PDA

View Full Version : McNasara

McNasara
04/02/2014, 10:27 PM
Since this is not clear to many members, let me explain to you threads that I started. First I would like to say that I follow your Premier league for several years, mostly from the perspective of punters. Another serious punter, a guy from Dublin recommended me this board as the best place to gain a better knowledge of domestic football in Ireland.

However, I noticed that most of the PD subforums are not updated a long time ago (some of them have had only two or three new threads in the last year), so I thought I could bring some innovation there.

Players out (overview and basic data of players who left the team after last season and who will leave during the next season).
Club info (general club information, performance in the last three seasons, manager profile, the results of pre-season matches, updates and news on these entries during the season).
GK, DF, MF, FW (overview of available players by position, some info and news about them during the season).

I assume that you don't like the fact that each player has a separate post, I don't like it too, but you should know that I have no option of merging and editing posts so far. Anyway, I'll try to fix it before the season starts. Also I should to write at least one sentence about each player of all clubs (except the goalkeepers with whom I completed).

What do you think about all that, don't believe it could hurt the Foot.ie!?

Mr A
04/02/2014, 11:02 PM
Most clubs have their own fora separately from foot.ie where their fans post, hence the sub fora here are not that busy. I can only think of Limerick, Wexford, Longford and to some extent Cobh that do most of their club posting here (and maybe that's just because I don't know about their other boards). On the fora where the fans are active they'll probably get annoyed if you post a lot of threads. On the others, chances are no one will really care. And very few are likely to look at them to be honest.

If you ever end up doing the Harps forum, I'd prefer if you kept the squad stuff to just one thread.

SkStu
04/02/2014, 11:27 PM
To be honest, I think it's valuable to have this type of information in all the fora, as a historical reference if nothing else.

It certainly doesn't bother me but I like the idea of keeping the number of separate threads to a minimum.

Briuk
06/02/2014, 2:26 PM
Hi mate, I think it's a good idea and thanks for the effort.

McNasara
03/04/2014, 7:37 AM
I've finished what I had in mind, and I have to thank @dahamsta for the great help. I hope that stuff would be useful for someone.

Cheers