18/10/2004, 1:00 PM
KEVIN DOYLE or BENNO

Ruairi
18/10/2004, 1:03 PM
KEVIN DOYLE or BENNO

yup. kearney's worth a mention too.

GavinZac
18/10/2004, 1:06 PM
doyler, or maybe murphy (start of the season)

SÓC
18/10/2004, 1:06 PM
Cant decided bewteen Doyler and Benno.

I'd say I'll go Benno, but only just

Gary
18/10/2004, 1:12 PM
Im still undecided between Doyle and Bennett. Both have been absolutely fantastic.

Still plenty time to decide.

ccfcman
18/10/2004, 1:15 PM
Colin O'Brien surely, he has been surreal this season, a right good honest lad too.

niamh
18/10/2004, 1:24 PM
Definitely Doyle for me.
He has played where he's been asked to play. He's scored vital goals. He's been consistent and improved on last season, as if we thought that would be possible.
Bennett a close second. A potential team captain IMO.

Newcomer - Danny Murphy

daveh
18/10/2004, 1:29 PM
Doyler definately,consistently good all season and some important goals.Colin o'Brien deserves a mention too though.If Gamble keeps improving with every match,like he is now,he'll definately be a contender next year.

razor
18/10/2004, 1:32 PM
For sheer consistancy over the whole season it has to be Alan Bennett.
This'll have to be a poll to get people to pick one.

ccfcman
18/10/2004, 1:32 PM
Doyle is the best player in the Eircom League at the moment in my estimation [though I'd like to see Colin get the award [double standards!]]

Doyle is so good I'd go as far as to say he is better than Crowe and Byrne have ever been.

Ruairi
18/10/2004, 1:35 PM
poll added, if i left anyone out, sorry

ccfcman
18/10/2004, 1:38 PM
Kearney my arse! Good but not the best surely!

Nice interview with Micháel O Muraturtaigh yesterday by the way!

daveh
18/10/2004, 1:40 PM
Doyle can score goals and create them from nothing,good passer aswell,hes kinda like our Henry I suppose,if his finishing was slightly better hed have a lot more goals aswell,when hes sorts that out he'll definately be the best player in the league.

tiktok
18/10/2004, 2:05 PM
Doyle for me, Benno a very close second, Fenn in third (not on the list, forgotten already :confused: :( )

Ruairi
18/10/2004, 2:08 PM
Doyle for me, Benno a very close second, Fenn in third (not on the list, forgotten already :confused: :( )

oh yeah.....d'oh!

NorthoftheLee
18/10/2004, 2:55 PM
I've gone with Benno, but it would be harsh on Doyle....colin and danny in joint 3rd....

anway..lets have a proper poll at the end of the season,....

thecorner
18/10/2004, 3:13 PM
has to be doyle or benno but for a defender has popped up with a few vital goals this season...benno......just

colin o brien also deserves a mention

Dricky
18/10/2004, 3:29 PM
Colin O'Brien surely, he has been surreal this season, a right good honest lad too.

Agree with you on that said it before, the lad is everything that is good about football in Cork. One of our own and all

Pablo
18/10/2004, 4:04 PM
Doyler-the mans a god. hopefully he'll stay under rated by those not on Leeside for years to come

thecorner
18/10/2004, 4:08 PM
who the fcuk voted for john o flynn :eek:

ccfcgirl
18/10/2004, 4:12 PM
Kevin Doyle by a long shot ,

Colm
18/10/2004, 4:52 PM
This is a tough one and I'm finding it really really hard to single anyone out. I think there's a lot of players who have been really outstanding at different times this season.
How can you pick anyone between Doyler, Fenn, Benno, Kearney, Colin, Georgie, Danny and Mick?? They have all been brilliant for most or all of the seaosn so far.

Then there's others who have been outstanding in a few games but haven't really played enough games to be considered for player of season.... the likes of Greg, Hoggie and Gamble.

This shows what a talented squad we have and I'd hope all the players I've mentioned above (along with Flynny and Murray) will be at the club again next season because with one or two additions and Dolan at the helm we could turn out to be an unstoppable force if we put our minds to it.

Éanna
18/10/2004, 5:17 PM
Doyle shades it ahead of Bennett because of his form for ireland as well.

