PDA

View Full Version : Hope I'm Wrong, but

BobbySands
17/10/2004, 5:23 AM
We've got 8 points from four matches, two home and two away. On paper thats good. The reality, however, is that the two home wins are against terrible teams. I know everyone says "there are no easy international matches anymore" but thats rubbish. Cypress and the Faroes are not that good. If we can't hammer them home and away something is wrong. The away draw with France was nice but this was a team at it's lowest ebb who were there for the taking. Domenech will probably get the sack soon and their retirees (Zidane etc) may be back for the return leg. Drawing away with the Swiss may have been the killer punch. The Swiss are a crap team.

We need two natural strikers. WE've a decent back four and midfield. Robbie and Morrisson are good honest players but killers goalgetters they are not.

petef
17/10/2004, 8:10 AM
Aren't you forgetting that we got two excellent away draws :rolleyes:

thecorner
17/10/2004, 8:14 AM
We need two natural strikers. WE've a decent back four and midfield. Robbie and Morrisson are good honest players but killers goalgetters they are not.

yeah,sure keane is only the record goalscorer and his international goals is almost on a par with michael owen

lets call one class and one ,eh..............not so class :rolleyes:

thejollyrodger
17/10/2004, 8:56 AM
I think were like portugal in Euro 2004. Good enough at defending, great at going forward but the final ball and putting the ball in the back of the net is a real problem.

Robbie plays a lot better with Clinton but we really need someone like Ronaldo, get one on one, just thinks about shooting all the time. There is no one like that in our underage set up.

We can beat any team in Dublin as long as everyone is fully fit and we are well organised and up for it.

Irish_Praha
17/10/2004, 1:45 PM
[QUOTE=thejollyrodger]

Robbie plays a lot better with Clinton but we really need someone like Ronaldo, get one on one, just thinks about shooting all the time. There is no one like that in our underage set up.
QUOTE]

Elliot might be an option. IMO he should get some action in the games against Croatia and Portugal.
Stokes at Arsenal is unfortunately only 16 so a bit young but he recently scored 4 goals in 3 games for the Irish U17 team. He's supposed to be a player in the mould of Shearer ...... if only!
Best is 18 but it's still up in the air as to weather he wants to declare for Ireland or not.

wallis
18/10/2004, 10:33 AM
Forget the speculation. The facts are we top the group and in the next set of fixtures while we are playing Israel away , France take on the swiss. If we pick up 3 points in Israel we should be capable of doing the same at home and taking the 3 points in the Faroes.

I cant see why we wont top of the group with 17 points by the time the final 3 fixtures roll round next Sept/Oct. That gives us another 12 months to help bring through these younger players (Elliot etc). I dont think we need to panic about where the goals are coming from. RK has one of the best strike rates in World football , what more can we ask for ?

I predict us and the French on 17 points. The swiss will lose in Paris and in Basel to the French. By the time we play Switzerland in the last game they will be out of it , no play off chance nothing. We will beat the french at home and win this group. In the meatime we will have produced another couple of good young players ready for 2006 Germany. More Brockwurst anyone ?

P Pts
Ireland 10 26
France 10 23
Switzerland 10 17

TerryPhelan
18/10/2004, 11:41 AM
we really need someone like Ronaldo

We already have a Ronaldo. Ronald O' Brien, that is (hoo hoo hoo).
Sorry couldn't resist that one... ;)

TheJamaicanP.M.
18/10/2004, 5:05 PM
I think were like portugal in Euro 2004. Good enough at defending, great at going forward but the final ball and putting the ball in the back of the net is a real problem.

We can beat any team in Dublin as long as everyone is fully fit and we are well organised and up for it.

I think you have summed it up perfectly. Against France and the Faroes, I thought our build-up play was excellent. However, we don't have an out and out centre forward, a goal poacher. Robbie tends to drift too deep. This is not needed. We already have the likes of Duffer and Andy Reid creating. We need Robbie in the box. In the long-term, I feel a big, strong, technically gifted lad like Stokes of Arsenal will answer the call. It's not inconceivable that by Germany 2006, he will be first choice with Robbie. Stranger things have happened.

dynamo kerry
18/10/2004, 7:22 PM
Forget the speculation. The facts are we top the group and in the next set of fixtures while we are playing Israel away , France take on the swiss. If we pick up 3 points in Israel we should be capable of doing the same at home and taking the 3 points in the Faroes.

I cant see why we wont top of the group with 17 points by the time the final 3 fixtures roll round next Sept/Oct. That gives us another 12 months to help bring through these younger players (Elliot etc). I dont think we need to panic about where the goals are coming from. RK has one of the best strike rates in World football , what more can we ask for ?

I predict us and the French on 17 points. The swiss will lose in Paris and in Basel to the French. By the time we play Switzerland in the last game they will be out of it , no play off chance nothing. We will beat the french at home and win this group. In the meatime we will have produced another couple of good young players ready for 2006 Germany. More Brockwurst anyone ?

P Pts
Ireland 10 26
France 10 23
Switzerland 10 17

sounds good to me.

