PDA

View Full Version : Licenses 2014

Jofspring
13/02/2014, 2:41 PM
Waterford United have announced they have received a Premier Division License for the 2014 season.

Hadn't even realised they had started being given out yet.

I would imagine there won't be any problems for teams getting licenses this year.

Edit: Derry City and Limerick FC also.

atfconline
13/02/2014, 3:04 PM
Thursday, February 13, 2014

Club Licensing Committee awards Licences for 2014 Season

Following a meeting of the Independent Club Licensing Committee of the Football Association of Ireland, 14 Premier Division licences, four First Division licences and two conditional First Division licences were awarded for the 2014 SSE Airtricity League season.

Cobh Ramblers FC and Wexford Youths FC were awarded a conditional First Division Licence pending the satisfactory receipt of further information.

Clubs have five working days from the date of the decision notice to lodge an appeal.

The following 2014 licences were awarded by the Independent Club Licensing Committee:

Premier Licence
Athlone Town FC, Bohemian FC, Bray Wanderers FC, Cork City FC, Derry City FC, Drogheda United FC, Dundalk FC, Limerick FC, Longford Town FC, Shamrock Rovers FC, Shelbourne FC, Sligo Rovers FC, St Patrick's Athletic FC, UCD AFC.

First Division Licence
Finn Harps FC, Galway FC, Shamrock Rovers (First Division Team), Waterford United FC.

Conditional First Division Licence
Cobh Ramblers FC, Wexford Youths FC.

ENDS

NeverFeltBetter
13/02/2014, 3:14 PM
What's the story with Waterford exactly?

Jofspring
13/02/2014, 3:21 PM

They announced anyway that they have received a premier license.

Mr A
13/02/2014, 4:04 PM
Hopefully Cobh and Wexford get their issues resolved. Couldn't face playing Shamrock Rovers C and D as well as their B team.

Longfordian
13/02/2014, 4:23 PM
Yawn. Can't someone threaten to go to court about something and/or take a can of petrol over to Abbotstown? It's all quite dull these days.

gufc2000
13/02/2014, 4:28 PM
Hopefully Cobh and Wexford get their issues resolved. Couldn't face playing Shamrock Rovers C and D as well as their B team.
Could always get two more Galway teams if they're stuck, not enough Galway clubs in there atm

NeverFeltBetter
13/02/2014, 5:41 PM
I would assume it is financial reasons that (possibly) Waterford, Cobh and Wexford are having quandaries with this? I know Cobh are on a shoe-string, I know Waterford had that saga over payments last year, I know Youths had issues with funding. Is it just down to that kind of stuff? Do they have sponsors for the coming season?

atfconline
13/02/2014, 5:45 PM
AMENDED FAI PRESS RELEASE

FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION OF IRELAND

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Following a meeting of the Independent Club Licensing Committee of the Football Association of Ireland, 15 Premier Division licences, three First Division licences and two conditional First Division licences were awarded for the 2014 SSE Airtricity League season.

Cobh Ramblers FC and Wexford Youths FC were awarded a conditional First Division Licence pending the satisfactory receipt of further information.

Clubs have five working days from the date of the decision notice to lodge an appeal.

The following 2014 licences were awarded by the Independent Club Licensing Committee:

Premier Licence
Athlone Town FC, Bohemian FC, Bray Wanderers FC, Cork City FC, Derry City FC, Drogheda United FC, Dundalk FC, Limerick FC, Longford Town FC, Shamrock Rovers FC, Shelbourne FC, Sligo Rovers FC, St Patrick's Athletic FC, UCD AFC, Waterford United FC.

First Division Licence
Finn Harps FC, Galway FC, Shamrock Rovers (First Division Team).

ENDS

A N Mouse
13/02/2014, 6:45 PM
amended fai press release

football association of ireland

thursday, february 13, 2014

club licensing committee awards licences for 2014 season

following a meeting of the independent club licensing committee of the football association of ireland, 15 premier division licences, three first division licences and two conditional first division licences were awarded for the 2014 sse airtricity league season.

Cobh ramblers fc and wexford youths fc were awarded a conditional first division licence pending the satisfactory receipt of further information.

The following 2014 licences were awarded by the independent club licensing committee:

Premier licence
athlone town fc, bohemian fc, bray wanderers fc, cork city fc, derry city fc, drogheda united fc, dundalk fc, limerick fc, longford town fc, shamrock rovers fc, shelbourne fc, sligo rovers fc, st patrick's athletic fc, ucd afc, waterford united fc.

First division licence
finn harps fc, galway fc, shamrock rovers (first division team).

Conditional first division licence
cobh ramblers fc, wexford youths fc.

Ends

fudge!

NeverFeltBetter
13/02/2014, 7:31 PM
What a bizarre mistake.

Longfordian
13/02/2014, 7:33 PM
What a bizarre mistake.

I know. How could they have listed Shamrock Rovers twice, the clowns.

ger121
13/02/2014, 8:30 PM
Why wouldn't Rovers B get a Premier Licence? I know they can't go up but it's the same club. Just seems odd to me

gotaroundbetter
13/02/2014, 9:20 PM

Letter confirming Premier Licence, then an email stating a First division one due to a query on a pro-licence. Sorted as said pro-licence was in place. Not sure should the second press release have contained some explanation rather than just reissuing the first one with the correctly amended list of Premier Licences.

adamd164
13/02/2014, 10:12 PM
Why wouldn't Rovers B get a Premier Licence? I know they can't go up but it's the same club. Just seems odd to me

Maybe they only applied for a First Division license.

BonnieShels
14/02/2014, 3:25 AM

Maybe they only applied for a First Division license.

With Ger on this; they're the same "club" as Shamrock Rovers "A". They're just a different "team". Why would they have applied for an FD licence or a second licence at all. Seems odd.

prince20
14/02/2014, 8:22 AM
With Ger on this; they're the same "club" as Shamrock Rovers "A". They're just a different "team". Why would they have applied for an FD licence or a second licence at all. Seems odd.

Probably because the manager of the First Division Team, Colin Hawkins, does not have a pro licence ?

nr637
14/02/2014, 8:49 AM

Following a meeting of the Independent Club Licensing Committee of the Football Association of Ireland, 15 Premier Division licences, three First Division licences and two conditional First Division licences were awarded for the 2014 SSE Airtricity League season.

Well whats the reasons now with Ramblers ?
Does anyone know why they did'nt get a licence first time round?
Is there still problems with their payment arrangements with previous sponsors?

Anybody know whats going on please!

adamd164
14/02/2014, 11:04 AM
Well whats the reasons now with Ramblers ?
Does anyone know why they did'nt get a licence first time round?
Is there still problems with their payment arrangements with previous sponsors?

Anybody know whats going on please!
Ramblers will be fine, the FAI need them to bulk up the first division. Whatever debts are there will be sorted with a helping of fudge.

Fivesilver
14/02/2014, 4:03 PM
Waterford should just turn up to play Premier games, with the licence in the window of the bus, and see if anyone notices. If they get there early enough and don't let on they might be able to bag the away dressing room.