PDA

View Full Version : Congrats

kevincronin2000
24/10/2004, 5:46 PM
Well done Longford Town.
I knew ye could beet those kn@ckers.

kevincronin2000
24/10/2004, 5:47 PM
Hope ye do better in europe next season tho!

Ruairi
24/10/2004, 5:48 PM
well done the towen!

exile
24/10/2004, 9:01 PM
well done lads congrats well deserved
this starting to look like a longford love in :D

Colm
24/10/2004, 9:17 PM
well done lads congrats well deserved
this starting to look like a longford love in :D

I couldn't give a sh!t about Longford, they are just another small club who are pretty much irrelevant to us apart from the 4 times a year when we play them. However, today I think most City fans are very thankful to them indeed.

I'd say it's more of a Waterford hate in than a Longford love in!! :D

I have a question for some of the Longford fans, did it annoy ye to see 6000-7000 people there today supporting Longford when there was only about 600-700 in Flancare last week for your game against us? Do ye welcome so many daytrippers?
I suppose if you could even convert an extra thousand or two into proper football fans and get them to support Longford on a regualar basis it's worth having them there.
I just thought there was a very weird atmosphere at the game today, it seemed like a cross between a load of bogger ole olers and a load of GAA fans. The Waterford "fans" were as much to blame for this as the Longford "fans" though.

Dodgykeeper
25/10/2004, 1:00 AM
www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421569110/29.jpg

Éanna
25/10/2004, 1:55 AM
congrats longford. well done. glad to see digger get the captaincy too- LEGEND!!!!

Longfordian
25/10/2004, 4:06 AM
Hmm, in my slightly inebriated state I'll try and address these questions somehow..as regards bandwagon supporters it is a bit annoying but they're pretty much a necessary evil..we're not in a position to turn away their cash, we don't have the population of places like Cork or Dublin so anything we receive is welcome, I think our home match attendance against Cork was pathetic but slightly understandable in that so many people had spent loads of money on tickets and merchandise over the week that they felt they had spent enough on Longford Town for a few days..It may be strange to a City club like Cork but we're tapping a small pool all the time..we've sold €60,000 worth of merchandise in 12 months. People contribute in different ways.
Anyhow, Im pretty thrilled about how today turned out but Colm, why do you need to say Longford are irrelevant to you when you're posting in the Longford forum..seems obvious we're not irrelevant enough to ignore! 3 trophies in a row is worth acknowledging..

Ruairi
25/10/2004, 10:38 AM
I have a question for some of the Longford fans, did it annoy ye to see 6000-7000 people there today supporting Longford when there was only about 600-700 in Flancare last week for your game against us? Do ye welcome so many daytrippers?
I suppose if you could even convert an extra thousand or two into proper football fans and get them to support Longford on a regualar basis it's worth having them there.
ah come on now colm, that's a short memory you have there. the exact same thing happened to us in '98 in Dayler. We were only getting about 1,000-1,500 max at the cross allseason,then the cup final cups and bang! we've about 6 or 7,000 singing city till i die. it's always going to happen. and as for longofrd being a "small club" they've won more silverware in the past 4 years then we have in the last decade.

well done longford

De Town
25/10/2004, 10:43 AM
ah come on now colm, that's a short memory you have there. the exact same thing happened to us in '98 in Dayler. We were only getting about 1,000-1,500 max at the cross allseason,then the cup final cups and bang! we've about 6 or 7,000 singing city till i die. it's always going to happen. and as for longofrd being a "small club" they've won more silverware in the past 4 years then we have in the last decade.

well done longford

Thanks for the honesty there Ruairi :)

CuanaD
25/10/2004, 12:38 PM
I wouldnt be calling Longford a small club at the moment - third time in Europe in 4 (or5?) years, 3 cups IN A ROW - not bad - most of the 'BIG' clubs are probably jealous at the moment. Most important this time is that now they qualify for Europe witha belief that they can win games at that level, AND they are the first club to qualify for the Setanta Cup - imagine the cash flow those will generate next year! The 3 teams who compete in the Setanta have the chance to step above the rest of the league for the forseeable future - good luck to you Longford - Ill be traveling from Dublin to support you in the Setanta & Europe :ball:

HarpoJoyce
25/10/2004, 12:42 PM
Well done the Town, also.
Thanks for making the UCD fans welcome in the East Stand.
" Oh No! Section O
Oh No! Section O"

DolansWaistcoat
25/10/2004, 1:11 PM
Well done Longford,back in Europe and lets hope ye do better next year. :ball:

I feel a bit sorry for Waterford though,well the other 9 players besides Ratnolds and Connor anyway who got everything they deserve for just being themselves,maggots. :D

tiktok
25/10/2004, 1:23 PM
Well done Longford.
Better team won yesterday.

