PDA

View Full Version : Leinster Senior Cup 2014

Pages : [1] 2 3

atfconline
17/12/2013, 9:16 PM
First fixtures of the season out, for some of us at least.

4th Round Draw:

Wexford Youths v Athlone Town
Kilbarrack United v Sheriff YC
UCD v Shelbourne
Shamrock Rovers v Drogheda United
Shamrock Rovers (Wexford) v Longford Town
Bohemians v Bray Wanderers
Crumlin United v Swords Celtic
St Patrick's Athletic v Dundalk FC

http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3942/ireland/2013/12/17/4486241/shamrock-rovers-drawn-against-drogheda-united-in-leinster-senior-

Titan
18/12/2013, 3:28 PM
Shamrock rovers (Wexford) haha how many teams are rovers planning on entering? One in each county? :)

Fester
05/01/2014, 12:58 PM
St Pats v Dundalk - Richmond Park Mon 17th Feb 14 7:45pm

Dillonman
14/01/2014, 7:58 AM
Full dates:

2013/14 Leinster Senior Cup fourth round fixtures

Shamrock Rovers AFC (WX) v Longford Town – Sat 1 Feb (2.00 pm)
Crumlin United v Swords Celtic – Sun 9 Feb (2.00 pm)
Wexford Youths v Athlone Town – Fri 14 Feb (8.00 pm)
Bohemians v Bray Wanderers – Sat 15 Feb (5.00 pm)
UCD v Shelbourne – Sat 15 Feb (3.00 pm)
Kilbarrack United v Sheriff YC – Sun 16 Feb (2.00 pm)
St Patrick’s Ath v Dundalk – Mon 17 Feb (7.45 pm_
Shamrock Rovers v Drogheda United – Wed 19 Feb (7.45 pm) **provisional**

http://thejuniorsoccerportal.info/leinster-senior-cup-fixture-dates-announced/

Mr A
14/01/2014, 9:58 AM
Ah Jaysus, there's a provisional Shamrock Rovers now as well? Where will this madness end?

Nesta99
14/01/2014, 10:33 AM
Cant believe its not Shamrock Rovers Shamrock Rovers?

Town Legend
01/02/2014, 1:53 PM
Latest- Shamrock Rovers 1-1 Longford Town. Sullivan the scorer for Town according to LTFC twitter. Pat I presume unless it was a typo and should be O'Sullivan!

*Wexford Shamrock Rovers!!

Town: Hunt, Haverty, Tyrell, Sullivan, Deans, Rice, Gorman, K. O'Connor, Hynes, Sullivan, Shaw.

Subs: G. O'Connor, McNamara, Shannon, O'Brien, Murphy, Cowan.

Town Legend
01/02/2014, 2:19 PM
2-2 now. O'Sullivan with the second. Going by this tweet he scored the first as well!

Town Legend
01/02/2014, 3:35 PM
Town won 3-1 on penalties.

Professor K
02/02/2014, 1:55 PM
Rice missed a penalty in that shootout, don't think he's taken one in his career before. Rovers v Drogheda is confirmed for 19 Feb at 7.45pm.

outspoken
02/02/2014, 8:23 PM
Rice missed a penalty in that shootout, don't think he's taken one in his career before. Rovers v Drogheda is confirmed for 19 Feb at 7.45pm.

Clipped the butt of the post and rolled wide was unlucky now, had a great game overall can't wait to get him on a proper pitch and see what he can really do!

PartySaint
03/02/2014, 9:28 AM
Clipped the butt of the post and rolled wide was unlucky now, had a great game overall can't wait to get him on a proper pitch and see what he can really do!

He'll probably just misplace loads of passes and point a lot

Darklordsbane
13/02/2014, 5:03 PM
Anyone know when the draw for the next round is

outspoken
13/02/2014, 5:09 PM
Anyone know when the draw for the next round is

Most teams playing their games this weekend so shouldn't be too far away

Hulsey
14/02/2014, 4:27 PM
Bohs v Bray scheduled for tomorrow is now off

Fester
17/02/2014, 7:39 PM
Pats 0 v 0 Dundalk HT

Fester
17/02/2014, 8:16 PM
Pats 2 v 1 Dundalk latest...

Fester
17/02/2014, 8:50 PM
Pats 2 - 1 Dundalk FT

PartySaint
17/02/2014, 9:23 PM
Fahey with a stunning free kick to put us 1-0 up tonight, he's back :)

White Horse
17/02/2014, 9:31 PM
Happy with that performance, played without our two starting centre halves. Should have scored at least two in the first half.

Kavanagh was outstanding for Pats, plays his best football against Dundalk, for some reason. Both sides will go into their Setanta ties with confidence.

PartySaint
17/02/2014, 10:41 PM
Happy with that performance, played without our two starting centre halves. Should have scored at least two in the first half.

