PDA

View Full Version : Latest : Dublin vs Shels

harry crumb
21/10/2004, 7:23 PM
Dublin 1 - 1 Shels

JDB
21/10/2004, 7:50 PM
not bad... I'd settle for this result now. Hopefully Roddy's boys can go one better in the second half!! :eek:

Éanna
21/10/2004, 7:52 PM
that would really make things interesting. still, they were at 1-1 earlier in the season and shels won 4-1.

JDB
21/10/2004, 7:54 PM
...that's all in the past...Shels light is fading fast....believe [or at least pray for a miracle].

dancinpants
21/10/2004, 7:58 PM
Starting to get very interesting should the result stay as it is. $hel$ 8 points clear of Cork, but Cork wi two games in hand. If Cork cut that gap to 2 points, I reckon theres a good chance of Shels bottling it - then again, do Cork have what it takes not to bottle it either?

Éanna
21/10/2004, 8:06 PM
do Cork have what it takes not to bottle it either?
I think we do. There seems to be a real togetherness and belief in the squad lately. Its gonna take a hell of an effort on our part AND shels slipping up to do it, but Shels have bottled it before. I think the fact that we've been off the pace so long could help us in that nobody really expects us to do it, so the pressure is on Shels. Its theirs to lose really.

harry crumb
21/10/2004, 8:32 PM
Now it's 2-1 to Shels... 83 mins. unbelievable

another late goal.

Éanna
21/10/2004, 8:33 PM
typical. thats why the're champions though. still, we weren't exactly banking on them dropping points here, were we.

Slash/ED
21/10/2004, 8:41 PM
Dublin got a late equaliser.

Shels got an even later winner.

nice one :)

Fair_play_boy
21/10/2004, 8:50 PM
Shels got out of jail. But they have showed how vulnerable they are, to be tested by the team at the bottom of the league.
Cork City need make no assumptions about them being unbeatable at Tolka.

Slash/ED
21/10/2004, 8:52 PM
Yeah, the way we've managed to win a match that we looked like drawing shows how vulnerable we really are.

Poor Student
21/10/2004, 9:11 PM
First Irish side ever to progress four rounds in a European competition

And which European Competition was that then? :p

kevincronin2000
21/10/2004, 9:47 PM
I am nearly phisically sick after seeing that late late late goal by shelbourne?

Slash/ED
21/10/2004, 9:49 PM
First Irish side ever to progress four rounds in a European competition

And which European Competition was that then? :p

Fair point :D

Poor Student
21/10/2004, 10:01 PM
Fair point :D

Chancer :p

Éanna
21/10/2004, 11:47 PM
I've said it countless times, but thats why shels are such a force. the number of late goals they get is unreal.

thecorner
22/10/2004, 1:51 AM
Yeah, the way we've managed to win a match that we looked like drawing shows how vulnerable we really are.

please tell......did ye deserve it

danny murphy was keping us updated in the dog track tonite

nobody really cared about the dogs

all eyes were on tolka

connaithe
22/10/2004, 7:34 AM
Some jammy crowd they are. A draw would have meant the title was in our hands. Never the less, if they can barely scrape through against dublin city, then they are going to drop more points.

tiktok
22/10/2004, 7:36 AM
Agree with Eanna and Slash/Ed.

The fact that Shels came up with the goods when it mattered again is why they're ten points clear on top of the table. This late in the season whether they played well or not is irrelevant, all that matters is that they have another three points in the bag.

Anyway, if grabbing a late winner away to DCFC is an indication of slipping standards, we're not ones to talk, are we ;)

Roo69
22/10/2004, 7:51 AM
I am nearly phisically sick after seeing that late late late goal by shelbourne?

All this talk of late goals is cr@p lads, it does not matter if it was in the very 1st second that they scored or the very last second. A football match is 90 minutes long and what ever injury time the ref decides to play.

The league is over and done with now, If Shels had of slipped up last night then maybe Cork would have had a slight chance but Shels are far to strong and most likely Cork would have blown it anyway with a bit of pressure on the.

Slash/ED
22/10/2004, 1:36 PM
please tell......did ye deserve it

danny murphy was keping us updated in the dog track tonite

nobody really cared about the dogs

all eyes were on tolka

I couldn't tell you, I've been in bed with the flu most of the week and so wasn't able to get to the game. Maybe Sheridan or someone else reading this might have gone and could say how it went? I heard we played well up until our first goal and were pretty poor after that.

patsh
22/10/2004, 1:51 PM
maybe Cork would have had a slight chance but Shels are far to strong and most likely Cork would have blown it anyway with a bit of pressure on the.We blew our chance with our form after the Euro run, in August/September. We dropped some shocking points then.....:(

Éanna
22/10/2004, 4:19 PM
All this talk of late goals is cr@p lads, it does not matter if it was in the very 1st second that they scored or the very last second. A football match is 90 minutes long and what ever injury time the ref decides to play.

The league is over and done with now, If Shels had of slipped up last night then maybe Cork would have had a slight chance but Shels are far to strong and most likely Cork would have blown it anyway with a bit of pressure on the.
have you looked at the table? If we beat Shels and keep up this form, we could be a point behind them this time next week. Thats no over and done with. Itwill be difficult but its possible.

as for the late goals, not many teams score a lot of goals late on on a rgular basis and those who do tend to win things, thats the point

Breifne
22/10/2004, 8:23 PM
Anyway, if grabbing a late winner away to DCFC is an indication of slipping standards, we're not ones to talk, are we ;)

Yeah, Cork, Shels, Drogheda (twice) without even mentioning the games where we have conceded late to leave us with only a solitary point.

We are one of the most entertaining sides in the league at the moment, the football we are producing is excellent, just our results have been pretty poor.

Poor refereeing decisions and even poorer defensive errors at vital times, have culminated in us just one defeat away from relegation. Its been an awful season, but we are still playing attractive football, and deserved more than a single point from our last three games. we should easily have had seven points, at the very least five.