PDA

View Full Version : Mea Culpa!

Fermoy Blue
17/10/2004, 11:50 AM
Sorry for the pointless thread that City will be 3rd best team in country come end of season ie. same place as 3,5,6 etc. years ago. I would have thought that the whole point was at this stage, for the players and Lennox investment, would be to get to a final and actually win some silverware. Sorry! I obviously got that wrong. Anyways yere all brilliant and ye wii finish 3rd again...no probs.. HOPE YER HAPPY NOW!

thecorner
17/10/2004, 12:23 PM
Sorry for the pointless thread that City will be 3rd best team in country come end of season ie. same place as 3,5,6 etc. years ago. I would have thought that the whole point was at this stage, for the players and Lennox investment, would be to get to a final and actually win some silverware. Sorry! I obviously got that wrong. Anyways yere all brilliant and ye wii finish 3rd again...no probs.. HOPE YER HAPPY NOW!

somebodies threading on thin ice i reckon :p

Ruairi
17/10/2004, 12:38 PM
I just find it amusing the way that fans from munster's fourth club waterford (behind city, limerick and ramblers) are so obsessed with us that they have to post crap in our forum all the time.

Colm
17/10/2004, 1:00 PM

Enjoy ye're little cup final and you'd never know but ye might just add ye're name to the list of small clubs who have won the cup in recent years.
Meanwhile, we'll continue in our title battle with Shels and Bohs and continue being the biggest club in Ireland while we also continue our endless laughter at how pathetic everything about your club is, your "support", your "stadium" and your thug players.

You'll never have what we have and will forever be living in our shadow. Get over it.

adamd164
17/10/2004, 1:50 PM
You do realise that WAAAAAHHHHUUUURRRFUR will lose the cup final - we'll come 2nd / 1st (?) and have the Setanta cup to think about - The sheepshaggers will finish fifth / sixth (?) and have nothing!

REBEL ARMY! :cool:

jofyisgod
17/10/2004, 1:50 PM
while we also continue our endless laughter at how pathetic everything about your club is, your "support", your "stadium" and your thug players.

You'll never have what we have and will forever be living in our shadow. Get over it.

Summed that up nicely there, Colm. Sh1t club, sh1t fans... :ball:

Troy.McClure
17/10/2004, 3:55 PM
Anyways yere all brilliant

Ah, maybe he's not all that dumb! :p

Fermoy Blue
17/10/2004, 4:07 PM
Jeez lads,calm down!calm down! Seemed to have touched a nerve with ye! Really am delighted that City are 3rd best team in country again this year although like the players I think it would be preferable if they actually won something.Also ye should know a lot of Cork people will be delighted when Carey,Coleman,Clifford and Bruton get Cup medals next week.Of course I mean the ones with cop-on not the ones, for instance, who have been bad mouthing John O' Flynn here over the last no. of months.We can give and take abuse from opposing fans,Iam sure Johnno can also take it from opposing fans,not so sure about the crap he has taken from some of his own tho'.

Éanna
17/10/2004, 4:10 PM
Who's been abusing John O'Flynn? Certainly people said that he was playing poorly and should be dropped, which was opinion not abuse. Now go on away and start preparing for FAI Cup final defeat and leave worrying about important things to those of us who support proper football clubs

thecorner
17/10/2004, 4:19 PM
! Seemed to have touched a nerve with ye! Really am delighted that City are 3rd best team in country again this year

we'll see about that ;)

RedX
17/10/2004, 7:24 PM
Strange comments..i am not sure is this Fermoy lad continually trying to wind people on here up or is he just completely ignorant?..Coleman,Carey,Clifford and Bruton winning cup medals??I could not care less about any of these guys and i am sure EVERY City fan feels the same..they play for Waterford Utd...

Troy.McClure
17/10/2004, 9:20 PM
ye should know a lot of Cork people will be delighted when Carey,Coleman,Clifford and Bruton get Cup medals next week.

I know even more Cork people who were even more happy to go to Sweden, Holand and France this year though.

No one really cares about the cup final over here. Enjoy yere day out and then enjoy going back to being average at best. I mean, did ye actually play a good team in the cup yet or was it MSL teams all the way?

Fermoy Blue
17/10/2004, 9:39 PM
I am neither a wind -up merchant or ignorant.I am merely stating fact that City have underachieved again this season while players deemed not good enough for City are gonna end with Cup medals.If I was a City fan I would be asking WHY,rather than taking cheap pops at a club which has spent the majority of the last 15 years in 1st Division and now, with few resources and little stability look like winning a major trophy this millenium...something City have failed to do! Are ye all thick or blinded by results against bottom of the table teams and teams only interested in Cup Final to get the point?

Éanna
17/10/2004, 10:20 PM
I am merely stating fact that City have underachieved again this season
why are you saying we have underachieved? The season's not over. We'll finish where we deserve to finish, it might be 1st, it might be 3rd, that remains to be seen. Shels and Bohs were well ahead of us last season and we have closed the gap. They are both very good sides and with a squad as young as ours, thats progress. By saying we're underachieving, you're effectively saying that City are the best side in the country but aren't consistent enough. Do you really think we're better than Shels?

players deemed not good enough for City are gonna end with Cup medals.
good for them. but, you've hit the nail on the head there. they weren't good enough for city. that is proved by the fact that they are now playing for a team which is below us in the league. anything can happen in the cup. in recent years, it has been small teams who have done well in it anyway

thecorner
17/10/2004, 10:35 PM
City have underachieved again this season ?

never knew that the medals were handed out in october :confused: