PDA

View Full Version : Marc Almond fights for his life

joeSoap
18/10/2004, 8:02 AM
Apparently he was involved in a serious accident in central London yesterday while riding pillion on a motorbike.He's reported to be in a critical condition.

joeSoap
19/10/2004, 8:31 AM
Obviously nobody gives a toss about Marc then.....oh well.... :D

Macy
19/10/2004, 8:51 AM
No need to rib him about it... ;)

the 12 th man
19/10/2004, 8:58 AM

i'd say a lot of people on here are too young to know who he is.

joeSoap
19/10/2004, 9:02 AM
i'd say a lot of people on here are too young to know who he is.
Probably a good thing, considering some of the stuff he drank, and some surgical removals... :D

green goblin
19/10/2004, 9:35 AM
Is all that stuff actually true though?
For those coming in late, Almond is famously reputed to have had a rib removed so he could chow down on his own member, and being taken to hospital where he had a pint of j*z pumped from his stomach.
I always thought it was just nasty rumours.
Quite liked Soft Cell at the time, but although he's got a distinctive voice, I always thought he sounded a bit flat at times. But with great conviction.

Pat O' Banton
19/10/2004, 9:42 AM
Probably a good thing, considering some of the stuff he drank, and some surgical removals... :D

Ah, he always maintains that pint drinking is an urban myth.

Always remember my sisters overlaying Non Stop Electric Caberat so developed a deep dislike for them which I have over come through the years. Hope he pulls through.

BTW anyone ever hear Inspiral Carpets version of Tainted Love even better than the Soft Cell version and makes you wonder why Marilyn Manson bothered, then again I wonder that on a regular basis.

green goblin
19/10/2004, 10:04 AM
BTW anyone ever hear Inspiral Carpets version of Tainted Love even better than the Soft Cell version and makes you wonder why Marilyn Manson bothered, then again I wonder that on a regular basis.

Of course, Carter USM's version of "This is how it feels" does it for me every time.

Macy
19/10/2004, 10:16 AM
Is all that stuff actually true though?
For those coming in late, Almond is famously reputed to have had a rib removed so he could chow down on his own member, and being taken to hospital where he had a pint of j*z pumped from his stomach.
I always thought it was just nasty rumours.
Quite liked Soft Cell at the time, but although he's got a distinctive voice, I always thought he sounded a bit flat at times. But with great conviction.
Every generation has some "star" who has this myth attached. Prince was another one who it was said about.

green goblin
19/10/2004, 10:30 AM
Every generation has some "star" who has this myth attached. Prince was another one who it was said about.
...They were saying it about Prince as well were they? There we are then, urban myth, done and dusted. Hope Almond gets better soon.

the 12 th man
19/10/2004, 11:40 AM
or the one about richard gere and the gerbils

joeSoap
19/10/2004, 11:46 AM

?? Never got that one....care to divulge??

green goblin
19/10/2004, 11:47 AM
...come on now lads, it's getting silly. How many gerbils would you need to get a pint? You'd need millions of them :confused:

the 12 th man
19/10/2004, 1:05 PM
?? Never got that one....care to divulge??

basically,
he was putting the gerbils/hamsters where the sun d'ont shine :D .................

ccfcman
19/10/2004, 1:09 PM
I wonderr did having a rib less, mean more carnage!

Pat O' Banton
19/10/2004, 1:13 PM
Of course, Carter USM's version of "This is how it feels" does it for me every time.

Absolute class, up there in the top ten cover versions of all time.

green goblin
19/10/2004, 1:14 PM
basically,
he was putting the gerbils/hamsters where the sun d'ont shine :D .................

...Carlow? Don't get it. :confused:

the 12 th man
19/10/2004, 1:21 PM
...Carlow? Don't get it. :confused:

another scurrilous rumour about mr gere doing the rounds was that he was addicted to gambling..............he loved ti-bet ....... geddit ?? :p

green goblin
19/10/2004, 1:30 PM
another scurrilous rumour about mr gere doing the rounds was that he was addicted to gambling..............he loved ti-bet ....... geddit ?? :p
Have the rest of ther afternoon off, my good man. You need the rest more than I do :)

Aberdonian Stu
19/10/2004, 1:39 PM
Eh just about the rib thing...surely that would be irrelevant so long as your vertebrae were still there. That's what Bill Hicks said anyhoo.

Pat O' Banton
19/10/2004, 1:39 PM

I can't believe that I sat here and worked that one out. :)

the 12 th man
19/10/2004, 2:15 PM
I can't believe that I sat here and worked that one out. :)

i bet it did'nt take you too long. :)

Pat O' Banton
19/10/2004, 2:17 PM
i bet it did'nt take you too long. :)

Longer than I care to admit :o :)

Princess Leia
19/10/2004, 9:04 PM
Absolute class, up there in the top ten cover versions of all time.

I agree - the Carter USM version is much better than the Carpets original. If we're talking best cover versions - Manics version of Theme From Mash (Suicide is Painless) has to be in there

Pat O' Banton
20/10/2004, 12:05 PM
I agree - the Carter USM version is much better than the Carpets original. If we're talking best cover versions - Manics version of Theme From Mash (Suicide is Painless) has to be in there

Ooooo, controversial on the Carpets/ Carter version. I'm old fashion and would say I still prefer the Inspirals version, but Carters cover is superb.

Equally for great covers the Jesus and Mary Chains version of Guitair Man is well worth checking out as is Johnny Cash's version of Personal Jesus and Hurt are top notch.

lopez
20/10/2004, 10:59 PM
Who drove their bike up Marc Almond's a*se? :confused: Politicaly incorrect I'm afraid, but the words Marc Almond and motorbike in the same sentence sent my imagination into overdrive. I heard a newsreader reading the bit about him 'riding pillion passenger' almost caused her to **** herself.

Think that story about his drink :eek: was an 'urban' myth, though. Showing my age but my cojones had barely dropped when I first heard that one. Pat, I think you were barely walking then.

As for Gere? Was he ever in hospital in Pheonix with either a. fractured skull or b. third degree burns of the r*ctum. :eek: All the result of a gerbil, a ten inch piece of kitchen waste pipe and a cigarette lighter. It's the money that does it.

the 12 th man
21/10/2004, 7:15 AM
As for Gere? Was he ever in hospital in Pheonix with either a. fractured skull or b. third degree burns of the r*ctum. :eek: All the result of a gerbil, a ten inch piece of kitchen waste pipe and a cigarette lighter. It's the money that does it.

i could'nt think of a subtle way (like you did :rolleyes: ) of putting this
"accident" :eek: into a post.

respect :cool: :p