PDA

View Full Version : You're not fit to wear the shirt

1 9 2 8
23/10/2004, 3:27 PM
With Sean Connor hoping to bring in 16 new players next season and after the 1-0 defeat to Monaghan last night who do ye think is worth keeping in our current squad.

DonalE
24/10/2004, 11:25 AM
Ken O'Malley, Barry Dwyer, Jim Sheridan, McNamara, Steve Feeney, Raff, Heffernan, Foley, O'Donnell, J McCartney. Maybe missing a few.
Have to lose Rouse, Carr, Gorman

martyc
24/10/2004, 12:59 PM
I am not from Sligo but i have a soft spot for them, i have a few mates who live there.

Are Sligo's problems not more than the players on the pitch?

The last few mangers have been a waste of time and have sent Sligo backwards a few years, should the Sligo committe/board not be asked serious questions about where the club is going and about the mistakes they have made in the past, not to mention the mistakes they are currently making?

This is only my opinion but Sean Connor will not be the soluation to Sligo's short or long term problems.

gustavo
24/10/2004, 6:35 PM
im gonna be extra critical and say that the only players worth keeping if we want to be promoted are paul mcternan raf cretaro ramuel miller steven o donnell and colin heffernan .

DonalE
25/10/2004, 4:49 PM
Paul McTiernan? he needs 5 chances a game and then maybe will score one

inexile
25/10/2004, 4:52 PM
lads played junior with heffo and he seems to have won ye over is he doing that well for ye?

1 9 2 8
25/10/2004, 5:51 PM
The last few mangers have been a waste of time and have sent Sligo backwards a few years, should the Sligo committe/board not be asked serious questions about where the club is going and about the mistakes they have made in the past, not to mention the mistakes they are currently making?
Your right about our board Marty. We're not been run in a productive way on the pitch and serious questions should be asked of them :mad:

Paul McTiernan? he needs 5 chances a game and then maybe will score one
Paul McTiernan is off forum this season I think only 7 goals which is a very poor tally from our main striker

lads played junior with heffo and he seems to have won ye over is he doing that well for ye?
Ya he's class :)

MervilleUnited
25/10/2004, 6:02 PM
Rovers Problems stem from simple human nature! How can any organisation operate with 20 committie members? And various sub-committies with a finger in the pie? I am sure that all are well-meaning, and all have the interests of Rovers at heart, but really? Its time to give control to a small group, and have a chief exec to get the job done. Let him stand for election every season. Sean Connor can do the biz... if he does not have to deal with a committie the size of the old soviet politbouro!! :ball:

1 9 2 8
25/10/2004, 6:08 PM
The committee is to big, I'd be in favour of a chief executive

showgies
26/10/2004, 9:47 AM
I think Rovers maybe thinking about this option........

On the players front I would keep the following..............

McNamara, O'Dwyer, O'Donnell' Cretaro, Heffo, Feeney, Foley, Miller, McT, Williams, Carty, McCartney, ..................that's about it....

sligoman
26/10/2004, 12:23 PM
who do ye think is worth keeping in our current squad.

O'Donnell,Heffernan,Cretaro,McTiernan(just about),Flynn,Rouse,O'Malley,Sheridan,Feeney,Miller & O'Dywer.

Certainly get rid of Jack,Foley,Carty and Christopher Kelly(all of them are a waste of space)

akearins
26/10/2004, 3:03 PM
Said when Connors took over we need at leat 10 players to get promoted not only that what we need ideally for the year in the first division is a premier division standard side palying in divisoion one.look at Dublin City comiong straight down again and they have huge resources...

So in saying that whenw e talk of players to keep you need to look at our squad and ask yourself how many of these would make a premier division side and from what I see I'd say only Ralph and Miller at the moment. McNamara if he is with the side for a full year and properly coached and thats it.

Chris kelly and Jason McCarthney are one for the future but need to be built up to withstand teh physical side of things....

And I Know some will disagree but why then is connors looking for 16 players which is a new squad add another 8 and you have a 22 man squad but tahts all any player from Dons reign will be isa squad members