PDA

View Full Version : Malmo

City Hero
25/10/2004, 7:40 PM
Malmo FF won 2-1 away to IFK Goteborg tonight in the penultimate round of games. Halmstad also won tonight and are level with Malmo, but face Goteborg in the final round of games next Saturday. Malmo must beat mid-table Elfsborg in the Malmo Stadion, and wait on the result from Halmstad V Goteborg as Halmstad have a better goal difference by 4 goals over Malmo.

Anyway, good luck to Malmo.

bert
25/10/2004, 7:52 PM
What are the chances we'll see them in the UEFA Cup next season, or if results are extremely nice to both teams, the Champions League ;)

City Hero
25/10/2004, 8:13 PM
Swedish teams didn't enter the Champions League or Uefa Cup until the 2nd qualifying round in both competitions this year, so if we are lucky enough to have a return trip to Malmo, then we will have to qualify from the first round. But then that should be our minimum target anyway.

rince
27/10/2004, 2:01 AM
I was at that Malmö Goteborg match last night. There was almost 40,000 at the game and Malmö were much better. Strange thing is that Halmstad are only challenging because of their striker Marcus Rosenberg - who is on loan at Halmstad from Malmö. Looking forward to Champions League football against Cork here again next year.

Afonso Alves seemingly is leaving, maybe, and going to Ajax for around 5 million Euros

rince
27/10/2004, 8:37 AM
That makes George worth about 7m by my reckoning. That aside Ajax seem very keen to get him and see him as an ideal replacement for Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Fair_play_boy
27/10/2004, 11:31 AM
Thats just for his left-leg....OOOOOOOhhh. That hurt the George haters a bit. :p

SÓC
27/10/2004, 1:39 PM
Malmo brought more than 7,000 fans with them when they played Gotenborg!

Have a look http://www.mff.se/nyheter/nyhet.asp?Id=1326&KomFran=FS

Pablo
27/10/2004, 2:18 PM
fair play to malmo i hope they win the league.

we made some good friends there and there were really nice to us.

come on Malmo!

as for Alves-5 million? funny!

thecorner
30/10/2004, 3:42 PM
malmo have today been crowned league champions

rince
30/10/2004, 5:12 PM
Just got back from the game in Malmö, it was great, 27,500, a full house.
A lot of the fans mark the turnaround to the Cork match where it gave the Malmö team a bit of a rude awakening.

one_bounce
30/10/2004, 5:15 PM
glad we could be of service :D
will do the same thing next year if ye like :D

willie john
30/10/2004, 6:14 PM
:D :D
That makes George worth about 7m by my reckoning. That aside Ajax seem very keen to get him and see him as an ideal replacement for Zlatan Ibrahimovic
GEORGE IS ONLY A BIG HEADED GOBSH.T YER REAL STARS ARE KARNEY AND DOYLER NOW THEY ARE CLASS EVERY TEAM WANT THEM NOT GEORGE

thecorner
30/10/2004, 6:17 PM
GEORGE IS ONLY A BIG HEADED GOBSH.T YER REAL STARS ARE KARNEY AND DOYLER NOW THEY ARE CLASS EVERY TEAM WANT THEM NOT GEORGE

thats right ;)

Pablo
30/10/2004, 6:17 PM
well done malmo very happy for you and your fans-our great friends

Fair_play_boy
30/10/2004, 6:22 PM
GEORGE IS ONLY A BIG HEADED GOBSH.T YER REAL STARS ARE KARNEY AND DOYLER NOW THEY ARE CLASS EVERY TEAM WANT THEM NOT GEORGEI am sure we are all really grateful for clearing that one up for us, Willie John. :)

Pablo
30/10/2004, 6:25 PM
today the whole world is sky blue! malmo will party tonight

just got a text from Sweden ha ha. i think the lads are happy in Malmo :p

Colm
30/10/2004, 8:30 PM
just got a text from Sweden ha ha. i think the lads are happy in Malmo :p

I'd say the Heartbreak is rocking tonight!

Éanna
30/10/2004, 10:35 PM
i'd say malmo ff are really "having a laugh" now :D congrats!

ifk101
31/10/2004, 9:45 AM
I dont know why ye are wishing Malmö well as they have no respect at all for Cork. Before, during and after the Cork matches the usually negative Irish stereotypes were floating around. The local Malmö paper is today calling the results against Cork are the two most embarrassing results Malmö have presented in the last 40 years. This is very harsh considering Malmö were relegated '98/'99. The was also talk before the return leg in Malmö if an "amateur" team should be allowed to play on their "main" pitch.

thecorner
31/10/2004, 10:01 AM
I dont know why ye are wishing Malmö well as they have no respect at all for Cork. Before, during and after the Cork matches the usually negative Irish stereotypes were floating around. The local Malmö paper is today calling the results against Cork are the two most embarrassing results Malmö have presented in the last 40 years. This is very harsh considering Malmö were relegated '98/'99. The was also talk before the return leg in Malmö if an "amateur" team should be allowed to play on their "main" pitch.

we are happy for the fans

we made some good friends over there

aka Dus
31/10/2004, 10:05 AM
Just got back from the game in Malmö, it was great, 27,500, a full house.
A lot of the fans mark the turnaround to the Cork match where it gave the Malmö team a bit of a rude awakening.

Here rince, you live in Malmo?

I spend a lot of time there, me bird works for MFF.

Colm
31/10/2004, 11:56 AM
The was also talk before the return leg in Malmö if an "amateur" team should be allowed to play on their "main" pitch.

Well not only did they leave the team play on the main pitch but they also let some of the fans play there aswell! :)

Éanna
31/10/2004, 1:07 PM
they probably were embarassing for Malmo. so what?! Anyway, as the corner said, we're happy for the fans- they were a very nice bunch.