PDA

View Full Version : (Very early) Transfer gossip/squad retention

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

shep
16/10/2013, 2:36 PM
With the league over (congrats Pats),silly season can commence.Dundalk rumoured to be after Kilduff and speculation that Richie Towell has signed a new deal!! Any other stories doing the rounds???

colonelwest
16/10/2013, 3:03 PM
Confirmed from Gav McLoughlin from the Dundalk Democrat:

Andy Boyle and John Mountney have penned new deals at @DundalkFC (https://twitter.com/DundalkFC) for 2014. More, including Towell and O'Donnell, expected to do the same

Ciaran Bond on the radio too saying should have a few more announced by the weekend.

Sam_Heggy
16/10/2013, 3:03 PM
Ryan McBride of Derry supposed to have agreed a pre-contract with Dundalk.

colonelwest
16/10/2013, 3:17 PM
Quigleys rumoured to have has his contract cancelled with Rovers too

Charlie Darwin
16/10/2013, 3:21 PM
With the league over (congrats Pats),silly season can commence.Dundalk rumoured to be after Kilduff and speculation that Richie Towell has signed a new deal!! Any other stories doing the rounds???
Kilduff is signed until the end of 2014 so Dundalk would need to stump up to break the contract. Then again, I've seen more bizarre decisions by the powers that be in Tallaght this season.

Dillonman
16/10/2013, 3:40 PM
Confirmed from Gav McLoughlin from the Dundalk Democrat:

Ciaran Bond on the radio too saying should have a few more announced by the weekend.

Both confirmed by club also:
http://www.dundalkfc.com/mountney-confirmed-for-season-2014/

http://www.dundalkfc.com/boyle-re-signs-for-2014/

Jofspring
16/10/2013, 4:32 PM
We signed up Robbie Williams and Craig Curran till the end of 2014 a few months back. Danny Galbraith is also under contract till the end of 2014 but that's since he signed.

wonder88
16/10/2013, 7:39 PM
I think that Felix Healy said last week on setanta that Stephen Kenny was a great admirer of Kilduff, so no surprise if he is on his way to Dundalk. He will be a great signing for the Oriel outfit if he goes there. No point in him hanging around in Tallaght any longer, think he is 25 and seems to be ambitious to further his career at higher level.

PartySaint
16/10/2013, 7:55 PM
think he is 25 and seems to be ambitious to further his career at higher level.

Don't forget only ambitious players go to Tallaght.

Charlie Darwin
16/10/2013, 8:21 PM
Don't forget only ambitious players go to Tallaght.
It worked for Rohan Ricketts.

thomas72
16/10/2013, 9:24 PM
Shane Dugan to limerick fc heard it here first ;)

A face
17/10/2013, 2:43 AM
Shane Dugan to limerick fc heard it here first ;)

But where did you hear it?

peterpan
17/10/2013, 4:48 AM
Word in cork is.... Kilduff to pats, Duggan to limerick and garoid morrissy back across the water. Danny north to cork and gamble to cork.

White Horse
17/10/2013, 9:17 AM
Dane Massey and Darren Meenan have re-signed for 2014.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/massey-and-meenan-confirmed-for-2014/

Dillonman
17/10/2013, 12:40 PM
Stephen O'Donnell confirmed:

http://www.dundalkfc.com/dundalk-secure-odonnell-for-2014/

avvenalaf
17/10/2013, 12:55 PM
Word in cork is.... Kilduff to pats, Duggan to limerick and garoid morrissy back across the water. Danny north to cork and gamble to cork.

And Horgan to Sligo Rovers?

bluewhitearmy
17/10/2013, 2:41 PM
Talk around lastnight about Elding and Duggan to us. Wouldnt be surprised if Joe did go back to Cork but id like him to stay.

Louth4sam
17/10/2013, 4:09 PM
Hoban, Towell and Byrne all re-sign for Dundalk. This is the first time in a VERY long time we have been able to hold on to our better players. With the two Rovers, Derry and Limerick all likely to be stronger next season I think we will have to strengthen to remain competitive.

Mr A
17/10/2013, 4:11 PM
With the two Rovers, Derry and Limerick all likely to be stronger next season I think we will have to strengthen to remain competitive.

What makes you say that? Shamrock Rovers should get better as they have the biggest budget and you'd think they'd get it together at some stage, but just wondering what the others are based on at this early stage?

Louth4sam
17/10/2013, 4:19 PM
What makes you say that? Shamrock Rovers should get better as they have the biggest budget and you'd think they'd get it together at some stage, but just wondering what the others are based on at this early stage?

