PDA

View Full Version : John O'Shea and Waterford

Roo69
20/10/2004, 1:53 PM
Anyone else read the interview with John O'Shea and Waterford today in the #Herald ? Good read, he seems to know his stuff about local football and is a staunch Blues fan !

A face
21/10/2004, 12:54 AM
What is he doing to help out with the club ? Was he seen once at the RSC during the summer (his close season) ....... Just one game would rasie the profile of the game in Waterford.

I dunno ..... i wouldn't have used 'staunch' to decribe him at all. Maybe a blues fan, much like all the ManUre fans all over Ireland ... fans as long as it is on telly, etc.

observer
21/10/2004, 9:42 AM
What ever about O'Shea, is Paul McGrath still involved with Waterford? Does he attend the matches as there is no mention of him in recent times.

fosterdollar
21/10/2004, 9:58 AM
What ever about O'Shea, is Paul McGrath still involved with Waterford? Does he attend the matches as there is no mention of him in recent times.

<<snigger>> :ball:

Scout
21/10/2004, 9:59 AM
John O shea was at the RSC a number of times during the season. There's even a picture on the official Waterford United site.

As for McGrath - the club keep saying he is on medical leave which I presume means he is in a pub somewhere!!

tiktok
21/10/2004, 10:01 AM
As for McGrath - the club keep saying he is on medical leave which I presume means he is in a pub somewhere!!

He was looking at houses in Cavan a few weeks back. i don't think Waterford is foremost on his mind at the moment.

observer
21/10/2004, 2:52 PM
Any truth in the rumour that Paul will be unveiled as the Waterford legend on cup final day? Nah give it to the great Alphie Hale he deserves several awards. :)

Dick Long
21/10/2004, 3:55 PM
Alfie Hale has already got his Hall of Fame place. Johnny Matthews who (for a winger) is actually 3 goals ahead of Alfie and 5th in the all-time LOI goalscoring list is the nominee.

There's an article in today's Daily Mirror - who gave two (balanced) pages to the Cup Final - in which Reynolds speaks of McGrath's influence in him taking the job and help in the early months but also basically says that the ties are officially cut, if that wasn't already obvious.

CollegeTillIDie
23/10/2004, 5:50 PM
Best of luck to the Blues tomorrow in the F.A.I. Cup Final.
My primary school teacher, and the man who taught me how to play the game, was a Blues fan and I was in school when ye were undisputedly the best side in the League in the early 1970's.

I'd like to especially wish success to Alan Reynolds, David Breen and John Frost whom I have met over the years.
Will hopefully be there to see the game.
If I recover from my cold in time.
Any of ye turning up early for the Women's match?

Our lot are playing Dundalk.
Our lot beat Benfica(Waterford) in the semi-final while Dundalk beat Cork.

Hope the Blues win in both cases.

thecorner
23/10/2004, 6:22 PM
Was he seen once at the RSC during the summer (his close season) ....... Just one game would rasie the profile of the game in Waterford.

he was at the first waterford/city game this season

eoinh
23/10/2004, 6:25 PM
he was at the first waterford/city game this season
Yeah, I met him. :)