PDA

View Full Version : Fai Cup

kevincronin2000
24/10/2004, 6:43 PM
LOngford Town 2 Waterford United 1

FAI cup your having a laugh.................

one_bounce
24/10/2004, 7:07 PM
aaaaaahahahahahaha
delighted..teach that pr!ck reynolds a thing or two... well rat, ya finally got to the final ...but ya lost..aaaaahahahahaha.. could have come to europe with city but opts for being beaten by longford in the cup
dan connors... my heart bleeds for that knacker too

THERES ONLY ONE TEAM IN MUNSTER :D

CollegeTillIDie
24/10/2004, 8:04 PM
Jeez lads ye rebels from the People's Republic take losing a few League points kinda personally don't ye?

After all ye did not exactly cover yerselves in glory in this season's competition. I seem to recall the first round results as something like
Students 1 Langhers 0 !

And by the way there are 4 teams in Munster. And we played one of them on Friday night.

Genuinely disappointed for the Blues. :( They have not won that many F.A.I. Cups so I cannot understand the undue glee at their misfortune today.
It's that sort of attitude that at times holds this League back... but that is something for another thread.

Colm
24/10/2004, 9:33 PM
I am thankful for Waterford's misery today.

Anything that upsets Ratnolds, Connor and those muppet bogger fans has got to be good in my book!

RedX
24/10/2004, 9:49 PM
CollegeTilliDie...so what you are saying is that RIVALRY among clubs is holding back this league?..go away and STUDY about football if thats what you are thinking..this is rivalry between two big Munster clubs..what do you expect City fans to say?..there is rivalry between our counties in all sports... :confused:

We are delighted Waterford(Dan Connor and Ratnolds)lost.. :D :D

exile
24/10/2004, 10:11 PM
rivalry is good and healthy for soccer while i prefered that longford won
i feel for a bit sorry for the genuine non sheep shagging waterford fan of which there is pitiful few . but im delighted that ratman renyolds was beaten :D

thecorner
24/10/2004, 11:31 PM
I seem to recall the first round results as something like
Students 1 Langhers 0 !

we dont play in the first round.

welll done longford

PARTIZAN: DRY YOU'RE EYES MATE ;)

after all u dont wanna see ur beloved waaaaaaaherfur disgracing the league in europe :D

De Town
25/10/2004, 11:24 AM
C'MON DE TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously You want to win a Cup Final, but with Reynolds the little cnut playing for those crowd of hackers, it was extra sweet!!!

DolansWaistcoat
25/10/2004, 1:02 PM
Delighted for Alan and Dan,the two most hated players in the ppls rep of Cork! :D :cool:

CollegeTillIDie
25/10/2004, 6:46 PM
Red X

Rivalry is one thing but the actual spleen being vented by some Cork City Supporters is puzzling. Another strong club in Munster, and I mean off the field here, would surely be a good thing for football in general and I would argue for City in particular.

As regards studying football, when I started attending League of Ireland matches there were three very strong teams in Munster. Waterford , Cork Hibs and Cork Celtic. Now realistically there is only one you lot.
A Cup win for the Blues could have seen you have two clubs in Munster worth the title of possible contenders for glory.
With Limerick in disarray off the field and with Cobh also in the doldrums ye must look at the province and say that the situation is not good for senior soccer in the region.

Thanks to monumental financial mismanagement the two Cork Clubs of the 1970's disappeared within a period of three short years.

And for two years between 1982 and 1984 there were No Cork Clubs in the League at all until City started up in mid 1984. City nearly disappeared themselves in the mid 1990's. You should by all means enjoy your on the field triumphs as much as possible. But the problem you lot have to face is if Waterford were to go down again soon you would be back to where you were a few short years ago, when your nearest away game was in Bray or St.Pat's.

Éanna
25/10/2004, 6:52 PM
waterford won't go down. they have established themselvesas a midtable premier division team. thats good for football in munster, but why should we want our neighbours to win trophies? Do you like seeing shels win the league?