De Town
25/10/2004, 1:29 PM
I wouldnt be calling Longford a small club at the moment

I wouldn't either! We are a very big club for semi-pro footballers! Remember, we have no full time players!

imagine the cash flow those will generate next year! The 3 teams who compete in the Setanta have the chance to step above the rest of the league for the forseeable future - good luck to you Longford

It would be great alright, City and Us catching up with Shels and making it a real fight for the League! We have a good enough squad to challenge for the league title but we are not consistent enough over the course off a full season.

Ill be traveling from Dublin to support you in the Setanta & Europe

Thanks for the support!

max power
25/10/2004, 3:47 PM
I couldn't give a sh!t about Longford, they are just another small club who are pretty much irrelevant to us apart from the 4 times a year when we play them. However, today I think most City fans are very thankful to them indeed.

I'd say it's more of a Waterford hate in than a Longford love in!! :D

I just thought there was a very weird atmosphere at the game today, it seemed like a cross between a load of bogger ole olers and a load of GAA fans. The Waterford "fans" were as much to blame for this as the Longford "fans" though.

yo colm go fcuk off to ur own board and moan bout winning fcuk all this season, sick of yee loud mouth $hit talking cork fans......

just go away and let us win trophies in peace, oh btw more european disgrace to come, fools.

and i think i speak for a lot of town fans with the above comments.

Colm
25/10/2004, 7:06 PM
Colm, why do you need to say Longford are irrelevant to you when you're posting in the Longford forum..seems obvious we're not irrelevant enough to ignore! 3 trophies in a row is worth acknowledging..

The day ye pose even the slightest threat to us is the day that ye will become relevant.
I know it sounds nasty but I'm afraid it's true. Fair play on winning the three trophies, it's absolutely magnificent for a small club from a town the size of Longford however league success and European runs are what really matters and are where the big money is.

ah come on now colm, that's a short memory you have there. the exact same thing happened to us in '98 in Dayler. We were only getting about 1,000-1,500 max at the cross allseason,then the cup final cups and bang! we've about 6 or 7,000 singing city till i die.

We finished third on the league that year and had been getting fairly decent crowds throughout the season. We had over 5000 on a good few occasions and always had quite a bit more that 1000.
Also, there was 10000-12000 City fans at the first game and about 8000 at the replay. Most of the bandwagoners dropped off after the first game and well over half of the crowd at the replay were real City fans.

yo colm go fcuk off to ur own board and moan bout winning fcuk all this season, sick of yee loud mouth $hit talking cork fans......

just go away and let us win trophies in peace, oh btw more european disgrace to come, fools.

and i think i speak for a lot of town fans with the above comments.

Take a chill pill Max.
I was delighted ye won the cup and am very thankful that ye brought misery upon the sheepshagging thugs.
Now, enjoy you're victory and try to make a go of Europe next season.

max power
25/10/2004, 7:12 PM
Take a chill pill Max.
I was delighted ye won the cup and am very thankful that ye brought misery upon the sheepshagging thugs.
Now, enjoy you're victory and try to make a go of Europe next season.

no chill pill needed, but face facts, you have won 5 trophies and got a run in a pointless european comp, wake up and let the ego swelling go down.

all the money spent by dolan and all thats in the cork trophy cabinet is dust, i'm just sick off yee running us down for OUR european performances. but they are ours, mind ur own business and go and try and put something in that cabinet beside the dust.

ConfusedBlue
25/10/2004, 7:13 PM
yo colm go fcuk off to ur own board and moan bout winning fcuk all this season, sick of yee loud mouth $hit talking cork fans...... Could'nt agree with you more Max,they're at the same craic all season over on BTID!!!!!
Well done on ye're win yesterday,still feeling robbed after it,1st goal should'nt of stood,don't think ye were better than us draw woz probably a fair outcome.I think the shock of what happened is just setting in now!!!!!

