PDA

View Full Version : Transfers and next years squad

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

De Town
07/11/2013, 10:35 AM
So Cousins is getting another year at the helm. Terrible decision in my opinion but nothing can be done now.

Weighing up this years squad, if we could manage it, I'd keep the following:

Bennion
Haverty
Tyrrell
Hope
Salmon
Shaw
Purdy
O'Sullivan
Treacy
Quinn
O'Hanlon
Gorman
Connolly

I'd let Nkololo and Isichei go. Hunt, Deans, Willo, O'Neill, Doyle and McCarthy would all be maybes as squad fillers. Obviously it's unlikely we'll keep all the ones I've listed above, I'm just listing them as ones I'd like to keep.

The defence is the area that needs most work. Our lack of organisation rather than the personnel involved was our main down fall this season. I'd expect Gorman and Connolly to move on unfortunately which would leave the midfield needing serious work too.

L.T.F.C.
07/11/2013, 10:54 AM
I'd say Gorman won't be going anywhere. Sully will be with us next year! Telling ye!

Tiki-Taka
07/11/2013, 11:00 AM
It'll be a tough job to keep Sullivan after the season he's had. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Dundalk... hope I'm wrong, though! And O'Hanlon is on trial at Peterborough at the moment, so we'll have to wait and see what happens there.

I heard a rumour that Connolly would have signed up on the spot if we had beaten Bray, but as that obviously didn't happen I'd say the chances of having him next season are remote.

Is Ebbe persona non grata at the club now?

Longfordian
07/11/2013, 11:50 AM
Hope was talking about retiring as he's been picking up more and more injuries. He'd be a big loss.

outspoken
07/11/2013, 11:57 AM
So Cousins is getting another year at the helm. Terrible decision in my opinion but nothing can be done now.

Bennion
Haverty
Tyrrell
Hope
Salmon
Shaw
Purdy
O'Sullivan
Treacy
Quinn
O'Hanlon
Gorman
Connolly

I'd let Nkololo and Isichei go. Hunt, Deans, Willo, O'Neill, Doyle and McCarthy would all be maybes as squad fillers. Obviously it's unlikely we'll keep all the ones I've listed above, I'm just listing them as ones I'd like to keep.

The defence is the area that needs most work. Our lack of organisation rather than the personnel involved was our main down fall this season. I'd expect Gorman and Connolly to move on unfortunately which would leave the midfield needing serious work too.

I'd agree with most there but I wouldn't keep treacy I thought he was awful at times this season. I can't see us keeping Purdy.

rossi_eire
07/11/2013, 5:52 PM

Bennion
Haverty
Tyrrell
Hope
Salmon
Shaw
Purdy
O'Sullivan
Treacy
Quinn
O'Hanlon
Gorman
Connolly

Chris Deans provided leadership when it mattered most and was our outstanding player for the past month or so. He deserves to be retained. I would be sad to see Doyle leave. I believe he deserved more game time.

IrishRossi
07/11/2013, 6:04 PM
deans is handy to have as back up

Martinho II
07/11/2013, 7:45 PM
I would agree with Corrie Treacy to be let go. For a person that was a key part of Limerick's side in 2012 in getting promoted he only made 19 appearances this season and was out suspended for the rest. I wouldnt have him as he reminds me of Alan Reynolds!

Longfordian
07/11/2013, 7:48 PM
Treacy has ability, though he didn't show it often enough. He was injured for a month or six weeks or so wasn't he? He did get sent off too many times though.

Martinho II
07/11/2013, 7:56 PM
Treacy has ability, though he didn't show it often enough. He was injured for a month or six weeks or so wasn't he? He did get sent off too many times though.

yep as far as I can remember yes. He was sent off at least three times this season for us..I have just compiled this seasons appearances stats and goals stats for our website which is how I know he made 19 appearances for us..

outspoken
07/11/2013, 9:20 PM
yep as far as I can remember yes. He was sent off at least three times this season for us..I have just compiled this seasons appearances stats and goals stats for our website which is how I know he made 19 appearances for us..

