PDA

View Full Version : Sligo Rovers 4-2 Kilkenny City,What you think?

sligoman
16/10/2004, 11:27 PM
First 40 mins were fairly S**** but then it livened up after that.Heff played brilliantly.Why was Jack playing :mad: ? In fact why is he still here? :D.He is so crap.Did ye see Heff hit the bar?Class! and O'Donnell's goal was unbelievable.Also plenty of opportunities to lob their keeper. :D .An all round classic match and same again next week :cool:

DonalE
17/10/2004, 6:21 PM
And why was Carr playing with Dwyer and Sheridan on the bench? And Gorman and Jack? Makes no sense to me,good to have Heff back,played very well. Great goal indeed by O'Donnell,how many goals he got now?

sligoman
17/10/2004, 10:33 PM
10, we need to hold on to him

showgies
18/10/2004, 11:05 AM
I enjoyed Saturday night, there were some great goals. O’Donnell took his goal brilliantly, as did Heffo and Carty, not too sure about Feeney’s finish but at least it went in. But goal of the night was Kilkenny’s second – some strike, although Bananaman could have got a hand to it if he was alert, and where was he for the first?

The highlight of the night was Gareth Gorman…….how he holds onto a team place, is beyond me (The only reason I can think of is his set piece taking - which is not great mostly) ……….no matter how bad he may be, poor old G got dogs abuse from particular individuals in the Main Stand…….unfortunately for Gareth, he gave them quite a few reasons to hurl abuse, all except one great effort to chip the keeper from 40 yards (which he nearly pulled off) …he fairly shut the two boys up, but they took it quite well when the stand started to take the **** of them, with calls of “there’s only one Gareth Gorman”……..ah suppose ya had to be there…..

One positive thing from Saturday night was the fact that Rovers got men into the box for crosses, this is how Feeney’s and Heffo goals came about. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come, as under Don we never seemed to have men in the box when ever crosses came in.

gustavo
18/10/2004, 1:30 PM
Bananaman .

is that really neccesary? :(

showgies
18/10/2004, 1:41 PM
but that is what he calls himself - Banana - it is not my doing, I'm no Ron Atkinson.......check out his interview in one the programmes this season......

showgies
18/10/2004, 1:43 PM
this forum doesn't like mild form of swearing........in my post, my **** turned into **** what happens if I have a ****?

gustavo
18/10/2004, 1:46 PM
sorry man :D imagine too if ur favourite golfer was bernhard ******

Rocky
18/10/2004, 4:31 PM
First 40 mins were fairly S**** but then it livened up after that.Heff played brilliantly.Why was Jack playing :mad: ? In fact why is he still here? :D.He is so crap.Did ye see Heff hit the bar?Class! and O'Donnell's goal was unbelievable.Also plenty of opportunities to lob their keeper. :D .An all round classic match and same again next week :cool:

was alright saturday night but I wouldn't get carried away just yet. Kilkenny are pretty poor and showed us up a few times before the last 20 minutes. I thought Jack was ok, showed some good touches but can't head the ball! Gorman is shocking. I cant understand how he gets in the team at all. He's got to go.

Shiba
18/10/2004, 7:57 PM
Game came to life in the Second half alright,not before time really but still look weak when Kilkenny came running at us through the middle,Midfield went missing on a couple of occasions,1st Kilkenny was like the 2nd against Athlone 2 weeks ago no consentration on long free kicks in to the box.I thought Philip Gallagher has improved in the last few games ,some of Steve Feeneys ball control was poor but steadily improved,As for Garrett Gorman well lets say "Finn Harps need a ballboy for next year".Stephen O' Donnell,Heffernan and Ciaran Foley all gave 100% a usual. Good result overall still needs serious work , which raises the Question Who will be kept next year if Any?

Just one last thing That referee was as useless as ever there has been no improvement in him what so ever in the last few years.. :cool:

Redzer
19/10/2004, 1:41 PM
It was no coincidance that we won on Sat, with O'Donnell and Heff back. Without them we are poor. As for Jack he is useless, he got his head to a few balls but on the ground he has very little talent. How long was Carty on to replace him when he scored? Gallagher looks a bit nervios yet, but I'd say he could be all right with a little more experience.