PDA

View Full Version : We deserved to lose

KR's Post
26/10/2004, 11:07 AM
I am so dissapointed the way Pat Devlin sent his team out to play last saturday night in ballyboffey. You could clearly see he was playing for a draw the way he set his team out. Fox and Zayed were invisible up front. Ciaran Ryan played out wide and didnt even get 2 sniffs of the by-line at the Finn harps goal. Gormley although trying his best couldnt cope with the pace of the midfield of Finn Harps, Funston(17) in particular. The defence played ok but for both goals failed to close either strike down which cost us dear... Man of the match i would go for would be Keith Long and fair play to him after a torrid season of criticism. Devo said before the game he wanted to go up as chmpions... I'm sorry Pat,although i respect you alot for what you have done for this club,you got it wrong saturday night and you must admit this.. Going up against the league leaders and a near rival you must be looking to win these games. We will be in the First Division again next season if we play anything like we played on saturday night. We had a massive 3 shots on goal. Just not good enough. And what a dissapointing crowd also from a Bray Wanderers perspective... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Seagull's Nest
26/10/2004, 12:41 PM
It was a very disappointing result.. Although i did hear Finn Harps played very good football. We need to win our last few games to ensure we have promotion next season. Was there amny Bray supporters up there!

Roo69
26/10/2004, 1:07 PM
I could'nt make it myself but from what i hear we fully deserved to loose so no complaints from me. Harps have been in smashing form of late for for us to get anything out of the game we would have needed to play out of our skins, which has'nt happened all season.

The lads need to get this defeat out of their systems and get the ball rolling again with a win Vs. Galway at the weekend. we have 2 games at home and 2 away. On paper we should win them all but i reckon Dundalk will be the toughest fixture. It's up to the team now, they know what needs to be done, if they want to play premier division next season they need to win all the remaining games, simple as that really.

KR's Post
26/10/2004, 1:46 PM
Was there amny Bray supporters up there!
There was 23 on the bus and 6 drove up. Very dissapointing considering it was such a big game. Its a pity because we are such a large town and the surrounding areas shankill etc are closer to Bray Wanderers than any other team... The players looked gutted at the end... :( :(

KK77
27/10/2004, 9:57 AM
I just knew we would get beat once i read Devo in the Bray people last thursday saying we are the best team in the league i mean talk about putting your foot in it. Really surprised to hear him say what he said considering we are not leading the league to come out and say such a thing was plain stupid.

seagulls4ever
30/10/2004, 8:23 AM
i'm sorry, who did i say was one of the biggest factors in bray's endless mediocrity? exactly, pat devlin. he's finished. he was never anything good in the first place and now surely he's proved to even the blindest and most ignorant football fan how he is beyond sh1t. its time for the axe to fall people, surely you must see it too finally.