PDA

View Full Version : Fao Seagulls4ever/tarzan1

KK77
18/10/2004, 10:25 AM
Seagulls4ever i reckon you should have a read of Fever Pitch it will show you that you don't have to attend every game to be a true fan.

Tarzan1 fair play to you as you said shall we see SEAGULLS4EVER up in Finn Park at the weekend and Monaghan on the last day i think a big fat NO.

Anyway i thought this was Bray fans forum where all fans can give their opinion?????

Roo69
18/10/2004, 10:28 AM
Anyway i thought this was Bray fans forum where all fans can give their opinion?????

Yeah it is, but if i'm right is'nt seagull4ever a Bohs fan ? I'm open to corection on this. I thought i read a post where he said he was :confused:

Macy
18/10/2004, 10:35 AM
Seagulls4ever i reckon you should have a read of Fever Pitch it will show you that you don't have to attend every game to be a true fan.
Sorry to interject, but Fever pitch is the story of a part timer. Not going to a match, especially a title decider, just because you don't think your team will win is bullshít. Totally different if you can't make every game for genuine reasons fair enough, but to hold up fever pitch as an example of a true fan is plainly shíte.

KK77
18/10/2004, 12:14 PM
Sorry but Fever pitch is a classic case of a true fan have you read the book???? I think Nick Horby as he said put in years of work following Arsenal so to call him part time is crazy. So because he didn't go you saying hes not a true fan so i assume you go to every home and away every season????????????

KK77
18/10/2004, 12:28 PM
Sorry Macy but just to INTERJECT but Nick Hornby didn't not go to the title decider coz he didn't think they'd win he didn't go coz it was a rearranged game from earlier on in that season he actually thought on the night of the game they wouldn't win not the way you say just thought you'd like to know that!!! Anyway its just my opinion so i respect your opinion fair so i think you should others instead of rubbishing them afterall isn't football great coz all fans have their own and different opinions??????

seagulls4ever
18/10/2004, 4:15 PM

Tarzan1 fair play to you as you said shall we see SEAGULLS4EVER up in Finn Park at the weekend and Monaghan on the last day i think a big fat NO.

hang on, did you read anything i posted regarding that? i NEVER said
you had to go to every game. in fact, i've argued the exact opposite
with people who started on a holier-than-thou 'i go to every game, im
a real fan'. apart from being at most games myself, i define a real
fan as someone who has a love for their team, and can see their true
state of affairs. stuck in eircom purgatory. if thats a reference to
my sarcastic swipe at tarzan1, then you'll have to understand that i
just said it cos he appears to be a little angsty pr1ck.

i would be up in monaghan on the final day, but some of us have real
jobs with real commitments. as such, no, i won't be there.

and yes, it is a bray fans forum, where everyone can give their
opinion, except me it seems. anytime anyone has said anything
anti-bray, they get lynched. touch of hypocrisy there, no? american
freedom of speech all over again.

oh and roo, since you said it politely, i'll answer nicely. it wasn't
me thats the newly converted bohs fan, it was that c0ck who was
arguing with me. i'm still all for bray, i just admit their MANY flaws
of recent years.

and yeah, i've seen the film. good, but certainly not great.

KK77
19/10/2004, 8:15 AM
sorry when referrring to going to every game i meant that for Macy sorry seagulls4ever!

Macy
19/10/2004, 9:10 AM
sorry when referrring to going to every game i meant that for Macy sorry seagulls4ever!
I actually said not going every game because you can't because of other committments is fine, not going because you couldn't be arsed isn't, IMO.

Still think fever pitch is the story of a part timer, and by far Hornby's worst book.

seagulls4ever
20/10/2004, 9:54 AM

not a bother bro. i just thought you had hopped on the bandwagon that seems to hate the truth i speak. seems its just that arrogant roo pr1ck and the illiterate man of the jungle.