PDA

View Full Version : Gary O'Neil

Roo69
18/10/2004, 10:44 AM
Is he out of contract at the end of the season ? What do you think your chances are of keeping him ?

I reckon if we could get a hold of him if he does leave, would be a great partner for Zayed.

Maynard
18/10/2004, 12:06 PM
He's contracted to us until the end of next season. Not sure about clauses etc though. If we could keep a hold of him then we could certainly build a team around him next year, I'd say he could hit about 20 or so in a 10 team 1st Division. Here's hoping we can keep him.

drummerboy
19/10/2004, 9:01 AM
He's contracted to us until the end of next season. Not sure about clauses etc though. If we could keep a hold of him then we could certainly build a team around him next year, I'd say he could hit about 20 or so in a 10 team 1st Division. Here's hoping we can keep him.

Its unlikely Maynard. I think DC will have to sell him if he hasn't got a release clause in his contract. Incidentally has he scored since Roddy took over. I was reading the Shelbourne website and a couple of posters there were saying that a number of DC cheques for players wages had bounced. Very worrying. Will the club stay in Tolka next season or return to Whitehall which I'm sure would be cheaper.

max power
19/10/2004, 9:02 AM
o'neill is on his way to the flansiro :D

Maynard
19/10/2004, 10:12 AM
I'd be surprised if Nailer stayed in the EL if he is sold. Partick Thistle were very interested this year and made at least two bids. Not sure if any EL club who have a need for another striker could afford to buy him.
Haven't heard anything about cheques bouncing, I'll assume it's just another rumour (and there have been many) until I hear different.
Every single DC fan is PRAYING we get out of Tolka Park for next year. Not sure if Whitehall is a viable option though...depends on how strict the UEFA guidelines are and if there's a grace period.

drummerboy
19/10/2004, 11:10 AM
Belgrove have a 3-year contract with an option to extend. The Home Farm LSL team don't even get to use the pitch, which is in fantastic condition. Another option would be to go back to Morton Stadium, where the pitch is soon to be widened.