As for why I wanted longford to win?
1. Its a nice place, their fans are a sound lot and I went to the final with them last year and had a great laugh.
2. Digger- what a legend!
3. Reynolds and Connor- they are two of the most malicious thugs to have a ever kicked a ball in this league and I'd like to see them lose whoever they play for.
4. Fans. Waterford went on and aon about their big support for the final and they were embarassed by a club from a much smaller town.

Being honest, I'd have supported longford against anyone bar ourselves, the fact that they beat the (ex-)glassblowers was just an added bonus IMO

CollegeTillIDie
25/10/2004, 7:06 PM
Eanna

I don't mind seeing any team win the League that performs well in Europe.
Roddy Collins' Bohs team for example and yes Pat Fenlon's Shels team.
Even your League winning side from 1993 come to think on it.
Longford lost to a team from the Swiss Second Division ( which is where FC Vaduz plies it's trade). Now I know they are bankrolled by a Bank.
But Liechtenstein has a population smaller than some Irish counties !

I have on many occasions supported our League teams playing in Europe.
I have supported U.C.D., St.Patrick's Athletic, Shamrock Rovers, Bohemians, Dundalk and indeed Cork City when they were playing in Europe and would do so again when the opportunity presents itself. Because whoever plays in Europe next season.... Longford and three others, will be flying the flag for all of us, like Shelbourne did this year.

max power
25/10/2004, 7:49 PM
Eanna

I don't mind seeing any team win the League that performs well in Europe.
Roddy Collins' Bohs team for example and yes Pat Fenlon's Shels team.
Even your League winning side from 1993 come to think on it.
Longford lost to a team from the Swiss Second Division ( which is where FC Vaduz plies it's trade). Now I know they are bankrolled by a Bank.
But Liechtenstein has a population smaller than some Irish counties !

I have supported U.C.D., St.Patrick's Athletic, Shamrock Rovers, Bohemians, Dundalk and indeed Cork City when they were playing in Europe and would do so again when the opportunity presents itself. Because whoever plays in Europe next season.... Longford and three others, will be flying the flag for all of us, like Shelbourne did this year.

we are flying the flag for LONGFORD, not ireland, learn that. after all the $hit talked about our "disgrace" this year yee can all pi$$ off .

LTFC is what its about not yee lot.

Éanna
25/10/2004, 9:30 PM
as have I. I've travelled to dublin to support bohs in europe, and would always support any irish team in europe. but that has nothing to do with the point I'm making.

Partizan
26/10/2004, 1:18 PM
Edna ****ie,

I have taken note of your stupid pathetic little digs at us.

What a sad, sad, little pathetic little amoeba that you are.

trevy
26/10/2004, 2:31 PM
College Till I Die Theres no point talking to the juvenile Cork fans :mad: who take glee in another clubs misfortune.You should go on to btid.net and the forum there to see the invasion of hate filled Cork fans since Sundays unfortunate defeat.They spend half their time on our forum winding us up and seem to be obcessed with us.I don't see any Longford fans on there annoying us as they are more mature and Cork City fans could learn from them and also Derry fans who are probably the fairest in the league.

max power
26/10/2004, 2:32 PM
College Till I Die Theres no point talking to the juvenile Cork fans :mad: who take glee in another clubs misfortune.You should go on to btid.net and the forum there to see the invasion of hate filled Cork fans since Sundays unfortunate defeat.They spend half their time on our forum winding us up and seem to be obcessed with us.I don't see any Longford fans on there annoying us as they are more mature and Cork City fans could learn from them and also Derry fans who are probably the fairest in the league.

i personally have no dislike of waterford, just their manager.

De Town
26/10/2004, 3:19 PM
i personally have no dislike of waterford, just their manager.

You're not the only 1 therer max! But I think you speak for the whole of the country there........... bar maybe Cork fans!

patsh
26/10/2004, 3:30 PM
Edna ****ie,

I have taken note of your stupid pathetic little digs at us.