If he stays I'd have him as a right back as he has pace and good ball ability but as a centre half he's a liability as shown with his disciplinary record this season.

Tiki-Taka
11/11/2013, 5:15 PM
Looks like Keith Quinn is moving on anyway...

https://twitter.com/Kquinn8/statuses/399961838487871488

"Like to thank Longford fc and all the fans wish them the very best next season with promotion"

Longfordian
11/11/2013, 5:59 PM
That's a pity, he had a very good end to the season. I see Sully is retweeting people begging him to stay, the tease.

outspoken
11/11/2013, 7:03 PM
Keith Quinn was brilliant in the run in, with the right manager behind him there's huge talent in there, best of luck to him.

Macy
11/11/2013, 9:55 PM
He's that arsed about us he can't even get our name right.

Darklordsbane
14/11/2013, 5:03 PM
i heard Rhys is staying anyone else ?

Longfordian
14/11/2013, 5:16 PM
Might be a bit more news at the end of season dinner tomorrow maybe. I can't go this year unfortunately but I'm sure there'll be plenty of drunken conversations had between players, staff and fans! We could do with a few bits of good news to keep us going until February.

outspoken
14/11/2013, 5:53 PM
. I'm sure there'll be plenty of drunken conversations had between players, staff and fans!.

Would that be the time to ask for a signature and hope they don't notice it's a new contract :)

Longfordian
14/11/2013, 5:56 PM
"Can you just sign here to confirm that you got your Player Of The Year award please Davy?"

IrishRossi
14/11/2013, 5:58 PM
right time get cracking writeing up new contracts for them to sign

L.T.F.C.
14/11/2013, 6:12 PM
These are the lads on the PFAI list at the minute.

Deans
Quinn
Purdy
Hunt
Isichei

The Don is on there too. Man... the Don and Sully up front!

Martinho II
14/11/2013, 7:04 PM
I hope Dan Purdy doesnt leave us. I would imagine that Chris Deans will retire if he came out of retirement just for the playoffs. The rest of the the players on the PFAI list i can survive without them.. BTW did anyone see the Sun today Bohs are tryin to get Sully and Jason Byrne signed up!

IrishRossi
14/11/2013, 7:07 PM
think i seen that on twitter martinho, hope we keep purdy anyway

Longfordian
14/11/2013, 7:37 PM
Quinn would have been useful to have around but he's relatively replaceable. No doubting Purdy's talent, he can be inconsistent but he's still young. Thought Deans being on the list was a bit strange alright, maybe he's decided he can play on but hasn't agreed anything with Tony yet.

IrishRossi
16/11/2013, 11:29 AM
sully has signed and bennion is to talk to tony tues

Longfordian
16/11/2013, 11:45 AM
Yeah Rhys is staying on too. Confirmation of who's signed back so far here:

http://ltfc.ie/index.php/ltfc-2013-awards/#more-4889

Great start to the squad building. Keeping Havo, Sully and Rhys is great news. Hopefully Bennion will sign on again too.

IrishRossi
16/11/2013, 1:39 PM
we should have a good squad again next year

Martinho II
16/11/2013, 7:29 PM
I was told by the club last night that Chris Bennion is definitely staying which is fantastic news. Des Hope has confirmed on twitter that he is gone from us. I am made up with the signings made so far.. Sully is a coup I suppose it helps that he is in a secure job in the bank.

Longfordian
16/11/2013, 9:07 PM
Need to prioritise signing a couple of first choice centre backs I reckon. The rest of the team is shaping up well.

IrishRossi
17/11/2013, 7:39 PM
chris had said to me he wants to stay but had to talk to tony

outspoken
19/11/2013, 1:01 PM
That meeting is today so hopefully we get word of Benno re-signing shortly

Macy
19/11/2013, 1:47 PM
That meeting is today so hopefully we get word of Benno re-signing shortly
Either that, or details of TC's murder.

