PDA

View Full Version : Pro Evolution Soccer 4

Ruairi
15/10/2004, 12:54 PM
Anyone play this yet? It's absolutely superb. A lot more fluid and crisp then the last one, you really have to build up attacks from the back, it's harder to score, it looks a lot better, and it's far more enjoyable that pro evo 3. in fact, almost the perfect game. until pro evo 5 of course.

Closed Account 2
15/10/2004, 1:23 PM
Yeah been playing PES for years, got the new one last week - its pretty good alright.

Heres some Ireland stuff you can put in the game btw (either if youve got a modded ps2 or will get the PC version next month)

flags (http://img24.exs.cx/img24/2977/Ireland1.jpg)

kit (http://www.birmanpets.btinternet.co.uk/ire_we8.bmp)

yur man
15/10/2004, 1:30 PM
im gettin it for xbox next month, pro evo is always great

ccfcman
15/10/2004, 1:31 PM
Well I've always felt it was better evn in the SNES days, FIFA is pants, only churned out for 10 yr olds who get PCs at Christmas.

max power
15/10/2004, 1:35 PM
is it on the xbox. for legal reasons i can't mention the whole thing but my x box got an "upgrade" if yee know what i mean. wow god it kicks the ps2 so far into touch that it just isn't funny. but it needs more game developers to catch up with ps2 game wise.

got fifa, now bad. now tiger woods now thats game. :p

tetsujin1979
15/10/2004, 1:42 PM
I have Pro Evo 3, but we're getting broadband into the gaff, so I'm condsidering trading in a few games for Pro Evo 4 to paly online.

Pro Evo 3 broke my heart for the first 2-3 weeks, every tackle seemed to be a booking or a red card, then I got better at timing, now it's the mutts nuts!

Handy site for anyone - http://www.pesfan.com

Closed Account 2
15/10/2004, 1:50 PM
is it on the xbox. for legal reasons i can't mention the whole thing but my x box got an "upgrade" if yee know what i mean. wow god it kicks the ps2 so far into touch that it just isn't funny. but it needs more game developers to catch up with ps2 game wise.

got fifa, now bad. now tiger woods now thats game. :p

Comes out on xbox and pc next month, both will have some form of internet play.

PS - be careful if you go online with your "upgraded" xbox

max power
15/10/2004, 1:52 PM
don't need to be it works on normal and "turbo" settings ;) , was using it live last week so its ok :D

must get pro evo then on the x box

Éanna
16/10/2004, 2:52 PM
its absolute class.

Ruairi
16/10/2004, 3:08 PM
but you're really, really bad at it though

Poor Student
16/10/2004, 4:26 PM
FIFA has two major advantages over Pro Evo to get the edge in sales. It is easy to use and allows you far more flicks and tricks etc. plus it has many clubs and licences which allow real names of clubs, players and leagues. On the first thing, well it is the fundemental difference between the games and where Pro Evo beats FIFA hands down, the realistic quality and difficulty to master which is what matters to the mroe discerning gamer. And on the second front Pro Evo is begining to make progress with full licences for the Dutch, Italian and Spanish leagues as well as a good few of the international teams. If the can add the EPL to this next time it will give them a big edge. I'd love to see this game outdo FIFA in the sales some year. Konami have been making superior football games than EA since the days of the SNES. Bizarrely though Celtic have an odd strip and there is no hooped alternative available in the game to edit. Stange thing to leave out.

Ruairi
16/10/2004, 5:06 PM
Got to go and create the whole City squad now! You can even write Nissan on the jerseys of this one! ;)

when you do will you copy it onto my memory card for me? cheers xr

Supersonic_779
16/10/2004, 11:14 PM
It's good alright. Hard to score, and to bloody header crosses too. You have to think about everything. Once you pass, you have to move the receiving player, player a through ball, move receiving player, decide what method you'll use to score etc etc

Im tired........

GavinZac
17/10/2004, 9:12 AM
i'll probably go mental and convert the Dutch league into an irish league on monday. www.gamefaqs.com is good for any updates (transfer, crests etc) that you want to make! that and www.pesfan.com

aidz1
18/10/2004, 8:21 AM
think ill give pro ev 4 a miss this year and stay playin the pro ev 3 from last year...(finances dectate)
future tip: besides the best footie game is pro ev 5 ;)

ccfcman
18/10/2004, 8:30 AM
i'll probably go mental and convert the Dutch league into an irish league on monday. www.gamefaqs.com is good for any updates (transfer, crests etc) that you want to make! that and www.pesfan.com

Spot the die hard! I always do this with CM myse;f

GavinZac
18/10/2004, 11:25 AM
Spot the die hard! I always do this with CM myse;f

so did i but the National league has been in since 1999? i remember making leagues in CM97/98 alright, i used the scots league, the top two division were league teams, the next was a mix of the senior league teams, and the bottom was a mix of fellas i hang around with and leeds / rockmount youth teams

Ruairi
18/10/2004, 11:48 AM
i got a beaut with zidane from 25 yards, keeper rooted to the spot and he wtached it go in, saved it on the memory card and everything. pity it wasn't against eanna, but you can;t have everything.

GavinZac
18/10/2004, 1:15 PM
mine still hasnt arrived from www.cdwow.ie . l angers :mad:

brendy_éire
18/10/2004, 1:54 PM
Not all that impressed with it really. IMO, there's no real improvements over the previous version. Same can be said for FIFA 2005.
FIFA especially used to be good at adding improvements to the game year on year, but now they seem just to be bringing out a new game every year for the sake of it.