PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Butler

drummerboy
22/10/2004, 10:26 AM
http://www.sportcentral.ie/soccercentral/viewstory.asp?id=14128&mainheading=Republic+of+Ireland&viewstory=yes

Read this with amazement, what happened here. I wonder did he put his resignation in writing. What part did Big Mick play in it. Its a pity the guy had lots of potential.

Bowsy
22/10/2004, 12:35 PM
unbelieveable. No one but Butler knows what's going on in his own head but to no longer want to lead possibly the best lifestyle in the world beggars belief. Smacks of someone who needs to exist in the real world and discover how cushy he's got it. Disappointing as he really impressed me at u21 level and what i briefly saw of him in the early stages of Sunderland's last Premiership campaign.

thejollyrodger
22/10/2004, 12:39 PM
weird story. Sounds like he has mental problems :confused:

drummerboy
22/10/2004, 12:45 PM
He is now playing in the SPL with Dunfirmline. I know where I'd rather be playing

Bowsy
22/10/2004, 12:56 PM
He is now playing in the SPL with Dunfirmline. I know where I'd rather be playing

Dunfermline look like turning into the Scottish Sunderland with their Irish contingent. How many is that now? 5?

drummerboy
22/10/2004, 1:24 PM
Six players there. Some agent must be making a fortune fixing them all up there.

the ox
22/10/2004, 1:28 PM
It's weird cos he denies doing anything wrong.

http://www.ireland-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=184058

zinedineontour
22/10/2004, 2:07 PM
Tommys a good lad. Pity the way this happened. Hes given me one of his sunderland jerseys in the past and any time i talked to him he seemed genuinely happy up there. Its left a sour taste in a lot of the sunderland fans mouths the way he criticised the fans no need for that . We were always good to the fella. Really ****es me off how people with such talent take things for granted and waste it .

redster
22/10/2004, 2:11 PM
Im a journalism student in sunderland and Tommy used to be in the student union nightclub every friday night last year when he was supposed to be injured, he seems nice enough but as a pro hes a poor example, micheal reddy too they were always at it in the uni nightclub because if they went to the local places they'd get killed.

have to agree though I hate to see talent wasted.

Feck off
22/10/2004, 2:22 PM
I defence of Thomas the story issued by Sunderland has only come out now because the tribunal hearing is in the next couple of weeks and they want to make themselves look good. Mick McCarthy had no part in Thomas leaving the club and the statement wre they said ''He had no interest in playing professional football'' is strange considering the guy is play for Dunfermline at the moment and i know for a fact he has worked his socks off to get fit during the summer.

I don't know about anybody else but if you had no interest in football you would not train everyday and go on trails with clubs if you didn't want to play. Thomas as some will know suffered a lot last year with injuries and as he said in his statement was in Ireland for treatment which Sunderland said was ok when he returned Sunderland had said he had no permission to be in Ireland and that he shouldn't have been there!!! but they had never expressed a problem to either his agent or himself in this time.

So take it from me Thomas is enjoying the fact he is back playing and wants to get his career going again and hopefully back in contention for the Irish team.

the ox
22/10/2004, 2:27 PM
Maybe at that time he was sick of football, maybe suffering from depression or something but now he's over it and playing happily again

1MickCollins
22/10/2004, 10:56 PM
If Sunderland's story is true then it sounds like he had depression but that would be unusual for an athlete. He isn't a crackhead or a pothead by any chance? Ricky Williams (28) a very talented Miami Dolphins player on mega dough retired at the end of last season so he could smoke grass - must have been real good stuff! Of course now after a few months of inhaling he wants to return to football

lopez
24/10/2004, 9:44 AM
Sounds like he's found God!

Irish_Praha
26/10/2004, 11:12 AM
I don't know if it's true but I've heard that Butler had a few personal problems with his family and needed the time off to go back to Ireland to sort it out. It was wrecking his head so much he couldn't concentrate on football at the time. Some have even suggested that he came out and his Ballymun family couldn't accept it. That might have been someone having a larf though :P