PDA

View Full Version : Please help ! City's Euro Game on Saturday

Young Nick
14/06/2001, 11:38 AM
Hi Cork Fans

My friends and I will be in Cork on Saturday and want to come and show our support for the team.

Please let me know what time the game is on, and what you expect from the game ... are we going to stuff these Latvians or what ? !!

Thanks

Young NickHi Cork Fans

joe
14/06/2001, 11:48 AM
The game kicks off at 6.30 pm.

A poll (http://phootball.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135) on this forum currently says over 70% of people think it will be a narrow win for City, so I don't think we're going to 'stuff them' but we do have a chance.

James
14/06/2001, 11:50 AM
first of all welcome nick.

the game is starting at 6.30pm and i think there will be a big big crowd there from early on as the club are selling tickets to the cork city V celtic game from 2 hours b4 kick off so people must go the the interflopo match to see the celtic game so that should boost attendance.

what i expect from the game is city to stand back for a while and then hopefully with a big noisy city crowd behind them get on top of the opposition and hopefully get a goal to defend in latvia

Young Nick
14/06/2001, 11:54 AM
Thanks very much guys

There will be seven of us roaring City on, so hopefully they will do us proud.

We'll probably aim to stand where the most noise is coming from - is it pay-at-the-gate or do we need to pick up tickets first ?

Enjoy the game !

Nick

James
14/06/2001, 11:59 AM
and can i recommend going to the shed which is where the noise will be coming from
that was where i went first going to city games 10 years ago and got hooked by the atmosphere

( yea like it was ever going to be the teams skill..Hartigan you donkey)

joe
14/06/2001, 12:01 PM
tickets will be on sale outside the ground beforehand

A face
15/06/2001, 1:31 AM
Lads ...... Fellow supporters club members, i would like to annouce that the events tonight (thurs 15 june) have been successful and in our favour, we are happy campers, ring stephen or Mick, all systems go, on the pigs back, been to ****e creek, didn't like it and we smell of roses, singing out load "c'mon city, c'mon city, c'mon city, c'mon city" great, smashin', souper, you get the picture, any questions ... Private message.

Conor B
15/06/2001, 11:08 PM
And where was my effen welcome, 20 posts later, I can only follow the game on aertel, thanks a bunch. I hate Celtic.

James
16/06/2001, 2:07 PM
welcome Conor
now happy:D :D

word of advice though if you can goto www.96fm.ie and they will have liver updates then what you can get from aertel, who are prone to giving the wrong scores even giving the correct ones with about an hour delay