PDA

View Full Version : Drumcondra fans

toffeejay
29/10/2013, 6:57 PM
Weird question I know but what happened to Drumcondra's fan base? I know all clubs have seen their support dwindle but I'm wondering what did Drumcondra fans do once the club ceased to exist.

Unlike Home Farm, St James Gate etc Drumcondra would have had a big support and their folding/merging happened only 7 seasons after their last title and 15 years after their main success in the league.

I'm wondering if most went to Bohs as the best local option, continue with Home Farm or did they just give up on LoI football?

Is anyone a former Drumcondra fan on here?

Mr A
29/10/2013, 8:07 PM
One of them became Taoiseach and played a major role in fecking over the country. :(

SkStu
01/11/2013, 12:42 AM
Weird question I know but what happened to Drumcondra's fan base? I know all clubs have seen their support dwindle but I'm wondering what did Drumcondra fans do once the club ceased to exist.

Unlike Home Farm, St James Gate etc Drumcondra would have had a big support and their folding/merging happened only 7 seasons after their last title and 15 years after their main success in the league.

I'm wondering if most went to Bohs as the best local option, continue with Home Farm or did they just give up on LoI football?

Is anyone a former Drumcondra fan on here?

Drumcondra69er is an old Drums fan. He switched to Bohs as quite a few did. There's a good few of them active on the Bohs mb.