PDA

View Full Version : Tramco, Rathmines.

Don Vito
16/10/2004, 2:01 PM
Its been open again for a while now and we've all had a chance to see what the New Tramco is like. What does everyone out there think of it? Personally I love it and its lost none of the charm of the old Tramco despite those fancy lights.

max power
17/10/2004, 5:39 PM
think its ok, hate the position of the dj box, but it is great for lookin down the tops of well endowed young ladies ;)

they over did it on the lighting system but overall the ok if you keep away from the busy weekend nights.....

btw i celebrated the last night in the old tram co and winning last years cup together, even a rovers fan congratulated us ;)

Don Vito
18/10/2004, 12:27 PM
Surely you'll make a re-appearance there again this sunday max, all the town fans I know are heading there after the big match.

$Leon$
18/10/2004, 1:06 PM
i think tramco has brightened up its appearance but yet still keeps the old confuseing layout of the old. after many happy years in the old tramco i still hadn't a bulls notion were i was. talent levels are still high. this years college first years are a welcome addition to the place. fair play to tom o neill for all his work and hard effort it paid off in the end. :)

max power
18/10/2004, 1:15 PM
Surely you'll make a re-appearance there again this sunday max, all the town fans I know are heading there after the big match.

maybe, who knows.

Dillo
18/10/2004, 1:59 PM
I know I'll certainly hope be there this Sunday night when we win the cup! It's taking me a little longer than expected to adjust to Tom O'Neill's latest development but my God isn't it impressive :p. All credit to the man.
My one and only criticism of the place is perhaps the size of the dance floor which in my view is a little too small given the throngs of patriots that regularly attend this famous old club. Rumour has it many town fans are going down Rathmines way Sunday night! A change of scenery from Blazers or Blue to say the least! :rolleyes:
Just imagine- a sunday night in Tramco with the Section O's after winning the cup and Max Power playing hits like "We are the champions!" and "Simply the Best!". It really couldn't get much better than that! :D

max power
18/10/2004, 2:04 PM
I know I'll certainly hope be there this Sunday night when we win the cup! It's taking me a little longer than expected to adjust to Tom O'Neill's latest development but my God isn't it impressive :p. All credit to the man.
My one and only criticism of the place is perhaps the size of the dance floor which in my view is a little too small given the throngs of patriots that regularly attend this famous old club. Rumour has it many town fans are going down Rathmines way Sunday night! A change of scenery from Blazers or Blue to say the least! :rolleyes:
Just imagine- a sunday night in Tramco with the Section O's after winning the cup and Max Power playing hits like "We are the champions!" and "Simply the Best!". It really couldn't get much better than that! :D

reason for a small dance floor.....when your not dancing your drinking, therefore maximum profit for the venue in question. na i'll be on the beer, plus i'm almost barred from tram co, along with most venues in rathmines :D

Dillo
18/10/2004, 2:08 PM
What pubs in Dublin (before and after match) will town fans be in?

max power
18/10/2004, 2:10 PM
might be traveling from longford, if not thinking of a bit of nosh in town early in the day and then making it out to the 51 for the afternoon, if we win i'll be heading to longford, if not prob coppers cause i like eh, can't say it for legal reasons.

Dillo
18/10/2004, 2:11 PM
easy birds!

$Leon$
18/10/2004, 3:50 PM
all the exiles from the midlands that i no will be headin for tom's place on sun night win loose r draw. should be mad night. just like paris we won't let the result have any bearing on the celebrations for the night. :)

Dublin12
18/10/2004, 3:54 PM
Rathmines is a dump end of,too many students and culchies,mind you it's not too bad at the weekends when they all disappear back home to get their washing done :eek: ,now where's me tin hat :D

Dillo
18/10/2004, 4:30 PM
How dare you say such a thing! Rathmines is the place to be and Tramco is currently the best nightclub in Dublin! You're living on a different planet altogether.

TheJamaicanP.M.
18/10/2004, 4:47 PM
i think tramco has brightened up its appearance but yet still keeps the old confuseing layout of the old. after many happy years in the old tramco i still hadn't a bulls notion were i was. talent levels are still high. this years college first years are a welcome addition to the place. fair play to tom o neill for all his work and hard effort it paid off in the end. :)

Actually $Leon$ they've kind of kept first years out of Tramco so far this year. You have to be over 20 to get in. IMO this has taken away a lot of the easy, scoreable young talent. However, I do agree that Tramco is very much the new city centre. Congratulations to Tom O'Neill and staff members Jen and Eileen. You will always have a special place in our hearts.

Dillo
18/10/2004, 4:53 PM
Have to agree with you there John Paul!! :rolleyes:
A lot of the up and coming talent for some reason have been deprived the Tramco experience. This in my view, is a major drawback to some people as not everybody has the pulling prowess of the Jamaican P.M! :p Perhaps Tom O'Neill wants to revitalise the Tramco image, maybe he wants the old stock only or maybe Jenny and Eileen have had a say in the matter.

TheJamaicanP.M.
18/10/2004, 6:40 PM
Have to agree with you there John Paul!! :rolleyes:
A lot of the up and coming talent for some reason have been deprived the Tramco experience. This in my view, is a major drawback to some people as not everybody has the pulling prowess of the Jamaican P.M! :p Perhaps Tom O'Neill wants to revitalise the Tramco image, maybe he wants the old stock only or maybe Jenny and Eileen have had a say in the matter.

Not too sure about my pulling prowess Dillo! Suppose that's the joys of being prime minister!
I agree that Jen and Eileen have probably had a major say in the current clientele. This poses the question: are they fearful of the threat of up and coming first year college students? Tom seems steadfast in the faith he places in the old guard. He told me one time that he believes in the old dog for the long road and that he wouldn't forget his friends once he opened his renovated Tramco. I'm glad to see that he has been true to his word.

TheJamaicanP.M.
18/10/2004, 7:10 PM
On a different note, I noticed last week that they finally have mirrors in the men's toilets in Bondi Beach, Stillorgan. This move is long overdue and I feel probably has something to do with the numerous mirrors on display in Tramco. A mirror is essential for a nite out.

$Leon$
19/10/2004, 4:38 PM
mirrors are an integral part of the night out. i mean if u get drunk and separated from ur friends who is goin to tell u if ur hair is still sticking out at the back? i mean u just can't go up to a total stranger and ask them about the condition of ur hair. fair play to tom jen and eileen for making mirrors so prominant in tramco. its only now that bondi has koped and and realised what the opposition are at.