1 Doyle
2 Bennett
3 Kearney
4 Devine
5 Colin T

Dunno why anyone's voting for Fenn, he's an excellent player, but lets face it, the team looks better without him. george has been brilliant at times, awful at others. flynny has looked good in fits and starts only, and danny murphy had a superb start but has got worse and worse.

newcomer award goes to gamble.

thecorner
18/10/2004, 5:35 PM
Doyle shades it ahead of Bennett because of his form for ireland as well.

this is the ccfc player of the year award,not the irish under 21 award ;)

pete
18/10/2004, 6:41 PM
Doyler by a long way. Been consistent from first game of season, scored twice in europe playing on the wing, no coincidence current upswing in fortunes has come when hes started scoring consistently in attack. Come on a lot from last year & always gives 100% which i always like to see. Amazing he has kept his form u when he layed u-20 WC & then all those u-21 matches throughout season.

Bennet come on well as think he was less than great at start of season.

A face
18/10/2004, 7:54 PM
Colin O'Brien will suffer actually as he is not playing the moment.

Lads, this a hard task .... there have been so many that warrant a mention.

Éanna
18/10/2004, 9:32 PM
Colin O'Brien will suffer actually as he is not playing the moment.

I know I'll probably get shot for this, but I think Colin has been fairly poor since we went out of europe. He was player of the season for me up til then, but he's looked wrecked ever since.

GavinZac
18/10/2004, 9:37 PM
I know I'll probably get shot for this, but I think Colin has been fairly poor since we went out of europe. He was player of the season for me up til then, but he's looked wrecked ever since.

i tend to agree with you, he was really good, but i think joe gamble has slotted in perfectly when he was beginning to fade a bit

RedX
18/10/2004, 9:42 PM
I agree with Colm that its very hard to pick a player as so many have done very well...but still though every club awards a player of the year so my vote goes to...........KEVIN DOYLE :)

b_mcsweeney
19/10/2004, 10:30 AM
i think the three lads mentioned by most (Benno, CT, Doyle) have been fantastic and virtually impossible to seperate (not a bad spine of a team either). i'll give the nod to CT for now, as his injury is likely to rule him out of end of season MVP awards.

Neil
19/10/2004, 8:00 PM
Doyler overall, but
Kearney has been a revelation the last few weeks
Benno is solid all season
Colin T also deserves a mention
Danny Murphy would have been up there too at the start of the season

ccfcman
20/10/2004, 10:12 AM
I'm baffled as to why Colin T has so few votes, he's been amazing this season, shame he's out for a while, but the team is playing well without him, I dare to say better.

Stadler
20/10/2004, 6:27 PM
Doyler, by a country mile. You'd have to wonder how much damage he would have done if he was played up front all season. That would also have given Flynny proper time to recover, though the right-wing would have become the problem position then. Still, maybe Woods should have been there from the off???

connaithe
21/10/2004, 10:53 AM
If kearney and doyle keep playing like they have last two weeks, they will be head and shoulders above anyone else come the end of the season with Kevin Doyle winning the award as he has scored the goals (though kearney has put most of them on a plate for him!).

ollie
21/10/2004, 3:25 PM
1doyle
2benno
3colin T
4mick d
5kearney

ccfcman
22/10/2004, 8:24 AM
4mick d

:eek: :eek: :eek: You are having a laugh right?

sullanefc
24/10/2004, 11:27 PM
Have to go with Kevin Doyle myself. Scored in Europe, scored vital goals in this 6 in a row run, has put in good performances both on the wing and up front all season. And considering he has played games for Ireland in between as well, he definitely gets my vote. Does the club have an official player of the year? Does the program give one? Do the fans have an input?

adamd164
25/10/2004, 9:41 AM
...OTS awards:-

POTS - Doyler.

Most improved - Benno.

Spillanism - The Georgie interview.

Game - Bohs away [3-2 rebel army] (or one of the pat's away games :D ).

Moment - Christ! Emm, there were so many, scoring the goal away to Malmo, scoring at home to Nijmegen, our away support in France, heck even getting 2 goals in the last few minutes at home to Derry and beating them!

Fanzine - 451. Still much better than IWOTO - sorry lads! (BTW what happened to BTID, the Waaaaahhhuuurrrfuuurr one?!)

DolansWaistcoat
25/10/2004, 12:11 PM
Doyle all the way,brilliant on the right wing or up front! :cool:

thecorner
25/10/2004, 10:58 PM
looks like doyle is the runaway leader here

pete
27/10/2004, 2:03 PM
6 goals in last 7 games should also get him league player of october too.