PDA

View Full Version : Spelling & Punctuation

GavinZac
13/10/2004, 9:32 AM
Must Agree With Sss,o'neill Is By Far The Worst Ref In El.seen Him Officate At Many Games Around The Country And He Does His Best To Spiol Them.saw Him Issue 9 Yellow Cards At The Rams V Lims Cup Tie,a Very Clean Open Game And A Good Ref Would Have Maybe Issued 1 Or 2.
O 'neill Is Not Alone,he Is Only One Of A Bunch.a Proper System Of Assessment Must Be Put In Place As Under Current System Nothing Will Change.
This Is Something That Effects All Fans/clubs ,so Maybe We Could Fight It On A United Front.

Good To See Other People Admire The Good Foley.

it must be a lot of effort to hit shift/capslock at the start of every word, why not give it a go without doing that. It would also be easier to read :)

A face
13/10/2004, 10:03 PM
shift/capslock at the start of every word

Depends on the browser !!

patsh
14/10/2004, 6:57 AM
Is Shedend.com some sort of grammar/punctuation police force?

thecorner
14/10/2004, 7:37 AM

nah he just likes to argue

if he spent more time looking after his own site than coming on here arguing he'd be doing alrgiht

GavinZac
14/10/2004, 9:14 AM

i thought you were going to ignore my posts from now on, i'd quite warmed to the idea.

nah he just likes to argue

if he spent more time looking after his own site than coming on here arguing he'd be doing alrgiht

i wasnt arguing, i was trying to help a new user :confused:

and i agree, the site is ******ed at the moment, database issues :(

patsh
14/10/2004, 10:50 AM
i thought you were going to ignore my posts from now on, i'd quite warmed to the idea.

Who are you?

dahamsta
14/10/2004, 10:59 AM
For what it's worth, I agree with ShedEnd.com. What a waste of time an effort, all in a deluded attempt to garner attention. Pathetic.

adam

the 12 th man
14/10/2004, 11:00 AM

its the inquisition...........NOBODY expects the inquisition ...... :D :D

patsh
14/10/2004, 11:24 AM
For what it's worth, I agree with ShedEnd.com. What a waste of time an effort, all in a deluded attempt to garner attention. Pathetic.

adam
I don't know which is more pathetic, your time and effort in intervening in this thread, or your pop psycology attempt at trying to read my mind or motive.

Now, adam, this is your site, you can do what you like on it, but criticising a poster on their punctuation, something the same poster is not exactly perfect at either, has nothing to do with Jim O'Neill, the thread the criticism was posted on.

There is a double standard here. It's acceptable to criticise another poster for their grammar, but not acceptable to question the criticism.

James
14/10/2004, 12:02 PM
*yawn*
what a stupid and boring thread!

glad this is in off topics and not the city forum :)

dahamsta
14/10/2004, 1:05 PM
I wasn't talking to you patsh. I haven't even seen the other part of the thread, this part was split out before I posted here; and the citicism was levelled at CRAMBLER, not you. So either keep your nose out of what doesn't concern you or check your facts before you post, m'kay?

James, if it bores you, why are you posting? You're not bored are you? :)

adam

joeSoap
14/10/2004, 1:11 PM
Now Now Ladies....a bit of decorum and harmony....we're all friends of football here... :D

Quick someone....get the saucers of milk out.....

Macy
14/10/2004, 1:37 PM
glad this is in off topics and not the city forum :)
Careful James, Or I Might Move It Back.

At Least It's Not txtspk m8...

GavinZac
14/10/2004, 2:09 PM
There is a double standard here. It's acceptable to criticise another poster for their grammar, but not acceptable to question the criticism.

i didnt say anything about his spelling or grammar, i asked why he bothered to press shift eleventy billion times?

and you must be the only one who doesnt know who I am, its pretty obvious.

joeSoap
14/10/2004, 2:14 PM
i didnt say anything about his spelling or grammar, i asked why he bothered to press shift eleventy billion times?

Obviously you didn't...eleventy....what's eleventy?
What's eleventy??? :D :D

GavinZac
14/10/2004, 2:16 PM
Obviously you didn't.....eleventy??...

seventy plus forty ;)

joeSoap
14/10/2004, 2:17 PM
ahhh right...ninety plus forty = thirteenity, right?? :D

pineapple stu
14/10/2004, 6:26 PM
Obviously you didn't...eleventy....what's eleventy?

Did you never read Lord of the Rings?! :eek: ;)

Fair_play_boy
15/10/2004, 11:28 AM
Did you never read Lord of the Rings?! :eek: ;)This thread is stuck somewhere in Mirkwood, methinks. Off to slay some orcs in the RSC meself now. Come on, hobbitses. :p