PDA

View Full Version : 90 minutes left

Darklordsbane
18/10/2013, 8:56 PM
Considering what happened players injured and sent off 1 nil is not the end of the world

IrishRossi
18/10/2013, 9:13 PM
and ill be trying me best to get back after work for the match, even if i have to go to the match in my work clothes

Longfordian
18/10/2013, 11:02 PM
1-0 down after 65 minutes or so with ten men is far from a disaster. Can't comment on the sending off as I wasn't there but Treacy was just back from a ban after getting sent off v Mervue the last time. He's either very unlucky or they're too quick for him. Still in with a good shout would have taken that score after 30 mins.

Town Legend
18/10/2013, 11:34 PM
1-0, all to play for. It could of been a lot worse. What was the ref doing with the Treacy decision, no way was that a red. I have to admit when I heard who was officiating I knew he'd do us. On a different note I heard a few Town fans discussing Athlone and apparently Athlone are behind on some wages by a couple of weeks. Roddy working his magic again??!!!

Longfordian
19/10/2013, 12:47 AM
Speculation is rife but it gets wilder every time I hear it. Like most things LOI the truth is probably in the middle.

outspoken
19/10/2013, 9:01 AM
Leaving the game last night I really didn't know what to think to be honest. On one hand I did say going to the game if we lost 1-0 it wouldn't be the end of the world but now that it's happened I'm obviously disappointed.

Starting with the positives we didn't only hold on with 10 men we hit the woodwork 3 times and forced their keeper into some fine saves. If we create as many chances at home you'd expect us to take them.

On the negative. Cousins team selection was ridiculous, why was treacy playing holding midfield? Why was Purdy through the middle and why does he stick with that clown Derek O'Brien? Ebbe must be wondering what he has to do to get a start when O'Brien isn't even trying at times. I was also absolutely shocked to see Sully go off considering he was our greatest threat second half and was plucking balls out of the sky that no other player could. Was he thinking of next week perhaps?

We have beaten mervue by 2 goals all season so you can't expect that to happen next week, if we're going to do this Itl be an extra time and penalties job.

Hopefully a huge crowd turns out at the CCS next week and we get the place hoping. Huge credit to the massive town contingent that traveled and backed the team before, during and after.

fitzpatrick10
19/10/2013, 4:30 PM
1-0 , obviously not great but could of been far worse so for that reason ill take it, any word on rhys ?

Martinho II
19/10/2013, 6:15 PM
In hindsight I am hopin that Mervue will rue their chances that they missed. I was very disappointed goin home but today I think we could do them at home as our home record is better than away! we were unlucky with Shaws twice hittin crossbar and Ryan Connolly..

Salmon Coloured
22/10/2013, 10:48 AM
Folks do away goals count in this & the playoff final? Sadly looks like i wont be making either now due to heavily pregnant wife.

Mr A
22/10/2013, 11:54 AM
Away goals don't count in playoffs.

Was at the game the other night (albeit pretty late). Mervue played some great football but didn't make it count on the scoreboard while Longford managed to create chances and could easily have nicked a draw. Could not understand taking O'Sullivan off. Maybe he had a knock but it seemed he was causing real problems and it did not make sense.

L.T.F.C.
22/10/2013, 3:13 PM
Saving him for Friday!

outspoken
23/10/2013, 6:14 PM
Kevin O'Regan (Kerry) to referee Friday's 2nd leg.

fitzpatrick10
26/10/2013, 11:57 PM
anyone know what the attendance was ??

Darklordsbane
27/10/2013, 7:31 AM
It says 999

outspoken
27/10/2013, 8:05 PM
It says 999

999 given as official attendance but defo over 1000 in attendance as a good few arrived late in, felt like far more to be honest, amazing atmosphere

Bosco
28/10/2013, 8:14 AM
Why is it everyone keeps talking about people coming in late just to prove the attendance was over 1,000. I presume they don't stop counting the attendance once the game kicks off.

outspoken
28/10/2013, 8:42 AM
Why is it everyone keeps talking about people coming in late just to prove the attendance was over 1,000. I presume they don't stop counting the attendance once the game kicks off.

A few people arrived at half time and even after that ;)

Martinho II
28/10/2013, 1:20 PM
A few people arrived at half time and even after that ;)

I know one girl that came in just before the penalty shootout- she couldnt get out of work at all in time

outspoken
28/10/2013, 2:55 PM
I know one girl that came in just before the penalty shootout- she couldnt get out of work at all in time

Nice to see you following my twitter timeline so closely Marty haha.

L.T.F.C.
28/10/2013, 3:03 PM
They don't count season tickets in CCS.

outspoken
29/10/2013, 1:38 PM
They don't count season tickets in CCS.

That would explain it so as they were taking season tickets the other night despite it being a play-off game.