PDA

View Full Version : Exiles for Derry?

tiktok
22/10/2004, 8:47 AM
As Monday is a Bank Holiday and the game is on Tuesday I decided I'd best get posting.

A few of us had a brief chat about this on Tuesday. Obviously it'd be a hell of a trek up from Cork, but I reckon if we got organised the exiles could do it from Dublin.

Rough Estimates are (since it's a tuesday night) that it'd take maybe three hours up, and three back.
So leaving in or around Dublin at 4ish should see us in Derry for 7ish. Straight back after the game, hopefully back in Dublin side for about the 1am mark.

Just fishing at the moment, but I wouldn't mind driving if I had company to split costs and keep me awake on the spin back down. :o

Schumi
22/10/2004, 12:05 PM
Rough Estimates are (since it's a tuesday night) that it'd take maybe three hours up, and three back.
So leaving in or around Dublin at 4ish should see us in Derry for 7ish. Straight back after the game, hopefully back in Dublin side for about the 1am mark.
It's 4 hours on Bus Éireann leaving Dublin fairly early (about 1pm or so) so make of that what you will.

Troy.McClure
22/10/2004, 1:56 PM
Ya I was thinking about going alright (if pete still want to drive ;) ). Id say leaving at 4 is cutting it tight, maybe leave at 3 I think.

OneRedArmy
22/10/2004, 2:25 PM
To be safe you'll need to allow 4 hours on the way up from the centre of town and you'll be back down in 2.5 hours at that time of night (plus or minus 15mins depending on how quick you want to get home!).

Fair_play_boy
22/10/2004, 4:25 PM
Not going to this match meself. But for those who are thinking of the trip, would flying be a better option? If you drove, it would be cheaper, but you lose two days. Jersey European used to do a reasonable deal a few years back. Dunno if it still runs.

OneRedArmy
22/10/2004, 4:49 PM
You'd have to fly Cork-Belfast, or Cork-Dublin-Derry. Cost you a small fortune.

You can drive it up from Cork in 6-7 hours if you head up the wesht. Don't listen to anyone who tells you to go via Fermanagh, stick to the Galway, Sligo, Donegal Town way and you'll make good time. Don't forget to hold your nose through Ballybofey though :D

Colm
23/10/2004, 12:53 PM
There'll be something between 4 and 10 of us driving from Cork.

We must be fcuking mental but with the run we're on I can't bring myself to miss a game.

We need some bit of support up there anyway if we're going to have any chance of beating them.

niamh
23/10/2004, 1:43 PM

Em....we left about four the last time and missed most of the first half, which when you've made the effort to get to Derry is slightly annoying.
Plus there was a certain last minute winner for Derry which didn't help.
But I have the day off work in preparation!

Éanna
23/10/2004, 1:47 PM
looks like I'm driving to dublin and getting a lift from there. have to be in cork by midday wednesday for work, so no choice really. can't wait. its gonna be a real test

pete
23/10/2004, 3:27 PM

Just fishing at the moment, but I wouldn't mind driving if I had company to split costs and keep me awake on the spin back down. :o

I'd say 3.5 hours up from outskirts of dublin would be more accurate. I'd hope to leave 2-2.30 or maybe 3.30 if need to wait for working sorts.

I'm definitely running a taxi...i mean car to continuation of euro odessy. Think 1 seat left as it stands.

PM me if anyone interested. Will leave between 2.30 & 3.30...

thecorner
23/10/2004, 3:36 PM
we should have a bit of support up here... looking forward to it

adamd164
24/10/2004, 11:25 AM
Going by car - Fair_Play_Boy you must be off your head with the plane suggestion - or have money coming out your arse! ;)

Unfortunately - I've no more car space or I'd offer. Could (obviously coupled with sheliban on Friday), decide our season ...so I have to go!

Fair_play_boy
24/10/2004, 2:03 PM
Going by car - Fair_Play_Boy you must be off your head with the plane suggestion - or have money coming out your arse! ;) Factor in the day's saved wages and you will see why it is more realistic, that plus saving the on-the-road costs such as petrol and meals, and it looks more like a plan. :) But I still can't go. :(