recently. Midfielder J. Addis is suspended, and another one M. Kane is injured. All key defenders J. Hill, J. Magee and C. Birney are doubtful, while the other three less important players are out. On the other hand, Ballymena is in a good mood after qualifying in the Cup semifinals where they will have a big chance. The Sky Blues will be without defender M. McCullagh due to suspension, but midfielders M. Surgenor and G. Thompson return from bans. Stats is also on their side as they have won seven times in their last nine visits to the Oval. Also, Glentoran have only three wins from fifteen games at home this season, so I believe that Ballymena won't lose, in the worst case. I'm going with two units this time because I see a really good value at these odds.

bet: Ballymena win (draw no bet)
odds: @2.60
stake: 2/5

bennocelt
07/03/2014, 1:36 PM
doing anything in the loi tonight?

Mr A
07/03/2014, 1:59 PM
Woah, you can NEVER rely on Ballymena in a bet so won't follow this one. Best of luck though.

McNasara
07/03/2014, 3:02 PM
doing anything in the loi tonight?
It's only the first round, so I don't think I'll take anything... Also I haven't completed the preview of all teams (it should be prepared before the second round).

Woah, you can NEVER rely on Ballymena in a bet so won't follow this one. Best of luck though.
Why mate?

Mr A
07/03/2014, 6:27 PM
They're just mental unpredictable. Have seen people often say on Irish League forums that you can never rely on them to do the expected.

McNasara
07/03/2014, 7:42 PM
They're just mental unpredictable. Have seen people often say on Irish League forums that you can never rely on them to do the expected.
Looks like that's it, 1:0 for Glens (with only four regulars) at the break. Unfortunately, I bet with the highest stakes lately. :(

McNasara
07/03/2014, 8:59 PM
3:0 at the end. Absolutely their best game this year and the weakest performance for Ballymena this season. A great loss...