PDA

View Full Version : thank you mr.spillage

thecorner
19/10/2004, 6:43 AM
for all that crap you wrote about our club not so long ago in your rag..it brought about the team meeting and unity came along and we havent looked back since

so thank you spillage,u tried to ruin mr.dolan but it kinda backfired on you :D

Éanna
19/10/2004, 11:04 AM
if there's one thing you can credit the idiot with, its that proving him wrong has always been good motivation :D

ccfcman
19/10/2004, 12:15 PM
Could it all have been an elaborate PR hoax by Dolan?

daveh
19/10/2004, 12:23 PM
I wouldnt be surprised,hes great at the old PR,in the long run i think it'll help the club,raise our profile to a higher level.

wws
19/10/2004, 12:24 PM
well done on the recent turnaround but 2 points immediately stand out: 3 of those 4 teams are IN THE BOTTOM 4 placings in the league

AND two of those four teams are more concerned with their cup involvement than anything else

takes the gloss of it a little - the old questions and doubts stil remain when you play the big sides

ccfcman
19/10/2004, 12:27 PM
I wouldnt be surprised,hes great at the old PR,in the long run i think it'll help the club,raise our profile to a higher level.

Saturn being his aim

tiktok
19/10/2004, 12:29 PM
well done on the recent turnaround but 2 points immediately stand out: 3 of those 4 teams are IN THE BOTTOM 4 placings in the league

Agreed.
The point about Cup finalists is well made too, but that's from the outside looking in.
It's down to what the players make of it.
Hopefully four wins on the spin i something that Dolan can use to Inspire the players, our next three games before we play Shels are against Longford Away (one eye on the cup) Pat's Home (in good form but know they're safe now) and Derry Away (we've a poor record there, but they won't be playing for anything at this stage). So in those terms I'd hope that we'd be going into the Shels game just four (hopefully) or six (probably) points behind them. While it won't be enough, being that close should ensure we wrap up second, which will do for me at the moment.

wws
19/10/2004, 12:49 PM
yeah, four on the bounce is good in this league
and you should beat a distracted longford and probably us in your own home ground (we're not beating anyone recently - three draws in a row - and a draw would be a good return for us on friday)

derry away will be difficult for you alright

patsh
19/10/2004, 1:48 PM
yeah, four on the bounce is good in this league
and you should beat a distracted longford and probably us in your own home ground (we're not beating anyone recently - three draws in a row - and a draw would be a good return for us on friday)These are the very games that we will probably f*ck up....:(

Keeping fingers, toes and everything else crossed..;)

Stadler
20/10/2004, 7:13 PM
We have won 4 from 4 since that team meeting...fair play George! ;)

yeah, 'cos he arranged the meeting. Seems to me that the run has coincided with such things as Dolan getting a wake-up call from the chairman, hoggy returning to the starting line-up, playing a load of crap teams, Doyler moving up front, Kearney playing some of his best football, Gamble settling into the team, Woods getting stuck in, Benno continuing to get better, some of Devine's better performances of the campaign, among other things but sure let's give all the praise to Georgie!

CuanaD
20/10/2004, 9:24 PM
yeah, 'cos he arranged the meeting. Seems to me that the run has coincided with such things as Dolan getting a wake-up call from the chairman, hoggy returning to the starting line-up, playing a load of crap teams, Doyler moving up front, Kearney playing some of his best football, Gamble settling into the team, Woods getting stuck in, Benno continuing to get better, some of Devine's better performances of the campaign, among other things but sure let's give all the praise to Georgie!

Don't care what the reason is as long as the results keep going :ball: