PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere at the 'Cross

ccfcman
26/10/2004, 10:40 AM
I'm in two minds at the moment is it good, or is it bad?

The little waahs up the back sing that bloody Shels Whoooo ooo oh :rolleyes: and City 'til I Die in the first half :( Whats this madness about, thank christ 451 brought back some colour and noise, n=but it looks like we need a co-ordinated singin' system swung into action for the Bohs and Drogs matches, Bohs match will be HUGE

NorthoftheLee
26/10/2004, 11:04 AM
While the woo oohoo thing is well annoying alright and ctid should never be sung in the 1st half...at least the young fellas were trying. The atmosphere wasnt too bad the other night..again tho, it only really got going in the 2nd half, it seems that some people wont sing unless we are 2-0 at least. Its the usual heads as usual making an effort. People need to learn that you can get behind the team no matter what the score is. Overall tho the atmosphere has definitely improved overall this year with more people definitely lending their voices to the cause. Hopefully the improvement will continue....

paudie
26/10/2004, 11:06 AM
I've been in the Shed a few times this year and I think the atmosphere has been excellent.

The singing has been coordinated and kept going for most of the games.

Definitely better than a couple of years ago especially with the big flags as well.

Well done to all concerned.

daveh
26/10/2004, 11:32 AM
I left the shed cos of those little f*ckers but i went there for the pats match and things are after improving alright,it was ridiculous at one stage when the cnuts practically took over the shed,trying to intimidate everyone,you had a few run-ins with them yourself Barrett,remember?

Pablo
26/10/2004, 2:33 PM
theres no problem with thw shed now theres a good bunch of us keeping the chants coming

NorthoftheLee
26/10/2004, 3:14 PM
theres no problem with thw shed now theres a good bunch of us keeping the chants coming

and going and going.. ;)

thecorner
26/10/2004, 3:19 PM
we did our bit to get the lazy people on the derrynane side standing again :mad:

adamd164
26/10/2004, 5:34 PM
Ya and all we got was the already standing corner boys calling them lazy b@stards.........they're right though, the derrynaners just just looked away and blushed!! :D :rolleyes:

thecorner
26/10/2004, 5:36 PM
trying to get the derrynane side to stand is like trying to get blood out of a stone

how hard is it for them to stand :eek:

A face
26/10/2004, 5:57 PM
"Sit down for the Cork City" should never be used again ... not the way it is now anyway .... 20 mins in and it was used. It should only be at the end of classic football, unstoppable city performances .... not every two minutes, it is going to destroy it. :eek: :mad:

The Longford fans got it going on Sunday, Cup final ... fair play. ;)

adamcarr
26/10/2004, 6:04 PM
"Sit down for the Cork City" should never be used again ... not the way it is now anyway .... 20 mins in and it was used. It should only be at the end of classic football, unstoppable city performances .... not every two minutes, it is going to destroy it. :eek: :mad:

I agree! It ruins it completely and I lost a load of money from it aswell! :mad:

De Town
26/10/2004, 6:08 PM

Yeah, After their (Waherrrrrrfuurrrrr) goal, the Section O'ers got "stand up for the Longford Town" going but all the daytripers started to sit down so they turned it into "sit down for the Longford Town" :D

adamd164
26/10/2004, 7:00 PM
I got a knee jabbed into my spine for around 3 minutes!

NorthoftheLee
27/10/2004, 8:10 AM

Totally agree A face. the sit down bit etc should only be used near the end of great performances etc... else it loses its edge which it has done already.

ccfcman
27/10/2004, 9:13 AM
You had a few run-ins with them yourself Barrett,remember?

No comment :D

I thought they were quiet enough myself, though Flansdowne (:p) is very open the sound travels I guess.

The Derrynane is right on top of the play and all you can hear is the handful of corner boys and the odd squel from the evening echo créche. Those fans should be the most vocal and intimdate the opposition.

Also whenever one of the songs was played into the microphone there was a chorus of groans from the nobodys up the back of the shed :eek:, we may want their money for CCFC but they're wreckin' my head these days!
:ball:

adamcarr
28/10/2004, 4:09 PM
The little waahs up the back sing that bloody Shels Whoooo ooo oh :rolleyes: and City 'til I Die in the first half :(
I got to the Pats game late and I was stuck next to them and although they were annoying, they did create a good atmosphere, except for one fool who kept shouting Dolan is fat!

colblimp
28/10/2004, 4:59 PM
I was in the Shed and during, "Sit down for the Cork City" etc.... a young lad near me got his phone destroyed and I received an elbow to the gonads. Ahem........ Ouch!! :eek:

Pablo
28/10/2004, 5:34 PM
I was in the Shed and during, "Sit down for the Cork City" etc.... a young lad near me got his phone destroyed and I received an elbow to the gonads. Ahem........ Ouch!! :eek:

you cant argoue with the classics! try sitting with a drum on top!