I think Limerick made a lot of good young signings with plenty of potential and they have looked stronger as the season has gone on. Even with existing personnel I think they would be stronger. There seems to be a bit of money down there. I'm not saying they will challenge but a few decent signings and they could get Europe.
Sligo have a decent budget and challenged this year despite not playing to their potential. One or two signings and they will be a very strong outfit.
Derry I'm just basing on how poor of a season they have had this year. I think a lot of their players let them down. There was only a handful of points in it at the halfway stage and they have gone on a terrible run. A change of manager and they could be challenging again.

oriel
17/10/2013, 6:37 PM
Hoban, Towell and Byrne all re-sign for Dundalk. This is the first time in a VERY long time we have been able to hold on to our better players. With the two Rovers, Derry and Limerick all likely to be stronger next season I think we will have to strengthen to remain competitive.

I think you would have to go back to 1991 for the last time Dundalk have kept together the best players from a sucessful season. We won the league that year, and most stayed on.

What a change it will be to have the same quality players onboard for a second season, usually its a clear out with less than 5 staying. From 2012, only Cherrie was a starter, Mountney was the other one, he played about half.

I'm not so sure about Derry challenging, seem to be going through a transistion, as for Limerick, I think they'll be happy again to consolidate, but when they return to the Markets Field, I'd say it will be a different story.

Towell signing is a huge lift, looks like the main sponsors helped out, hopefully him alone with attract even better players.

Plus it will also give the shed boys another good year to sing about not selling him........

nigel-harps1954
17/10/2013, 8:22 PM
I'm hearing Derry have lost a lot of money this season due to awful attendances all year and will be cutting their budget massively next season. Players like Rafter, Houston, Griffin and a few more to be released.

White Horse
17/10/2013, 8:24 PM
Players like Rafter, Houston, Griffin and a few more to be released.

Griffin to be released? They haven't paid for him yet.

Flawless
18/10/2013, 2:35 AM
Great to see, and great that the players are so enthusiastic about re-signing. The Kenny factor is a big thing at Oriel..

On Cherrie, we may struggle to keep him. Word on the street is that he's keen on a return to Scotland, almost went during the summer, hence the reason Conor Winn was signed after his release from Rovers, but Kenny convinced him to see out the season. Hopefully we can tie him down, but it may be beyond the club.

GCdfc
18/10/2013, 8:07 AM
I have to say that I really am delighted that Dundalk have signed up most of the must keep players for next season!

Dunny
18/10/2013, 8:21 AM
Cherrie nxt please.

desaintsno.12
18/10/2013, 9:15 AM
Talk of Kilduff to us (Pats) or Dundalk is ridiculous IMO. I like to bash Shamrocks, but i really cant see them being that stupid. It makes far far more sense to either keep him (most likely IMO) or loan him back to a mid/lower table team where he can take points of other teams and then wont be allowed play against them. letting us or Dundalk have him would be a massive clanger

Dodge
18/10/2013, 9:24 AM
Pats will keep most of the squad and 1/2 will head over to Tallaght. Same as last year

shep
18/10/2013, 9:47 AM
Could be a cracking league next year with Pats Rovers Sligo and Ourselves (Dundalk) sure to be as strong if not stronger than last season.I am pleasantly surprised at how quickly Dundalk have tied down key players and I am sure Kenny has a few new additions ear marked.

GCdfc
18/10/2013, 1:16 PM
Shields and Gartland with Dundalk for 2014!

http://www.dundalkfc.com/shields-and-gartland-agree-new-deals/

oriel
18/10/2013, 2:18 PM
We almost have a first XI signed up already for 2014, this is just incredible speed by the club.

oriel
18/10/2013, 2:20 PM
Kilduff is signed until the end of 2014 so Dundalk would need to stump up to break the contract. Then again, I've seen more bizarre decisions by the powers that be in Tallaght this season.

He could look for (very) early retirement :D

SwanVsDalton
20/10/2013, 3:49 PM
Griffin to be released? They haven't paid for him yet.

But we still have the receipt and he's been barely opened.

dundalkfc10
20/10/2013, 6:36 PM
But we still have the receipt and he's been barely opened.

You can keep him in fairness, Until his attitude on and off the pitch improves he will never make it even in the LOI

Dillonman
21/10/2013, 11:12 PM
Roddy confirmed in todays star paper that he has got his p45 from athlone and he has instructed his solicitor to open talks about deals in other leagues. He said he wont rule out returning to athlone if the budget is right and he cheekily said hes not talking about his wages.

ATFC-1887
22/10/2013, 12:47 AM
Bit annoying that we havent signed Roddy up already. As of now he is not our manager. Hearing alot of things going on. Rumoured to be in talks with Cork, Derry and Drogs. If he leaves, he leaves. I will, along with all other Athlone fans, be very ****ed off but what can you do. Once we dont end up with Matthews or the likes it will be grand. Only worrying thing is Roddy will more than likely take our few best players with him. Hopefully its all sorted out soon.