Kavanagh was outstanding for Pats, plays his best football against Dundalk, for some reason. Both sides will go into their Setanta ties with confidence.

It was an enjoyable game, I was impressed with Dundalk, played some lovely stuff at times

Nesta99
18/02/2014, 12:02 AM
I was impressed with Dundalk, played some lovely stuff at times

and Pats?

PartySaint
18/02/2014, 6:25 AM
and Pats?

We were alright, came in and out of the game, I'll see more of us over the coming weeks so not too worried about tonight.

Ken Oman can't really run tho

KUFCMan
18/02/2014, 8:45 AM
That was a cracking game for pre season/LSC.I was really impressed with Dundalks fitness and hunger for the game and I thought they were slightly the better team last nite.ST Pats scored 2 cracking goals(i would love to see Keith Faheys free kick again)but didnt get their passing game going with Dundalk pressing them early.Daryl Horgan was a real livewire and is really fitting in well already and could be the quality needed for Dundalk to push on this season.They have a decent squad and could go close.Its shaping up for a cracking season ahead!

oriel
18/02/2014, 12:02 PM
I heard from a few since that this was indeed a cracking game. We were missing both our first choice central defenders, but apart from that it was full strenght, so it seemed a very good test and sounds like Pats treated the game the same.

ATFC-1887
20/02/2014, 12:20 AM
Finished Wexford 1-4 Athlone. Graham Rusk, Sean Brennan, James O'Brien and Marc Hughes with Athlones goals. Danny Furlong with Wexfords. Horrible conditions but a decent game.

OldNassau
22/02/2014, 1:56 PM
What was Athlone's starting line up? Nothing on the website about this game. Now that Athlone are a premier side the least they could do is keep their website up to date to inform fans of things football.

ATFC-1887
24/02/2014, 11:54 AM
LFA Senior Cup Quarter Final Draw

Athlone Town v St Patricks Athletic

Shamrock Rovers v Bohemians or Bray Wanderers

UCD or Shelbourne FC v Longford Town

Sheriff YC v Crumlin United

Dates to be confirmed.

ATFC-1887
24/02/2014, 11:57 AM
What was Athlone's starting line up? Nothing on the website about this game. Now that Athlone are a premier side the least they could do is keep their website up to date to inform fans of things football.

Yeh alot of fans are very frustrated by the club in that respect. The fans page we have on facebook is alot more active and informative with Match updates etc. Starting Line-up was Skinner, Dillon, Prendergast, Collins, S.Byrne, Hughes, Brennan, O'Brien, A.Byrne, Rusk, Gorman.

SkStu
24/02/2014, 1:02 PM
LFA Senior Cup Quarter Final Draw

Athlone Town v St Patricks Athletic

Shamrock Rovers v Bohemians or Bray Wanderers

UCD or Shelbourne FC v Longford Town

Sheriff YC v Crumlin United

Dates to be confirmed.

A Dublin derby or a Wicklow derby in the next round. Tasty.

Darklordsbane
24/02/2014, 6:43 PM
Who else is from Wicklow apart from Bray

Darklordsbane
24/02/2014, 6:49 PM
will the winners of match 1 play winners of match 2 and winners of match 3 play winners of match 4 in the semis

Match 1 Athlone Town v St Patricks Athletic

Match 2 Shamrock Rovers v Bohemians or Bray Wanderers

Match 3 UCD or Shelbourne FC v Longford Town

Match 4 Sheriff YC v Crumlin United

interesting possible match ups if it is

Battery Rover
24/02/2014, 6:59 PM

I am only back online with proper internet the last two days since we had everything wiped out in storm here in Limerick. I also do licensing so that had to take priority for me. As you can see here http://athlonetownfc.ie/be-part-of-our-media-team/ I am looking to get a team together to improve it Been using a mobile with very intermittent coverage to even access the internet never mind updating a website.

BTW I also work and go to college full time during the off season so time some weekends is very scarce.

atfconline
24/02/2014, 9:55 PM
Don't worry BR, they were queueing out the door at the AGM to volunteer their time and effort. Oh wait.....

ATFC-1887
24/02/2014, 11:22 PM
Don't worry BR, they were queueing out the door at the AGM to volunteer their time and effort. Oh wait.....

Funny thing about that is, at the AGM we were informed that a guy was coming in the following week to do the website, run the facebook page etc but rumour has it hes not doing it anymore. So why would people volunteer to do a job that the club just told everyone has already been taken.

PartySaint
25/02/2014, 8:49 AM
Have to say I'm looking forward to our trip to Athlone in this. I haven't been down to the new ground yet and was hoping we would play them away in the first game of the season.

It should be played before our league game down there in July but you never know with the LSC

eL Bettor
27/02/2014, 12:12 PM
Bohemians v Bray tonight.
Trying to find a bit of team news for it, I find the Bohs site is down, meanwhile the Bray site just has 1 line news headlines which when you click on them just reloads the news index page.
Tried with both Chrome and IE. What a joke from both clubs.

