PDA

View Full Version : Hair products

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

$Leon$
19/10/2004, 10:18 AM
what is the best hair care product avaliable at the moment for men?

Peadar
19/10/2004, 10:41 AM
L'Oreal "Out of Bed" isn't bad.
The one I have at the moment is Brylcreem "Reshaper Gum."
Brylcreem "Reshaper Putty" is equally as good.
Great for short hair, doesn't harden and easy to wash out.

noby
19/10/2004, 10:58 AM
...#1 blade

GavinZac
19/10/2004, 11:35 AM
The one I have at the moment is Brylcreem "Reshaper Gum."
Brylcreem "Reshaper Putty" is equally as good.
Great for short hair, doesn't harden and easy to wash out.

regaine? :confused:

max power
19/10/2004, 11:39 AM
or a nice wooley hat with a bobble on the top like the old fareo keepers. wasn't it a lovely hat, ah the good old hat days. will they ever be seen again :(

green goblin
19/10/2004, 11:51 AM
Who did that song called "Why go bald"? I think they were from Cork, same time as the Sultans and the Franks?

TheJamaicanP.M.
19/10/2004, 11:56 AM
VO5 putty is top of the list at the moment. Voted top hair product by FHM magazine, myself and the lads used to keep our putty in our hotel room safe (along with money and tickets) when we were in Paris.

Ruairi
19/10/2004, 11:59 AM
i use the blue brylcreem but i'm thinking of changing, so remoddeling putty/clay is the way to go yeah??

Peadar
19/10/2004, 12:04 PM
Voted top hair product by FHM magazine.

It must be good so! :rolleyes:
Are you really that naive?

so remoddeling putty/clay is the way to go yeah??

In my opinion, yes!
It's not sticky and doesn't make your hair look greasy.
Grand tack, as we used to say.

max power
19/10/2004, 12:14 PM
this the stuff ya want, you can normally only get them in barbers i think.

http://store.gwbeauty.com/americancrew.html

Peadar
19/10/2004, 12:18 PM
this the stuff ya want

Used that for years but have gone away from it completely.
It doesn't have any hold for that messed-up style.

joeSoap
19/10/2004, 12:44 PM
This thread is amm, rather.....GAY!! :D :D
WASH YOUR HAIR WITH GOOD OLD CLINIC SHAMPOO, AND CUT IT WHEN IT BECOMES UNTIDY!!!!!

Hair Products.....me arse!! :D

Peadar
19/10/2004, 12:49 PM

Why don't you just wax your arse?
You wouldn't need to put hair products on it then... :D
This (http://www.urbanwax.com/) is all I could find in Google (http://www.google.ie) for you I'm afraid...

max power
19/10/2004, 12:49 PM
This thread is amm, rather.....GAY!! :D :D
WASH YOUR HAIR WITH GOOD OLD CLINIC SHAMPOO, AND CUT IT WHEN IT BECOMES UNTIDY!!!!!

jor are u bald and bitter ???? ;)

Macy
19/10/2004, 12:50 PM
Have to agree, FFS get a haircut that doesn't need any poncey putty/clay/grout or whatever the fĂșck other DIY products to keep it in place...

max power
19/10/2004, 12:51 PM
Have to agree, FFS get a haircut that doesn't need any poncey putty/clay/grout or whatever the fĂșck other DIY products to keep it in place...

any suggestions, i'm off to the barbers soon for my cup final haircut :confused:

Macy
19/10/2004, 12:53 PM
any suggestions, i'm off to the barbers soon for my cup final haircut :confused:
No guard all over.

Peadar
19/10/2004, 12:56 PM
any suggestions

Look here (http://www.brylcreem.com) for all the advice you need. :D

green goblin
19/10/2004, 12:58 PM
To quote the King of the Hill:

"Only two words you'll ever need when getting your hair cut:
"The.Usual".

I've used shampoo for years. Seems to do the trick. Stings when you get it in your eyes, but thankfully they test it on rabbits first, so I should be OK.

Schumi
19/10/2004, 1:07 PM
Just stay away from Marty's barber!

max power
19/10/2004, 1:19 PM
Just stay away from Marty's barber!

ha ha that pic will be on line next week all going well

Dillo
19/10/2004, 2:05 PM

Might be worth your while visiting Tony n Guy in Blackrock Max. Personally I think you should get highlights for the final. You should get a scissors cut along the sides and leave the length perhaps at the back. As The Jamaican PM recently remarked, "You have to be prepared to splash the cash when it comes to beauty!"

max power
19/10/2004, 2:07 PM
i think that shall be done, i might even shave :cool:

Dillo
19/10/2004, 2:12 PM
Reckon you should shave on the friday night maybe. That way you will have the necessary amount of designer stubble for Tramco, Coppers or Blazers (last resort) come Sunday night! :cool:

max power
19/10/2004, 2:14 PM
na i feel clean shaven is the order of the day for sunday :p

Dillo
19/10/2004, 2:17 PM
You know best Max. I suppose we should all aim to look respectable on cup final day! It only comes once a year after all!! :D
Hope Martinho's II hair will have grown back on time. He looked like an onion last I saw of him! :rolleyes:

Closed Account 2
19/10/2004, 2:18 PM
"Black and White" is good, doesnt go brittle/dry like gel, and keeps hair held longest.

Pablo
19/10/2004, 2:41 PM

great product

Dillo
19/10/2004, 2:44 PM
Is that product available in most places?