TheJamaicanP.M.
18/10/2004, 7:31 PM

P Pts
Ireland 10 26
France 10 23
Switzerland 10 17

So you're saying we are going to win all our remaining games? Sounds great but I think you are living on a different planet. Are you sure you aren't William Wallis? :p

Dillo
18/10/2004, 7:35 PM
The lad is lakes on jiggers! :eek:

Adrianovic
18/10/2004, 7:37 PM
So you're saying we are going to win all our remaining games? Sounds great but I think you are living on a different planet. Are you sure you aren't William Wallis? :p

Makes a change from reading how crap our new record scorer is.

I'm with the happy guy, we can do this thing.

Ade

thejollyrodger
18/10/2004, 8:52 PM
We can win all our reminder games for sure. Wether we do or not reminds to be seen. :o

wallis
19/10/2004, 8:43 AM
YES WE CAN WIN EVERY GAME.

Do you remember two matches ago 'oh , we wont get a result in Basel ..... is injured ....... isnt scoring ...not playing well'

We get a draw and everyone moves on -

'We wont get a result in Paris....tactics are wrong... too negative....is injured....isnt scoring..... not playing well'

Well its over now !! We are top , not the Swiss , not the French , us !

Our next games Israel (home and away) , Faroes (away) - thats 9 points or a minimum of 7. In the meantime Switzerland or France are going to drop more points against each other.

Does anyone seriously want to tell me that we cant beat France and Switzerland at home ?? Cyprus away ??

POSITIVE THINKING - this group is ours for the taking. We will win every match.

onenilgameover
05/11/2004, 8:51 PM
Midfeilders need to start taking some goals.....last Kilabane or Roy Keane goal anyone?

seagulls4ever
06/11/2004, 10:43 AM
bobby sands eh? hungry are you? want a cake?

Pat O' Banton
06/11/2004, 11:30 AM
bobby sands eh? hungry are you? want a cake?

A night in the pub with you must be full of belly laughs :rolleyes:

seagulls4ever
06/11/2004, 11:44 AM
more than you can imagine. literally, cos you'd need friends to enjoy a night out.

TheJamaicanP.M.
06/11/2004, 12:01 PM

Pat, its up to you if you'd like to be stuck in a pub for a night with this geezer. I think I could find better things to do. In all my time on foot.ie I can safely say I've never come across a worse sense of humour that this geezer. :cool:

seagulls4ever
06/11/2004, 12:07 PM
wow, i feel so privileged! i should get an award for it. fact is, i'd be willing to bet i'm smarter than any one of you morons. clearly sarcasm is lost on you.

Pat O' Banton
06/11/2004, 1:29 PM
wow, i feel so privileged! i should get an award for it. fact is, i'd be willing to bet i'm smarter than any one of you morons. clearly sarcasm is lost on you.

:rolleyes: Dear, oh dear :rolleyes:

Intelligence is something that can be measured in many different ways so there is no way of knowing if you are more intellegent then myself, I can't speak for JPM, its quiet possible you are, fair play if thats the case. However I think you will find that I understand your attempt at sarcasim its just isn't really that funny.

TheJamaicanP.M.
06/11/2004, 2:52 PM
:rolleyes: Dear, oh dear :rolleyes:

Intelligence is something that can be measured in many different ways so there is no way of knowing if you are more intellegent then myself, I can't speak for JPM, its quiet possible you are, fair play if thats the case. However I think you will find that I understand your attempt at sarcasim its just isn't really that funny.

Have to agree with you Pat O. Maybe seagullsforever is more intelligent than us. Just wondering why a petition has been started on the Bray Wanderers site to get rid of him due to his abusive behaviour.

Bondvillain
06/11/2004, 4:18 PM
Ah, I dont know... I thought the cake gag was mildly amusing in a ''I've overheard something witty, but I'm glad I dont have to listen to that sh*te all night'' type of way... but he lost me with the ''my brain is bigger than yours'' thing. It's bad enough that some of the more loquatious posters here insinuate that they're Steven Hawking in an el kit, without someone actually telling you that they are....
(anyway, if his brain was that deadly, he would have known that his Cabaret act wasn't sarcasm, but more cynicism, tinged with surreality... 'verbal slapstic' if you will. Wrap yer brain around that, beachy....)

Pat O' Banton
06/11/2004, 10:54 PM
Ah, I dont know... I thought the cake gag was mildly amusing in a ''I've overheard something witty, but I'm glad I dont have to listen to that sh*te all night'' type of way... but he lost me with the ''my brain is bigger than yours'' thing. It's bad enough that some of the more loquatious posters here insinuate that they're Steven Hawking in an el kit, without someone actually telling you that they are....
(anyway, if his brain was that deadly, he would have known that his Cabaret act wasn't sarcasm, but more cynicism, tinged with surreality... 'verbal slapstic' if you will. Wrap yer brain around that, beachy....)

I at least don't think that is aimed at me as I'm kinda lost on the last bit of it :o

Anyway surely the cake 'joke' was a recycling excercise in loyalist humour, so in effect a 'I overheard it in the pub and the tattoos on their neck are begining to scare me' type of gag.

sylvo
10/11/2004, 8:13 AM

He won't be laughing Pat if County have a nice promotion party in Terryland park friday week.
I am soooo there.