PDA

View Full Version : Ramblers Squad for 2014

Audacity
20/01/2014, 9:51 PM
Has anyone any news on Ramblers squad for 2014 & pre season friendlies.

cobhlad
13/02/2014, 8:17 PM
Squad so far

Goalkeepers:
Robert Birdsall
Shane Hallahan
Steven Hickey

Defenders:
Eoin Hastings
Anthony O'Donnell
Brendan Frahill
Adam Thompson

Midfielders
Roy Kenny
James Carson
Chris McCarthy
Bobbi Donoghue
Ryan Goldsmith
Keith O'Flynn
Andrew Bhandarkar

Forwards:
Ronan Stanton
Alan O'Flynn
Jonathan Creamer
Jonathan Spillane

cobhlad
13/02/2014, 8:17 PM
Friendlies confirmed against Limerick this Sunday and Midleton next Wednesday

Audacity
13/02/2014, 10:31 PM
Cheers Cobhlad, was beginning to wonder if they had a team at all !! Seem a bit short on defenders, I presume they will bring in a few 19's to boost any positions they are short on. Good luck to them for the season ahead. Hopefully I can get down for a few home games this season.

nr637
14/02/2014, 12:05 PM
Any news on the possibility of Kevin Murray signing?
I know he was injured for most of last season and cancelled his contract with Coik City as he missed the whole season.
I don't think he will be offered a new contract now with City at this stage and if he is over his injury it might be worth checking out if he is interested in playonf for Cobh again.

cobhlad
16/02/2014, 4:16 PM
Heard that he was training with Rams too. Was looking forward to seeing if he played the friendly but got called off

nr637
06/03/2014, 11:31 AM
Ramblers will struggle this year and will only be making up the numbers, that is what I hear from most soccer people around Cobh.

Davin O'Niell has retired, John Meade & Brian Fitzgerald gone to Avondale I believe and Kyan Rocks to Waterford where Conor Meade is also playing again this year. I suppose you can't blame a player earning a few bob to play in a Division that has an awful lot of travel and time required. Ramblers cannot compete with wages from other clubs and will always struggle now to attract any decent players.

It could be a very long lonely season.

Hope not and the best of luck to all concerned.

Comic Book Guy
10/03/2014, 10:48 AM
Ramblers will struggle this year and will only be making up the numbers, that is what I hear from most soccer people around Cobh.

Davin O'Niell has retired, John Meade & Brian Fitzgerald gone to Avondale I believe and Kyan Rocks to Waterford where Conor Meade is also playing again this year. I suppose you can't blame a player earning a few bob to play in a Division that has an awful lot of travel and time required. Ramblers cannot compete with wages from other clubs and will always struggle now to attract any decent players.

It could be a very long lonely season.

Hope not and the best of luck to all concerned.

It will be a long season alright, but I don't blame the current committee who inherited a god awful financial mess that they're trying their best to sort out.
They have a very young side who battled really hard in the second half last Saturday, that's all I'd ask for.
I'll keep my powder dry regarding some (not all mind!!) 'soccer' people in the town who are only too willing to kick the club when it's down and push their own agendas.
That said you can't lose the likes of Davin O'Neill, etc and not feel the effects.