IrishRossi
19/11/2013, 1:48 PM
Either that, or details of TC's murder.
what about both benno signed and TC gone

Martinho II
19/11/2013, 9:30 PM
http://ltfc.ie/index.php/bennion-and-shannon-sign-up/

theres your answer! delighted that benos back!

ex bohs winger Lorcan Shannon has also signed. Anyone know anything about him?

Longfordian
19/11/2013, 10:27 PM
Ex Shamrock Rovers, shockingly! Didn't see much of him but from what I can recall he was decent enough on the ball but quite slight physically. Good that Bennion is back.

Town Legend
19/11/2013, 10:38 PM
Glad Bennion has resigned. Be interesting to see who Cousins has lined up for centre back. I heard a rumour that Hope could be signing for the new Galway club if he proves his fitness. I thought he was retiring. Either way I would of preferred to see him re-sign for us as he was our best centre back when fit.

fitzpatrick10
20/11/2013, 1:40 AM
Be interesting to see who Cousins has lined up for centre back.
would love to see us sign garthland..

outspoken
20/11/2013, 8:32 AM
would love to see us sign garthland..

Garto is an absoutle club legend but I honestly think his legs are gone and it's quick centre halfs that we need. Ever since TC was here we've always had slow centre backs....John Lester, Deans, Maccer even Hope wouldn't be the quickest and it's cost us many times over the years.

Lorcan Shannon is a superb signing in my eyes as he can play left full or wide left and has good ball control and pace, maybe we've finally replaced Tommo Crawley as he used to play both positions. Connolly didn't receive rave reviews when we signed him so it just goes to show what a chance in the first division can do for players, I'm getting excited with this squad!

Martinho II
20/11/2013, 7:10 PM
I have to admit that I know nothing about Lorcan Shannon -but Outspoken you seem confident in him so I trust your judgment!

fitzpatrick10
21/11/2013, 9:58 AM
etanda said he is not sure if he will sign back as his knee is still bad

Keen2win
21/11/2013, 6:15 PM
What did ye say about that section O curse?

Longfordian
21/11/2013, 7:05 PM
Stay well away from sponsoring Sully next year lads.

Acornvilla
21/11/2013, 11:46 PM
Could ye sponsor a few Galway,Harps,Waterford and Shels players instead?

I figure everyone but Wexford and a new club (if they appear) will be fairly similar in quality*

outspoken
24/11/2013, 5:35 PM
I've seen in a few places now a rumour linking athlone assistant manager with us, could be what we need down on the touch line.

Longfordian
24/11/2013, 5:53 PM
I've seen in a few places now a rumour linking athlone assistant manager with us, could be what we need down on the touch line.

Which assistant? Surely not Micky O'Connor?

Town Legend
24/11/2013, 5:57 PM
O'Connor left Athlone in June. I can't see it being him. We'd be as well to bring back John Cleary if O'Connor is been considered!!

atfconline
24/11/2013, 5:59 PM
First team coach, Graham Lawlor. Roddy was quoted as calling him his best signing.

Longfordian
24/11/2013, 6:06 PM
First team coach, Graham Lawlor. Roddy was quoted as calling him his best signing.

That sounds a lot more plausible! Presumably he's not interested in moving to Derry? If he was responsible for organising your defence he's exactly what we need.

Martinho II
24/11/2013, 7:20 PM
Graham Lawlor played under Roddy in his first season in charge of Bohs in 98-99 season... As Longfordian said earlier if that is the case snap him up as it was noticeable Athlone's form really picked up once MOC went!

Captain2007
24/11/2013, 8:28 PM
Graham Lawlor played under Roddy in his first season in charge of Bohs in 98-99 season... As Longfordian said earlier if that is the case snap him up as it was noticeable Athlone's form really picked up once MOC went!

Graham's a good coach, Cooke did everything to keep him, gets on well with cousins and would know some of the current squad from his time in Bray, he had to retire from playing early due to horrendous injuries...would be a good addition and is not a yes man.