Pablo
19/10/2004, 2:46 PM
Is that product available in most places?
i've bought it in boots or tesco last few times. its great you only need a little bit and its really clean feeling in the hair. i hate regular gel cause it feels horrible

Pablo
19/10/2004, 2:47 PM
are we new men or what :)

Dillo
19/10/2004, 2:48 PM
Must get it and have it in place for Sunday! :cool:

Pablo
19/10/2004, 2:50 PM
Must get it and have it in place for Sunday! :cool:

must look your best for the cup final! will you be wearing the cream suit ala Liverpool years ago!

The Longford spice boys :D

Pablo
19/10/2004, 2:50 PM
i suppose 1996 style is just hitting the midlands now !

Dillo
19/10/2004, 2:52 PM
God yeah, I remember how well Jamie Redknapp looked in that suit! :rolleyes:

$Leon$
19/10/2004, 4:25 PM
glad to see my thread has been so well answered. been dabling with that v05 putty my self. very good but i'd only use it for special occasions like a night out in tramco r cup final r something. for day to day use can't beet a bit of wax. its important to get a good old fashioned sissor cut. too many people these days r goin out and buying do it yourself hair cutting kits. cutting hair is an art that takes 4 years as an apprentice to get the basics and then a lifetime to master.my advice don't be a tight arsed cavan man and pay a pro it'll pay off in the long run

Ruairi
19/10/2004, 4:39 PM
you a hairdress then $Leon$??? :D

Dillo
19/10/2004, 4:49 PM
I know one Martinho II (Section O member) that could do with paying you a visit!

the 12 th man
19/10/2004, 4:51 PM
while we are at it,anybody know a good washing up liquid.?
there is feck all suds off the one i'm using now.
and me hands are all chapped and scurvy :o :rolleyes: :D

Peadar
19/10/2004, 5:03 PM
Will be off when they start on about skincare for men...

That's quite a good topic actually.
Shaving my face was a nightmare for me as the hair is very coarse.
I used to just not bother shaving unless I had to.
Then it was even more bother to shave.
The answer was in my local Boots store.
Facial scrub.
I use Simple facial scrub before shaving then shaving cream from a tube.
Not that manky soap from an aerosol can.
Follow the whole lot off with aftershave gel for sensitive skin.
It makes the world of difference.
There's loads of good products out there to suit all budgets.
No harm looking after yourselves lads.

there is feck all suds off the one i'm using now.

Probably down to "hard" water in your area.

and me hands are all chapped and scurvy :o

Try rubber gloves.

$Leon$
19/10/2004, 5:08 PM
glad to see men are no longer afraid to talk about grooming with each other. all i'll say is thank god for nivea for men for making grooming products more accesible to the common man. they just cut out the waffle and called a spade a spade

TheJamaicanP.M.
19/10/2004, 5:18 PM
Agree completely with you $Leon$. Grooming has become a central feature of the modern man. Hair products, facial care, moisturising, etc. is vital in this day and age. Anyone know of a good body moisturising product out at the moment? Have been looking for one for some time now.

With regard to Max Power and his looks for the cup final, I agree with him that he should be cleanly shaven. For some reason Max's facial hair tends to be ginger. No offence to ginger people, but red hair so 1993. Max needs to stay closely shaven. I'd suggest to him to shave every second day, just to avoid irritating his skin.

TheJamaicanP.M.
19/10/2004, 5:20 PM
Sorry folks, you can dress it up all you like and talk about sensitivity and the new male and I'm a neanderthal etc. etc. but skincare for women, alcohol for men...

You're just trying to act the hard Kerry man now. Maybe that is why there are no sex symbols from South Kerry, with the exception of Jackie Healey Ray. If you ask me, grooming and alcohol go hand in hand.

$Leon$
19/10/2004, 5:21 PM
conor74 have u ever tried putting alcohol on ur face just after shaving? didn't think so it would burn da fcukin face off u thats why moisturiser is a better bet. where not talkin bout eatin da stuff we still drink alcohol we just like to take care of our bodies as well

$Leon$
19/10/2004, 5:33 PM
conor74 i hope ur not trying to split hairs with me. i hate split ends but i find the new l'oreal shampoo is best at stopping split ends

TheJamaicanP.M.
19/10/2004, 5:39 PM
You mean aftershave? Yes. But about once a year at Christmas, because it's a bit ****ey too. Not in the same league as skincare products mind...

Conor, you are giving us country folk a bad name. i.e. only using aftershave at Christmas after you receive it as a gift.

I suggest you buy FHM magazine from now on and pick up some helpful tips. Otherwise, keep paying attention to this thread. You might learn a thing or two.

the 12 th man
20/10/2004, 7:13 AM
Try rubber gloves.

yeah i did,and there's feck all suds off them as well :rolleyes:

Macy
20/10/2004, 7:24 AM
The ponce's and nonce's thread....

Peadar
20/10/2004, 7:38 AM
skincare for women, alcohol for men...

You'd be amazed at the amount of "grooming" products that contain some form of alcohol. From mouthwash to moisturiser, they've all got some trace of alcohol. ;)

$Leon$ I find Simple is much better than Nivea.
Especially if you're putting on cologne because it means that there's no mixing of smells.

the 12 th man
20/10/2004, 7:44 AM
next up.

toilet paper ratings
best carpet cleaners available
low fat or full fat milk
nail varnish colours. :D