PDA

View Full Version : Cork City v Derry City

Neil
28/12/2001, 5:51 PM
I can see us losing heavily on Sunday. It looks like Mulligan is finished, so we'll be trying to break down the very dogged Derry defence with the awful Noel Hartigan and the very inexperienced CP O'Brien.

Another loss on Sunday and surely Liam Murphy's position has to be questioned. He is systematically breaking up a good squad of players, getting rid of some of the more committed and hard-working, leaving the likes of Hartigan untouched. He ignores Steve O'Flynn because of a personal grudge, and on the odd occasion he plays Player of Last Season, Napier, he plays him out of position at left back.

I was amazed to hear recently that Liam Murphy has, in fact, never seen latest signing, Michael Mulconroy play. He was bought on the knowledge that Mulconroy played in the University Games last summer. Nice one Murphy!

In one way, I hope we don't win on Sunday and we don't win again this season, because then there will have to be big changes at our club this summer, starting with the cowboys on the Board (they are the fools who hire the likes of Murphy). ****s.

Best of luck Sunday lads!

Citygirl
28/12/2001, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Neil

I was amazed to hear recently that Liam Murphy has, in fact, never seen latest signing, Michael Mulconroy play. He was bought on the knowledge that Mulconroy played in the University Games last summer. Nice one Murphy!

Ok.......this i dont understand...didnt he get rid of tynan because tynan felt he should be playing after coming home from the university games thing and gunther didnt agree?????? yet he goes off and signs another player without seeing him play........this makes absolutely no sense to me :)

ccfcfan
28/12/2001, 11:02 PM
i reckon this is all a load of bull**** someone made up looking for something to do with his/her spare time over christmas

Éanna
28/12/2001, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Neil

I would have been surprised to hear that if anyone other than murphy was manager!
OUT

Gary
29/12/2001, 2:29 PM
Originally posted by scottyshedender

Bring back Billy Woods and Gerry McCabe....Sign Vinny Arkins , Shane Robinson and Wes Charles and we might have a team of quality.......

Stick Jean Luc Picard as Captain and have Spock flying up the wing

Cork City behind the scenes..." A JOKE"

NOT A BAD IDEA.

Gary
29/12/2001, 7:44 PM
I fear for us tomorrow and for the rest of the season. Our next 3 games are Derry, Longford and Bohs. All these games are very loseable and by the way we are playing we will lose all three of them. On the other hand, it always seems to happen, that just when you think City are going to be thumped they pull a great (flukey?) result out of no where. What will tomorrow produce? The omens are bad
1) RTE cameras
2) Derry have a good record over us at the cross.
3) We are playing rubbish.

Hopefully there will be a big crowd anyway.

OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Éanna
29/12/2001, 8:38 PM
omens are bad, but with flags, flares and smoke bombs lets hope we can cheer the lads to victory!

joe
29/12/2001, 11:34 PM
passed by the cross tonight and the 3 rté trucks are in place along with one of the chippers :)

Éanna
30/12/2001, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by joe
passed by the cross tonight and the 3 rté trucks are in place along with one of the chippers :)
so thats 4 vans doling out ****e outside de cross then :rolleyes: