PDA

View Full Version : Foot.ie Christmas Party

Pages : [1] 2

$Leon$
19/10/2004, 5:13 PM
MOD EDIT: Locked, please use individual threads:

London (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=18684)
Cork (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=18797)
Dublin?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

How bout foot.ie christmas party? everyyone from the site get together before christmas for big **** up? i'd personally recommend TRAMCO RATHMINES DUBLIN. classy spot central and da manager tom o neill no's a bit bout EL football. pty he's a waterford utd fan

Dillo
19/10/2004, 5:16 PM
Great idea altogether. Tramco sounds excellent too. I've only 300 steps to walk to the place so it's quite accessible! All De Town lads can kip in my place behind Tramco afterwards!

TheJamaicanP.M.
19/10/2004, 5:24 PM
Deadly! Sounds like a great idea. We can talk football, hair products and moisturisers, while enjoying some light beverages. Max Power will provide a taxi service on the night. :D

$Leon$
19/10/2004, 5:25 PM
due to the fact that i started this idea goin dillo i hope there'll be a bed for be in ur pad in rathmines? any ideas for dates? 4th dec 2004?

$Leon$
19/10/2004, 5:26 PM
hopein that max would preform the honours and be dj and mc for the night. he's the lynch pin behind foot.ie. an inspiration for all the exiles livin in dublin

Metrostars
19/10/2004, 7:45 PM
Sounds good to me. Now who's going to pay for the $800 flight from New York?

liam88
19/10/2004, 9:03 PM
What about a London meet up on the same night as the Dublin one so us exiles arn't left out ;) we could syncronise!
I reckon if we run one in Dublin and one in London it'd bee cool-looking foward to meeting some of ma fellow young-exiels from the site!

(alternativly let's all go to New York round Metrostars house-no hotel costs!)

Dillo
19/10/2004, 9:20 PM
How does thursday night December 15th suit??

$Leon$, you're welcome provided you change that crest of yours to an LTFC one! :p
Should be a great night meeting lads such as Liam88, Plastic Paddy, Peadar and the like!
Hopefully Max Power could fill the DJ slot that night- would make it even extra special!
I'm counting down the days already :D

Lux Interior
19/10/2004, 11:30 PM
Is there a post quota for one to scoop an invite?

There are some chaps I'd LOVE to meet :D

ccfcman
20/10/2004, 10:13 AM
Considering Adam owns this gaff we should have it at his place :p

Peadar
20/10/2004, 10:24 AM
Should be a great night meeting lads such as Liam88, Plastic Paddy, Peadar and the like!

We're all in England! :confused:

You'd be as welcome as anybody else.
It's not your fault that your team plays in the inferior Irish League. :p
We'd welcome you just the same.
If it's a Thursday, Maxi P will probably be in the Outback??

Pat O' Banton
20/10/2004, 12:15 PM
What about a London meet up on the same night as the Dublin one so us exiles arn't left out ;) we could syncronise!
I reckon if we run one in Dublin and one in London it'd bee cool-looking foward to meeting some of ma fellow young-exiels from the site!

(alternativly let's all go to New York round Metrostars house-no hotel costs!)

Liam I like your thinking, if I wasn't refusing to duscuss that time of year until after Halloween I'd put up a few ideas - well I'd probably say O' Raffs (a fine and cheap pint of Guinness - surely enough mentions of the place for a free pint now PF? ;) ) - however as it is it will be early November before I'm contributing to this again. Bah humbug

drinkfeckarse
20/10/2004, 12:28 PM

Thursday is the 16th just in case there is any confusion!

$Leon$
20/10/2004, 12:51 PM

There are some chaps I'd LOVE to meet :D

everyone welcome. think ther should also be partys arranged in london and maybe cork as well to cater for the wide geographical locations that foot.ie reaches

sylvo
20/10/2004, 1:50 PM
[QUOTE=liam88]What about a London meet up on the same night as the Dublin one so us exiles arn't left out ;) we could syncronise!

This could be like Live aid when they had the concert in London and also at the same time one in America, this could be instead a sesh in London and one at the same time in Dublin.
Davros could do the Phil Collins bit and show up and perform at both event's,
half way through the sesh we could tell him to flip off out of it and go off and annoy the party in Dublin. :eek:

Pablo
20/10/2004, 1:58 PM
Obviously Foot.ie HQ is in the real capital so it makes sense that we have it in sidetrax ;)

ccfcman
20/10/2004, 2:21 PM
Obviously Foot.ie HQ is in the real capital so it makes sense that we have it in sidetrax ;)

Yeah but watch the bouncers, a right "hard" bunch :rolleyes:

Pablo
20/10/2004, 2:23 PM
Yeah but watch the bouncers, a right "hard" bunch :rolleyes:

it'll have that tolka park steward feel to it then!

ccfcman
20/10/2004, 2:26 PM
Did anything ever come of those bouncers? I'm sure the night will be well supervised with a very "hands on approach"
*slightly off topic*

Pablo
20/10/2004, 2:28 PM
Did anything ever come of those bouncers? I'm sure the night will be well supervised with a very "hands on approach"
*slightly off topic*

The CCTV tape went 'missing' i think. sound more and more like an ollie byrne run event with every post!

Dillo
20/10/2004, 5:03 PM
Thursday is the 16th just in case there is any confusion!

Apologies for that Drinkfeckarse! Thusday night the 16th it is so. As of now the venue is set for Tramco, Rathmines. Anybody have any preferences?? :confused:

dahamsta
20/10/2004, 6:29 PM
Announcement posted. Let me know when the details are finalised and I'll update it. I'd offer a raffle prize or summat but I'm skint atm. Nothing stopping ye throwing a few quid each into the pot and organising one yereselves though.

adam

Fair_play_boy
20/10/2004, 8:07 PM
Obviously Foot.ie HQ is in the real capital so it makes sense that we have it in sidetrax ;) :o Still barred from there since my shtag night got a bit like a Shamrock Rovers supporters club outing. :p

dahamsta
20/10/2004, 9:03 PM
:o Still barred from there since my shtag night got a bit like a Shamrock Rovers supporters club outing. :pWhat do you have to do to get barred from Sidetrax, hump the bouncers leg?

CuanaD
20/10/2004, 9:15 PM
of now the venue is set for Tramco, Rathmines. Anybody have any preferences?? :confused:

Beamish :D

liam88
20/10/2004, 9:23 PM

$Leon$, you're welcome provided you change that crest of yours to an LTFC one! :p
Hopefully Max Power could fill the DJ slot that night- would make it even extra special!
I'm counting down the days already :D

Dillo-thanks mate-means a lot :D
Unfortunatley I'm going to find it difficult to get out to the home country before the Cobh at New Years ;) deffinatley will meet up soon though! :)
Along the lines of a London meet up-fair play to ya Pat O'Banton; let's get the ball rolling asap!

dortie
21/10/2004, 9:11 AM
How bout foot.ie christmas party? everyyone from the site get together before christmas for big **** up? i'd personally recommend TRAMCO RATHMINES DUBLIN. classy spot central and da manager tom o neill no's a bit bout EL football. pty he's a waterford utd fan

What about having it in Derry :D

sylvo
21/10/2004, 10:35 AM
Jaysus,do yewse never let up

No, your reputation is deserved Davros, would you not fancy teaching everyone at the Dublin party how to balance a pint glass on their head's as well as singing some of yer song's that you wrote. ;)
But in all serious we'll have to get something sorted for an exile's hooley.

Peadar
21/10/2004, 10:45 AM
But in all serious we'll have to get something sorted for an exile's hooley.

Deffo.
I'll let you Cóckney Lads decide on the venue, date and time.

sylvo
21/10/2004, 10:55 AM
Deffo.
I'll let you Cóckney Lads decide on the venue, date and time.

Well core blimey guvnor, I fink vis time we ain't ganna av it in da Railway, maybe sam rub a darb in tawn.

Back to normal now. ;) yea somewhere central and somewhere that there's no doormen in monkey suit's turning people away for the craic.
Maybe the Lyric off Shaftsbury avenue.

Peadar
21/10/2004, 10:58 AM
yea somewhere central and somewhere that there's no doormen in monkey suit's turning people away for the craic.

Yeah, I don't mind.
We could go to a comedy show or something first and then a few scoops?

Bowsy
21/10/2004, 11:13 AM
Would be well up for putting some faces to names if this goes ahead. sounds like some form of satellite link up will be required though for the ever increasing amount of locations.

Babysis
21/10/2004, 12:16 PM
Well core blimey guvnor, I fink vis time we ain't ganna av it in da Railway, maybe sam rub a darb in tawn.

Back to normal now. ;) yea somewhere central and somewhere that there's no doormen in monkey suit's turning people away for the craic.
Maybe the Lyric off Shaftsbury avenue.

Its a great pub, and from my point of view its ideal location for me, but from the finances point of view, somewhere not in central london might be better. Just a thought!!

ccfcman
21/10/2004, 12:21 PM
The longer you lot discuss this the longer the waiting list at Hotels for functions.

Peadar
21/10/2004, 12:25 PM
from the finances point of view, somewhere not in central london might be better.

You're talking to people who paid €8 in Paris for a 500ml glass of beer.
Finances aren't a secondary concern to this lot. ;)

Babysis
21/10/2004, 12:30 PM
[QUOTE=Peadar]You're talking to people who paid €8 in Paris for a 500ml glass of beer.
Finances aren't a secondary concern to this lot. ;)[/QUOTE

But Paris was different!!

Im up for the lyric. I was just pointing out its an expensive area for a big sesh, but if thats where everyone wants, its sound by me!!

Peadar
21/10/2004, 12:34 PM
I was just pointing out its an expensive area for a big sesh,

Lady Sylvo can bring her handbag and we can stash our naggins of vodka in there. Buy a large bottle of Deasy's Orange, slip into a corner and refill the glasses under the table.
Sorted, like! :)

Babysis
21/10/2004, 12:38 PM
Lady Sylvo can bring her handbag and we can stash our naggins of vodka in there. Buy a large bottle of Deasy's Orange, slip into a corner and refill the glasses under the table.
Sorted, like! :)

That sounds like a plan, so the Lyric it is then! By the way, she's not really a fan of lady sylvo you know!

Peadar
21/10/2004, 12:41 PM
That sounds like a plan, so the Lyric it is then!

All we need now is a date and time.
If it's a school night I'll need plenty notice and a sick note from my mum for the next day.

By the way, she's not really a fan of lady sylvo you know!

Until she gives me some alternative, the name stays.

Babysis
21/10/2004, 12:49 PM
All we need now is a date and time.
If it's a school night I'll need plenty notice and a sick note from my mum for the next day.

Until she gives me some alternative, the name stays.

tut tut!! Read back though the thread, and you will see that they are talking about thursday 16th of December. No idea what time, would have thought about 7.30/8ish! The earlier the better!

Peadar
21/10/2004, 12:51 PM
tut tut!! Read back though the thread, and you will see that they are talking about thursday 16th of December.

Ah blast!
Sure I'll be into the second week of my Christmas holidays by then and probably lying on a beach in West Cork.

Babysis
21/10/2004, 12:56 PM
Ah blast!
Sure I'll be into the second week of my Christmas holidays by then and probably lying on a beach in West Cork.

Well we all have to do things over Christmas we dont like!!

Peadar
21/10/2004, 12:57 PM
Well we all have to do things over Christmas we dont like!!

Tell me about it!
People actually expect me to give them gifts!!! :eek:

sylvo
21/10/2004, 1:07 PM
You're talking to people who paid €8 in Paris for a 500ml glass of beer.
Finances aren't a secondary concern to this lot. ;)

To right, after Paris even central London or Dublin seem's cheap for a night out. :mad:

sylvo
21/10/2004, 1:10 PM
Its a great pub, and from my point of view its ideal location for me, but from the finances point of view, somewhere not in central london might be better. Just a thought!!

The Hope and Anchor maybe ;), I know one of the bar staff in there, you might now him also. :eek:

Babysis
21/10/2004, 1:37 PM
The Hope and Anchor maybe ;), I know one of the bar staff in there, you might now him also. :eek:

You mean the onbe that broke the guiness tap?? Heard bad things about him. they used to have great barmaids in their, standards have slipped!!

Peadar
21/10/2004, 1:46 PM
In all seriousness can we have an assessment of the feasibility of Christmas get-togethers?
We could do the three Capitals anyway.
Cork
London
Dublin

List of people interested in London party?

Peadar
Sylvo
Davros
Bowsy
Liam88
Pat O'Banton
Babysis

brendy_éire
21/10/2004, 3:38 PM
Would there be much call for one in Belfast, or even Derry? Doubt it mind.

Peadar
21/10/2004, 3:40 PM
Would there be much call for one in Belfast, or even Derry?

What's Derry the Capital of?
You will be catered for at the London party.

Pablo
21/10/2004, 3:45 PM
What's Derry the Capital of?
You will be catered for at the London party.

Londonderry :)