Colm
25/10/2004, 7:16 PM
all the money spent by dolan.

What money is that Max?
I'm not aware of any, do you know something we don't?

max power
25/10/2004, 7:18 PM
Could'nt agree with you more Max,they're at the same craic all season over on BTID!!!!!
Well done on ye're win yesterday,still feeling robbed after it,1st goal should'nt of stood,don't think ye were better than us draw woz probably a fair outcome.I think the shock of what happened is just setting in now!!!!!

it hit me today when i saw the replay of the game, a very emotional experience seeing the second goal go in

yeah i seen the sad sad cork fools talking $hit there too, no life and no trophies, the moto of "certain" city fans......

who are they, a run in the tayto cup, wow i'd say real madrid are $hitting themselves :p

blutil
25/10/2004, 7:44 PM
well done lads, very hard to take at the moment, horrible to lose like that. good luck in setanta and europe.

Éanna
25/10/2004, 8:24 PM
all the money spent by dolan and all thats in the cork trophy cabinet is dust, i'm just sick off yee running us down for OUR european performances.
I certainly wouldn't try and run down longford's achivements, I'm delighted for them. I would love if City had won any one of the 3 trophies that theyhave won in the last year. That said, I think the league is the most important. Longford are a force to be reckoned with in this league,and if every club was as forward looking and sporting as they are we'd have a great league. BTW, Max, WHAT money?!!! I'm sick of people going on about all the money dolan has spent when there's no evidence of it

johno
25/10/2004, 8:33 PM
Just watched the game again on video to see if there was any similarity between what actually happened and what was reported in our national press and the answer is a definite NO.Where do these 'reporters' actually get their facts from does anyone know? between pints in the local by the looks of it.Here's how I saw it,first half was probably shaded by Waterford due to attempts on goal only,Longford played better football but were let down by a poor final ball.Gartland and Dillon rock solid in defence,Prunty his usual reliable self,confident,pacey and reliable in every challenge,the rest working hard but again too many long passes that were being caught offside.Longford fans : BRILLIANT.Second half belonged to Longford and were worthy winners.Quality of passing and defending was excellent and I still was confident of a goal with 10 mins left.Keegans goal was top drawer and he deserved it for his work rate not just in this game but in every other game as well,hoping to see more before end of season.Finally was delighted to see Reynolds get what he deserved,a yellow card and a LOOSERS medal for his negative attitude and tactics.Shame on him for bringing that thuggish display to the Blue Ribband of Irish Soccer.

Well done Longford Town and well done Longford Town Fans.

Flea
25/10/2004, 8:49 PM

You sound like an Everton fan, seriously boi, do you support Everton boi,they think they are as big and/or as good as Liverpool while you think you are as big or as good as Shelbourne. :ball: In fact you're probably a spice girls fan boi, and you're probably listening to "wannabe" now.

On another note, this triumph is testament to the great work of people at the greatest club in Ireland. Thanks to the players for another great year, hope some of yee will hang around for next season, particularly Deano! :)

Éanna
25/10/2004, 10:44 PM
You sound like an Everton fan, seriously boi, do you support Everton boi,they think they are as big and/or as good as Liverpool while you think you are as big or as good as Shelbourne. :ball: In fact you're probably a spice girls fan boi, and you're probably listening to "wannabe" now.
I'll leave colm answer the rest of it himself, but why would you assume that anyone is a fan of any team in England? I can safely say that I (and a number of other posters here) couldn't give two ****s about british football, so I'm a bit puzzled as to what everton or liverpool have to do with any of this.

ThaddyQuill
25/10/2004, 11:25 PM
Well done Longford. It was a good match to watch, especially the second half. Waterford had only one shot in that period and scored, i thought ye dominated and played decent football after conceding the goal. It was comical to watch the replays of yere first goal and to see the Waterford player in the background kicking the other ball into the stand at the exact same time as ye scored, he didnt even get to see the brilliant strike! :D

Colm
25/10/2004, 11:32 PM
You sound like an Everton fan, seriously boi, do you support Everton boi,they think they are as big and/or as good as Liverpool while you think you are as big or as good as Shelbourne. :ball: In fact you're probably a spice girls fan boi, and you're probably listening to "wannabe" now

Firstly, I won't even dignify the Everton-Liverpool analogy with a response!

