PDA

View Full Version : Boo'ing the FAI

thejollyrodger
22/10/2004, 9:41 AM
The recent debacle shows that the leporard hasnt changed it spots. Isnt it about time that some of the fans got together and started to Boo the FAI ?

Personally i think it would be a great oppurunity to boo the FAI official at the next Ireland match when they come out and shake the players hands. I think Rooney is doing a decent job but some of the muppets there just want to hang on to their job and a fat salary. I for one am sick to the back teeth of these muppets in charge.

**edited. start booing each other :D Now that would look funny.

green goblin
22/10/2004, 9:45 AM
...Personally i think it would be a great oppurunity to boo the fans at the next Ireland match when they come out and shake the players hands...

I know it was a typo, and I know what you mean (You meant the FAI), but it's such a lovely idea fo us to start booing the fans :) I'm off to find a mirror and give meself a bl**dy good telling off! :p

$Leon$
22/10/2004, 10:00 AM
the fai are a discrace to our country and team. to many people world wide the fai is seen as the ambasaters for ireland and were been laughted at

eirebhoy
22/10/2004, 12:39 PM
You boo the FAI official and you're also booing President Mary McAleese.

tiktok
22/10/2004, 12:42 PM
it's been a while since I've heard 'Sack the Board' chanted :mad:

Robinski
22/10/2004, 12:45 PM
The recent debacle shows that the leporard hasnt changed it spots. Isnt it about time that some of the fans got together and started to Boo the FAI ?

Longford and Waterford will be the first to get that opportunity on Sunday. I say that if Fran is thrown out today then they should boo the cretins as they meet & greet the teams.

stickyjoe
22/10/2004, 12:50 PM
booing these cretins that run the FAI wont bother them at all. all they want is to travel the world for free, pocket a **** load of our money and enjoy the glamour that comes with the big international matches.

i thinks its time that the grassroots and supporters done something a little more pro-active to get rid of these dinosaurs.......grassroots football is run as good as if not better then the UK and many other countries and yet we have these clowns ruining it from the top......its time the grassroots got a hold of the organisation. getting rooney in there was a good step, but look at the trouble hes getting in trying to bring around change. :mad:

any ideas out there?

rant over.

observer
22/10/2004, 1:09 PM
Obviously the FAI have heard that the natives are restless, and accordingly are leaving no stone unturned to ensure there will be no supporters at the cup final. :mad:

Stuttgart88
22/10/2004, 1:24 PM
A large banner would be more appropriate IMO.

Can somebody enlighten me please: what extent can the govt / sports council cut off funding entirely until Genesis is implemented?

What's stopping the government insisting on immediate implementation?

TheJamaicanP.M.
22/10/2004, 1:38 PM
I would agree completely with the sentiments that all FAI officials should be booed from now on. Fran Rooney promised much but from what I can see, it is a case of same old wine, just new bottles. Rooney has simply provided a platform for certain political chronies of his. The rest of the association is as bad but I hope he's fcuked out on his ear.

Robinski
22/10/2004, 1:59 PM
I would agree completely with the sentiments that all FAI officials should be booed from now on. Fran Rooney promised much but from what I can see, it is a case of same old wine, just new bottles. Rooney has simply provided a platform for certain political chronies of his. The rest of the association is as bad but I hope he's fcuked out on his ear.

I have to disagree with you on the Rooney thing there. From all reports he's the one trying to get the changes made and is being stropped in his tracks by the same old shower that have always done nothing for the game. See the thread Trouble in the FAI in the National Team forum.

TheJamaicanP.M.
22/10/2004, 2:10 PM
I have to disagree with you on the Rooney thing there. From all reports he's the one trying to get the changes made and is being stropped in his tracks by the same old shower that have always done nothing for the game. See the thread Trouble in the FAI in the National Team forum.

Fair enough. I once was a fan of Rooney but I saw through him long ago. He has alterior motives. I hope he's ousted, even by that shower.

Bowsy
22/10/2004, 2:11 PM
I feel sorry for Rooney. The FAI as an organisation is blatantly as rooted in its selfish incompetence and self importance as the GAA are in their prehistoric pettiness. Rooney looks to be p*ssing into the wind. They never fail to dissappoint me.