nigel-harps1954
08/11/2013, 10:59 PM
Manager of the year: Stephen Kenny

Player of the year: Killian Brennan

Young Player of the Year: Richie Towell

First Division player of the year: Phillip Gorman

Referee of the Year: Alan Kelly

Irish overseas player of the year: Seamus Coleman

The only ones I can see announced so far.

ATFC-1887
08/11/2013, 11:24 PM
First Division POTY- Philly Gorman

White Horse
08/11/2013, 11:30 PM
Well done Stephen Kenny. His fellow managers have recognised his achievement and quality.

IrishRossi
08/11/2013, 11:36 PM
how davy sullivan didnt get 1st division player of the year i dont know, top scorer out of both divisions
still fair play to gorman

ATFC-1887
08/11/2013, 11:43 PM
Well only 3 goals between Philly and Davy and the fact Athlone won the league prob won it for Philly to be fair.

IrishRossi
08/11/2013, 11:47 PM
i thought it was gonna be between Aidan collins and davy to be honest,

ATFC-1887
08/11/2013, 11:59 PM
So did i. Thought Aido should of got it to be honest.

IrishRossi
09/11/2013, 12:02 AM
he was the heart of yere defence

Longfordian
09/11/2013, 12:13 AM
I think the fact that Davy was stepping up to LOI whereas Gorman has been around for years is another factor worthy of consideration. I feel Davy was the division's best player but these kind of awards always go to the league winners which is understandable I suppose. Aidan Collins as mentioned above was at least as big a factor in Athlone going up as Gorman was.

Dodge
09/11/2013, 9:52 AM
Delighted for Brennan. Been nothing but a gent since his move to Pats. Any one of him, Bolger or Towell would have been deserving winners.

Likewise either of Kenny and Buckley would have deserved the managers award.

avvenalaf
09/11/2013, 11:29 AM
Delighted for Brennan. Been nothing but a gent since his move to Pats. Any one of him, Bolger or Towell would have been deserving winners.

I'll take your word for that, Dodge but it's difficult toimagine the word gent in a sentence about any of the Brennans. Major meltdown predicted for next season.

poster
09/11/2013, 11:35 AM
Been nothing but a gent since his move to Pats.

Bar the times he wasn't.

White Horse
09/11/2013, 11:54 AM
While I think Towell is the better player, Brennan had a great season and was a major factor in Pats winning the league. A worthy winner of player of the year.

Ezeikial
09/11/2013, 12:12 PM
Delighted for Brennan. Been nothing but a gent since his move to Pats.

Although I think that Richie Towell is the best player in the league since Keith Fahey, from what I have seen, Killian Brennan has been the Pats stand-out player this season; with Pats winning the title the major award was always likely to go to either Brennan or Bolger.

It's great to hear that he has become a "gent" - presume this means he has stopped diving, moaning at refs and making red-card tackles / assaults?

Agreed, while Kenny was an obvious choice Liam Buckley has done an amazing job over the last 2 years

Yossarian
09/11/2013, 5:46 PM
Hard to argue with the awards alright,as mentioned already any of the nominees for the main award would have been worthy winners. Brennan is a player opposition fans love to hate but would love in their team. I certainly would love to see him playing for Dundalk.

dundalkfc10
09/11/2013, 6:49 PM
Hard to argue with the awards alright,as mentioned already any of the nominees for the main award would have been worthy winners. Brennan is a player opposition fans love to hate but would love in their team. I certainly would love to see him playing for Dundalk.

Id say there would be a riot if he came to Oriel (In Oriel)

Yossarian
09/11/2013, 7:29 PM
Id say there would be a riot if he came to Oriel (In Oriel)

Well I for one would be delighted if he played for us. And I wouldn't be the only one.

wonder88
09/11/2013, 8:44 PM
Kenny a worthy winner of manager of the year. I take Pats fans word for it that Cillian Brennan was the most influential player in them winning the title this year. The 3 games I saw Pats play other players were equally as important for them and in one of those; v Bohs in Inichore he started to act up in the 2nd half when the visitors started to come back into the game. Pats dropped two points that night.

galwayhoop
10/11/2013, 11:34 AM
Hard to argue with the awards alright,as mentioned already any of the nominees for the main award would have been worthy winners.

We're they not runners up as opposed to nominees??

As I understand it the players vote on poty from all available players not nominees.

Could be wrong.

Dodge
10/11/2013, 12:25 PM
I'll take your word for that, Dodge but it's difficult toimagine the word gent in a sentence about any of the Brennans. Major meltdown predicted for next season.

Might happen alright. He's been excellent on and off the field for Pats. He might well leave too, but I'll always remember him fondly for this year.

For what it's worth I gave any votes I had to Bolger for Player of the year (for Pats and league wide)

PartySaint
10/11/2013, 3:28 PM
It's great to hear that he has become a "gent" - presume this means he has stopped diving, moaning at refs and making red-card tackles / assaults?

Nope, like every other footballer in the world, he still makes bad tackles, complains at refs and goes down easy sometimes.

White Horse
10/11/2013, 3:34 PM
Nope, like every other footballer in the world, he still makes bad tackles, complains at refs and goes down easy sometimes.

So perhaps "gent" is not an appropriate term to use to describe a footballer.

PartySaint
10/11/2013, 3:56 PM
So perhaps "gent" is not an appropriate term to use to describe a footballer.

Or perhaps he was referring to his off-field personality

White Horse
10/11/2013, 4:11 PM
Or perhaps he was referring to his off-field personality

A bit irrelevant in the context of player of the year. Perhaps he believes in world peace and looking after orphaned puppies too?

PartySaint
10/11/2013, 5:47 PM
A bit irrelevant in the context of player of the year. Perhaps he believes in world peace and looking after orphaned puppies too?

He never said he should get it because he has been a gent just said he's delighted for him because of it.

I do wish you would continue tho, I find your over reaction to some of our players hilarious. I think Flood should have got it...

razor
10/11/2013, 9:00 PM
Nope, like every other footballer in the world, he still makes bad tackles, complains at refs and goes down easy sometimes.sometimes? :D

White Horse
10/11/2013, 9:28 PM
I do wish you would continue tho, I find your over reaction to some of our players hilarious. I think Flood should have got it...

Nothing to do with your players, I thought he was a worthwhile winner.

It Pats fans who started the campaign to have Brennan canonised. A living Saint? ;)

Dodge
12/11/2013, 12:31 PM
Some trivia/stats on PFAI POTY nominations in recent years

http://statsthatarepointless.wordpress.com/2013/11/12/pfai-nominations/