ATFC-1887
27/02/2014, 12:23 PM
Have to say I'm looking forward to our trip to Athlone in this. I haven't been down to the new ground yet and was hoping we would play them away in the first game of the season.

It should be played before our league game down there in July but you never know with the LSC

Have been told we have gave home advantage back to Pats. If true Athlone are a joke.

Roo69
27/02/2014, 12:49 PM
Trying to find a bit of team news for it, I find the Bohs site is down, meanwhile the Bray site just has 1 line news headlines which when you click on them just reloads the news index page.

Our site is disgraceful ! but it does work and during the season is kept up to date. If you clicked the more link on the story you nwould have seen this

Shane O'Neill will sit out Bray's rearranged 4th. Round Leinster Senior Cup tie against Bohemian F.C. at Dalymount Park on Thursday night with a groin strain. Otherwise Alan Mathews will have a full squad to choose from for his first competitive game as Bray boss.

This is a game the Manager will want to win, he said " It's another game in our preparation for the new season, but it's certaintly a game we want to win. When we enter a competition we want to win it or at least progress as far as we can and I'm sure Bohemians will treat it the same".

Speaking about his squads pre season to date Mathews said ," It has been going quite well,I'd have liked another couple of matches but I have been pleased with the attitude of the lads and how they have applied themselves in the games we have played so far".

Bray have played four pre season friendlies so far winning all four, beating Longford Town 1-0, Shamrock Rvs. 2-1, Wexford Youths 1-0 and Wayside Cel.3-0.

The winners of this tie are away to Shamrock Rovers the holders in the next round.

Last season Bray played Bohemian F.C. four times, losing 3-2 at Dalymount in the League in April then losing 4-0 again at Dalymount in the E.A. Sports Cup in May. Bohemian won 3-1 at the Carlisle Grounds in the League in July but Bray won the final meeting of the season between the sides at Dalymount in the League in October with a Marty Waters goal that relegated Shelbourne and sent Bray into the play-offs.

Bohs site is also working but has nothing about the match on it. Strangely enough though they have a fake Wanderers crest up on their site!

PartySaint
27/02/2014, 12:50 PM
Have been told we have gave home advantage back to Pats. If true Athlone are a joke.

That's a bit of a shame if it's true. What would be the reason for that?

McNasara
27/02/2014, 12:54 PM
Bohs without missings, while Bray will be without Shane O'Neill. It will be interesting effect of Jason Byrne in the first competitive match in the second spell with Bohs (he scored 76 goals in 168 games for Bray). I expect a hard fought match, although bookies give a slight advantage to the home team. A new Bray coach, Alan Mathews was defeated 10 times in 13 games when his team played against the Gypsies.

Dodge
27/02/2014, 1:06 PM
That's a bit of a shame if it's true. What would be the reason for that?

Athlone may think opening up their ground for 100 or so fans is less cost effective than travelling to Inchicore. If I was to guess...

eL Bettor
27/02/2014, 1:09 PM
Bray have played four pre season friendlies so far winning all four, beating Longford Town 1-0, Shamrock Rvs. 2-1, Wexford Youths 1-0 and Wayside Cel.3-0.

Sure don't let the truth get in the way of a good story :giggle:

The "more" link doesn't work for me btw but thanks for the article.
I think Bohs are a decent bet at 11/10 or better

McNasara
27/02/2014, 2:55 PM
Bohs will be without Anto Murphy.

McNasara
27/02/2014, 10:21 PM
Bohemians 5:1 Bray

SkStu
27/02/2014, 11:04 PM
Mulligan, Dinny got 2, Beattie and J. Byrne.

ATFC-1887
28/02/2014, 1:55 AM
Athlone may think opening up their ground for 100 or so fans is less cost effective than travelling to Inchicore. If I was to guess...
Spot on. Still think its a bit unfair on the few fans who will have to travel to inchicore to see the game now. All this hasnt been confirmed yet anyways and at the moment is just rumour.

GitYerKorna
03/03/2014, 8:23 AM
Am I reading this correctly?
Athlone get a home draw against Pat's in the Leinster Senior Cup and they may decide to forego home advantage.
I'd like to hear the logic behind that thought process.
There have been some peculiar happenings down there over the close season!

McNasara
18/03/2014, 7:06 AM
UCD vs Shelbourne tonight.

Dodge
18/03/2014, 9:09 AM
Am I reading this correctly?
Athlone get a home draw against Pat's in the Leinster Senior Cup and they may decide to forego home advantage.
I'd like to hear the logic behind that thought process.

Loads of teams have done it, particularly in the LSC.

They may see the LSC as a nuisance. They may feel it'll cost them more to have the home game than away game. maybe they want to give their pitch more rest.

Or it could just be a rumour and the game will be played in Athlone.