Spudulika
22/10/2013, 5:26 AM
Bit annoying that we havent signed Roddy up already. As of now he is not our manager. Hearing alot of things going on. Rumoured to be in talks with Cork, Derry and Drogs. If he leaves, he leaves. I will, along with all other Athlone fans, be very ****ed off but what can you do. Once we dont end up with Matthews or the likes it will be grand. Only worrying thing is Roddy will more than likely take our few best players with him. Hopefully its all sorted out soon.

At least if he does go it means you won't go bang! Always look on the bright side of life! :-)

PartySaint
22/10/2013, 7:49 AM
Getting rid of Roddy now might be the best thing for Athlone, he got his job done by getting you promoted and if the board are saying he can't have the money he wants fair play to them because trey are obviously trying to run the club the right way. There are some very good experienced LOI managers out there who would do a decent job at Athlone in the Premier, Pete Mahon and Mick Cooke would be the first 2 that spring to mind.

White Horse
22/10/2013, 8:06 AM
As others are saying, Roddy has done the business getting Athlone promoted. If he choses to go elsewhere, Athlone should still be able to pick up a top manager.

Some years, available quality managers are thin on the ground. However, with Mick Cooke being turfed out of Drogheda, one of the top managers is available.

MiniMourinho
22/10/2013, 9:49 AM
Mick Cooke being 'turfed' out of Drogheda would be a red flag for me if i was a prospective employer. Why would a successful manager be dropped? Mick Cooke is not being offered a new contract next year in Drogheda for similar reasons to those by which Athlone are not resigning Roddy. Athlone receive credit, whereas drogheda get lambasted. Go figure.

Dodge
22/10/2013, 12:34 PM
Mick Cooke being 'turfed' out of Drogheda would be a red flag for me if i was a prospective employer. Why would a successful manager be dropped? Mick Cooke is not being offered a new contract next year in Drogheda for similar reasons to those by which Athlone are not resigning Roddy. Athlone receive credit, whereas drogheda get lambasted. Go figure.

They're not exactly the same though. Mick Cooke didn't walk away from Drogheda. In fact he's still telling people he'd like the job there. He might have asked for €x but did Drogheda say "no, and we've no intention of keeping you around"? Seems that way

dejadem
22/10/2013, 1:35 PM
Mick Cooke being 'turfed' out of Drogheda would be a red flag for me if i was a prospective employer.

The only people who view Mick Cooke as non-employable are those who back the club on his removal.

ATFC-1887
22/10/2013, 3:36 PM
From what i gather, Roddy has asked for x amount and Athlone wont give it to him. He will be offered a budget soon and if he rejects it he wont get anymore than what we offered and he will go elsewhere. Mick Cooke is the main name rumoured to get offered the job should Roddy leave. Hearing strong rumours saying Roddy will be Cork manager next year.

Charlie Darwin
24/10/2013, 9:51 PM
Isn't Callaghan taking a job at UCD next season?

The budget argument has been done many times before in this league. Whose fault it is if the club overspends tends to come down to whether you like that particular manager or not - Derry overspent and Nutsy got the blame from most, other clubs have overspent and it was the board going nuts. I don't buy for a second that Roddy Collins has the charisma to sweet-talk that many chairmen any more than I thought Nutsy was a master of persuasion in Derry.

atfconline
24/10/2013, 10:19 PM
Down in Mervue last week. (http://foot.ie/threads/184356-90-minutes-left?p=1717031&viewfull=1#post1717031) Funny that. :)

Battery Rover
24/10/2013, 10:30 PM
Down in Mervue last week. (http://foot.ie/threads/184356-90-minutes-left?p=1717031&viewfull=1#post1717031) Funny that. :)

Robert Reid was right on Twitter some of them have an unhealthy interest in us. If I was them I would be more worried about trying to beat Mervue.

Mr A
24/10/2013, 10:43 PM
Folks- you can't throw allegations around without a source / proof. http://foot.ie/faq.php?faq=rules

Battery Rover
24/10/2013, 10:48 PM
We don't owe money so that can be knocked on the head straight away. As for O'Callaghan we had that bluffer already a few years ago. It would be almost impossible to find a supporter who would want him back.

nigel-harps1954
24/10/2013, 10:52 PM
I know Athlone had the higest budget in the division, but far as I'm aware it wasn't anything substantial. If anything, they would have been having trouble earlier in the season when their crowds were poor, not towards the end of the season when they were getting a much larger income.

ATFC-1887
24/10/2013, 11:01 PM
Seen a few Longford fans saying we owe money. We do not owe any money to any players. Everyone has got every penny they have earned.