PDA

View Full Version : why?

yan
25/12/2001, 10:44 PM
why cant we ever sign a top el player?

can anyone remember the last few top players we signed from the dublin clubs?

the likes of stephen mcguiness,james keddy.........

ne1 else?

wat about the finn harps young player kevin mchugh,he is scoring for fun for them

something like 20 goals????????????

MURPHY OUT

rebel yell
26/12/2001, 12:03 AM
good question yan! i suppose it,s the flip side of being too parochial. we only want cork-based players it seems. maybe
bobby ryan,s grandmother is from cork that,s why we tried to sign him. :cool:

Éanna
26/12/2001, 5:51 PM
most players simply don't want to leave dublin, and those who aren't there yet (e.g. mchugh) would only consider moving there, not anywhere else. it's unfortunate, but true. o'grady is the exception rather than the rule.

A face
26/12/2001, 7:19 PM
was more sucessful, in Europe, etc, and attendances were bigger, better atmosphere and all that goes with, then would only increase chances of a player wanting to come to us, as regards the football side of things, but i think alot of players not in Dublin might be lured to Dublin clubs simply because it is a bigger city, thats if they are part-time, if the players that were to come to us were offered full-time positions then i think that might change things. i dunno, it depends on the individual as well.

Éanna
26/12/2001, 11:43 PM
fair point

SÓC
27/12/2001, 7:36 PM
Rosenburg are from the unfashionable city of Trodenhim but still manage to attract the best players because they have great facilities, do well in Europe and have a big supporter base.

Éanna
27/12/2001, 11:14 PM
exactly, it will be a different picture if city became an attractive destination for players as a club; but be honest lads- if you were a young fella in donegal and you had a choice between city and pats/bohs/shels/rovers; who'd ya pick? i wouldn't pick city anyway.