I think nearly everyone on foot.ie will agree that City are a far bigger club than Shels. The question of who the better team is will be answered on Friday night. ;)

As for the Spice Girls, I loved them! I used to have it really bad for Geri Halliwell about 7 or 8 years ago! I can still see her in that little Union Jack dress at the Brit awards in 97.... mmmmmmmmm!! :)

Anyway back on topic, congrats to Longford!! :D

thecorner
25/10/2004, 11:34 PM
As for the Spice Girls, I loved them! I used to have it really bad for Geri Halliwell about 7 or 8 years ago! I can still see her in that little Union Jack dress at the Brit awards in 97.... mmmmmmmmm!! :)

my fav was baby spice

ohhhhh..those pig tails :eek:

Colm
25/10/2004, 11:37 PM
my fav was baby spice

ohhhhh..those pig tails :eek:

Yeah I hear ya! She had the school girl appeal alright! :D
She wasn't a patch on my lovely Geri though! ;)

max power
26/10/2004, 2:01 AM
What money is that Max?
I'm not aware of any, do you know something we don't?

good that you picked up on that colm, ya see i know nothing about the money in cork so my point is ignorant....

just as people who weren't at our european game calling the result a disgrace when they didn't even see who we played are ignorant

see even my $hit talking has a double meaning some times, éanna i'm sick of people with no evidence i.e. ticket stub going on about us in europe this season. so now you know how it feels.

oh thanks for all the congrats, even if it is only cause it was waahhhherford we beat ;)

baboon ar*e
26/10/2004, 6:18 AM
reagarding colms post about there being 6-7000 longford supporters there, anything offical on the attendance per club, only seen the highlights here in sasna on skysports, (gutted i wasnt there)...and it did not show much crowd shots, i was at the final last year, and it seemed like there was a much bigger attendance then, but that may have something to do with the bottlle of whisky i had half drank before it was confiscated by a steward, (i thought they would be a bit more liberal minded about that sort of behaviour back home) :p

observer
26/10/2004, 8:49 AM
Colm nothing you can say can penetrate the haze of contentment, happiness good humour that has enveloped the Longford forum. We have sang and drank for 2 days and are immune to the ravings of a half wit. By the way if you estimate 7,000 Longford supporters (which I agree with) that means there were only 2,600 Waterford supporters at the match. Why dont you
p-ss off to their forum and ask some questions. I am sure they will be vulnerable enough this morning to take notice of your ravings.
To all other Cork supporters thank you for your kind remarks, much appreciated whatever the motivation. :D :D

NorthoftheLee
26/10/2004, 9:07 AM
Congrats to Longford on another FAI cup win. Great for your club and the for LOI in general. Your club is now setting the standards that all smaller clubs should be aiming towards. You have proved that great strides can be made and that can only be good for the league in general. Also the fact that you beat the BLAAHS, can't but help my happiness for you.

great support from all those that travelled too.

Éanna
26/10/2004, 9:32 AM
see even my $hit talking has a double meaning some times, éanna i'm sick of people with no evidence i.e. ticket stub going on about us in europe this season. so now you know how it feels.
I know that vaduz weren't a bad team, the result looked worse than it was. The fact that the result was "embarassing" for the league was more down to the ignorance of people in this country than a lack of quality on vaduz's part. still, I think every club in this league who plays in europe should be looking to get thru at least one round

Longfordian
26/10/2004, 6:26 PM
All credit to Eanna at the end the day like :) ..one of the more reasoned posters on the European issue...as regards the attendance issue, we had 5,000 maybe at most 5,500, at an attenmdance of 9,600 take away possibly 1,000 neutrals and you're left with a poor Waterford crowd..Even Des Cahill commented on it on Sportscall..Considering they have twice our population it's poor.

SÓC
26/10/2004, 8:18 PM
In fairness the Portugal result puts Longford's result in a new light for those who didnt see the games.

Fair play to Longford, delighted the thugs didnt win it

A face
26/10/2004, 8:35 PM
Fair play lads ... great win and a just reward for the effort put in by your club since you came up from the first. If every club was half as progressive as yourselves the league would be alot better.

The MODs on this forum are fairly inactive.