What a sad, sad, little pathetic little amoeba that you are.Yet another example of insightful debate from this "fan".....:rolleyes:

Waterford had justifiable grounds for complaint about Longford's first goal, but their own negative tactics were their undoing. I feel sorry for some of the Waterford players, who are decent lads, and good players, especially Alan Carey, Daryl Murphy, Purcell, Quintongo and a few others.
However, the manager of the team, and to a lesser extent the goalkeeper, has sickened fans from all clubs around the country with his hatchet tactics, negative attitude and his thug behaviour. As long as this creep is in charge of Waterford, the decent fans that they have can expect hostility from all clubs.

ccfcman
26/10/2004, 6:23 PM
Waterford deserved to win but I genuinely am delighted Longford won.

CollegeTillIDie
26/10/2004, 11:49 PM
trevy

Thanks for the information on the other sites. I suppose what I am trying to get down to is this.

Us eircom league fans are sadly in a minority in this country.
Our League is compared to the big one cross channel and the **** one north of their border too in the land of the bagpipe and kilt.
We get **** coverage in our so called national printed media, if you were a First Division fan you would know where I am coming from on that point.

Relatively **** coverage on TV and barely adequate coverage on National radio( RTE I mean... Today FM might as well be a British Station when it comes to domestic football coverage; I am being unfair BBC Radio Foyle gives Derry a fair crack of the whip )

With the result that gob****es walk around the streets of Dublin, Cork , Limerick and Waterford bedecked in the shirts of foreign teams. Dragging their knuckles on the ground to watch football on TV. Some of these have never crossed the gate of an el club ever. Yet they feel qualified to tell us our league is ****, while some of their local clubs wither away from a lack of support. It is for this reason that I despaired at the glee expressed at Waterford's defeat.

Senior Football in Munster is in a far worse state than it was in back in the 1972/73 season when I attended my first game in Tolka Park.
That year Waterford won the League for the 6th time in 8 seasons.
Cork Hibernians won the Cup, the following year Cork Celtic won the League.
There were three strong teams with Limerick waiting in the wings as a dark horse waiting to pounce.

Now you have Cork City 2nd in the League........... Waterford United coping with a financial crisis which is not the making of the present regime and both Cobh ( own ground and clubhouse) and Limerick ( no ground, dwindling support) are in disarray. This is supposed to be the 21st Century when we finally get our act together with professional clubs.

And here we have one set of Munster fans gutting another when if a bit of thought was put to it, a Waterford win might have set them on the road to financial stability and given Cork City a strong rival which is what any successful team requires to keep them on their toes.

Yes I wanted Waterford United to win. I don't begrudge Longford their success but the need was greater down south for that particular piece of silverware.

ConfusedBlue
27/10/2004, 10:28 PM
However, the manager of the team, and to a lesser extent the goalkeeper, has sickened fans from all clubs around the country with his hatchet tactics, negative attitude and his thug behaviour.

All you seem to be so full of your own importance!!The EL revolves around more than just your club.3 clubs have a dislike of Rennie (CCFC,LTFC and Rovers) for obvious reasons but when he was with all of ye he was a hero,admit it!!!!As for Dan name 1 other club in the league who have had a problem with him??????????

Éanna
27/10/2004, 11:26 PM
All you seem to be so full of your own importance!!The EL revolves around more than just your club.3 clubs have a dislike of Rennie (CCFC,LTFC and Rovers) for obvious reasons but when he was with all of ye he was a hero,admit it!!!!As for Dan name 1 other club in the league who have had a problem with him??????????
at least you accept we have an obvious reason for disliking him :D

as for Dan, maybe he hasn't attempted to assault fans at any other ground in the country!

NY Hoop
28/10/2004, 5:24 PM

I dont have a problem with him. Thought he did a good job for us. No problem with your keeper either.

Anyway more important things. How's the pitch down there? Will there be a pitch inspection in the morning? Appreciate any info tomorrow as we're driving down and dont want a repeat of the cork situation a few years back :mad:

Thanks

KOH

blutil
28/10/2004, 11:27 PM
lookin at the weather again tonight i cant see it being on. if you hear nothing maybe ring the club on 051-853222

CollegeTillIDie
30/10/2004, 3:47 PM
Max Power wrote:
we are flying the flag for LONGFORD, not ireland, learn that. after all the $hit talked about our "disgrace" this year yee can all pi$$ off .

LTFC is what its about not yee lot.

Max

You don't get this whole International Club Competition; national co-efficient thing at all do you?