PDA

View Full Version : An American moves to Ireland

eoinh
17/10/2004, 11:32 AM
Interesting Article. What do others think especially about his views on Ireland. Clicity Click (http://www.rep-am.com/story.php?id=10840)

dahamsta
17/10/2004, 12:44 PM
Well, the writer of the piece isn't exactly adhering to the truth, it strikes me that's she's trying to paint Ireland as the bogger capital Americans love to think of it as. Par example:

Road signs, when the exist, never say "stop."I mean that's just rubbish. Has she actually been in Ireland?

Plus of course she's used the alleged anti-americanism of Irish people to hypocritically attack the Irish, a common trait these days, although usually aimed more at Europeans in general.

adam

Troy.McClure
17/10/2004, 4:02 PM
"Copyright © 2004 Republican-American"

Im not going to say any more, well except for Ireland being the "Wild west" :rolleyes:

Éanna
17/10/2004, 4:12 PM
you just beat me to it troy. the unfrotunate consequence of the US having such a large population is that there's actually a market for the views of rednecks and morons. what a load of tripe

patsh
18/10/2004, 10:44 AM
All that was missing was some sh*t about "the mist upon the bogs" and a few references to leprachauns....:rolleyes:

Éanna
18/10/2004, 11:15 AM
ah now patsh, didn't say begorrah anywhere either :D

joeSoap
18/10/2004, 12:01 PM
Has an Angelas Ashes type context to it, albeit in a different way....actually don't get me started about that pr1ck Frank McCourt... :mad:

Metrostars
18/10/2004, 2:09 PM
"Copyright © 2004 Republican-American"

Im not going to say any more, well except for Ireland being the "Wild west" :rolleyes:

The Republican-American is a newspaper in Waterbury, Connecticut. Nothing to do with the Republican Party if that is what you are inferring to.