PDA

View Full Version : The Red Card

Fair_play_boy
18/10/2004, 12:41 AM
This is not a wind up.
I have read everything I could in these forums about the game last Friday between Waterford and Cork City.
I did not find any sympathy for Alan Reynolds. Not one person said anything in his defence.
What is the story up there? Is it accepted that he got what he deserved?
Does anybody in your club have an alternative point of view?
And as for the two fingers he gave to the City support; is that acceptable behaviour by a player-manager? How do Waterford supporters deal with that? Close ranks, or try something something more responsible?

thecorner
18/10/2004, 12:44 AM
This is not a wind up.
I have read everything I could in these forums about the game last Friday between Waterford and Cork City.
I did not find any sympathy for Alan Reynolds. Not one person said anything in his defence.
What is the story up there? Is it accepted that he got what he deserved?
Does anybody in your club have an alternative point of view?
And as for the two fingers he gave to the City support; is that acceptable behaviour by a player-manager? How do Waterford supporters deal with that? Close ranks, or try something something more responsible?

not many waterford fans here.. u might get more of a response over on www.btid.tk

but be careful

this website comes with a government *******s warning :D

ConfusedBlue
18/10/2004, 4:59 PM
Did'nt really see what Reynolds got sent off for but fair play to the Cork players who pleaded with the ref not to send him off.
He won't miss the cup final so there seems to be apathy towards the sending off.It's accepted that it was stupid to get sent off considering he's the manager and is spouting off about discipline and showing examples to the tounger players,etc.

What he did going down the tunnel(kissing the crest and gesturing to the CCFC fans)was stupid,could of caused serious trouble.However I would'nt of missed it for the world,it was a priceless moment!!!!!!!!!

Éanna
18/10/2004, 6:24 PM
reynolds got sent off for a dangerous tackle and then swinging a punch at denis behan- it was quite fitting thatthe punch missed given his performance. the man is a great player, and has had a good start as a manager, but he is an absolute scumbag

ConfusedBlue
19/10/2004, 1:42 PM
reynolds got sent off for a dangerous tackle and then swinging a punch at denis behan- it was quite fitting thatthe punch missed given his performance.
If you saw EL Weekly last night,you would of seen that the sending off was harsh to say the least.The tackle that went in from Mulcahy (I think) was a disgrace and deserved a yellow card but how the linesman spotted a punch there I'll never know.Rennie can feel hard done by!!!!!!!

SPXcyan
19/10/2004, 7:57 PM
Ridiculous sending off i saw nothing too vigerous in it dont know why he got the red?

thecorner
20/10/2004, 8:25 AM
makes up for the red he should have got for the G.B.H. incident on georgie in the cross

ConfusedBlue
20/10/2004, 4:27 PM
Georgies no angel himself

joeSoap
20/10/2004, 4:38 PM
Ridiculous sending off i saw nothing too vigerous in it dont know why he got the red?
Because if you throw a punch at someone, whether you connect or not, then its an automatic red card offence. Not Behans fault Reynolds missed, and lucky for Reynolds that he did or he'd defo miss the cup final. What Eanna said was spot on, he's a super player....but an even more super scumbag...

Scout
21/10/2004, 10:02 AM
Did'nt really see what Reynolds got sent off for but fair play to the Cork players who pleaded with the ref not to send him off.
He won't miss the cup final so there seems to be apathy towards the sending off.It's accepted that it was stupid to get sent off considering he's the manager and is spouting off about discipline and showing examples to the tounger players,etc.

What he did going down the tunnel(kissing the crest and gesturing to the CCFC fans)was stupid,could of caused serious trouble.However I would'nt of missed it for the world,it was a priceless moment!!!!!!!!!

Have to agree with Confused Blue here. I watched the incident on EL Weekly and there was absolutely no way he deserved a red card. No wonder the players from Cork and Blues were talking to the ref.

There was no need for the gesture from Rennie though!

Fair_play_boy
22/10/2004, 5:20 PM
. . . fair play to the Cork players who pleaded with the ref not to send him off . . . Just saw this. Good to see the sense of humour alive and well in the south east. :D

jimhacker
03/11/2004, 2:15 PM
"Rennie" huh?

Makes him sound nice and cuddly doesn't it!

CollegeTillIDie
10/11/2004, 9:02 PM
TO the lads from Cork

You're being a bit harsh on a former Junior county GAA Player for Waterford :ball:

onceahoop
11/11/2004, 11:19 PM
"Rennie" huh?

Makes him sound nice and cuddly doesn't it!

Rennie. Isn't that something you use to get rid of something that's sticking in your chest.

Éanna
13/11/2004, 2:16 PM
TO the lads from Cork

You're being a bit harsh on a former Junior county GAA Player for Waterford :ball:
what the hell has bogball got to do with anything?

CollegeTillIDie
13/11/2004, 7:02 PM
Eanna

What has bogball got to do with anything?
May I refer you to the definition of Gaelic Football once published in a Bohez fanzine.... Put 30 bouncers on a field and throw a football in to confuse the issue... honestly.. how long have you been on this planet Eanna... do I have to spell everything out?