PDA

View Full Version : Fickle Fans

loscherland
13/10/2004, 10:31 AM
Just had a go at one of the lads who's decided "not to bother" goin to the match tonight!...

Why! I asked...

"i got injured in football last night so not in the mood for a lot of standing"
- Thats the worst excuse I've ever heard!

Then he says:

"anyway its gonna **** rain later"

Knob end!

That sort of crap is typical with Irish fans when it comes to Ireland playing against 'lesser' opposition! Anyone else come accross this for tonights game!?
- I think we should name & shame them!!!

Alan Kinsella, stand up & take a bow.

zinedineontour
13/10/2004, 10:57 AM
yeah same withthe lad from my work. Not going if it rains tmow ! **** that. Also heard a girl on the bus talking about her trip to paris for the game . The bloke beside her asked her was she going to the game tonight and she asked whos playing ?

loscherland
13/10/2004, 11:06 AM
I'm going to make it my mission to get my hands on a spare ticket for the France game so I can wave it in his face & say; "I was gona give this to you but thought you probably wouldn't be botherd goin cause your leg might be sore & it will probably rain" :)

"Who's playin?" - That's classic!

zinedineontour
13/10/2004, 11:20 AM
I'm going to make it my mission to get my hands on a spare ticket for the France game so I can wave it in his face & say; "I was gona give this to you but thought you probably wouldn't be botherd goin cause your leg might be sore & it will probably rain" :)

"Who's playin?" - That's classic!

Yeah good idea with the french game have 2 for french game at how i could not get rid off did my best offered them out for free and everything to irish nobody needed any that i met...

Yeah gave your one on the bus dagger looks stupid cow.

loscherland
13/10/2004, 11:30 AM
Yea we gave away a ticket to this ozzie bloke who said he wanted to go to the game... and of course there was an empty seat beside us when we got to the stadium!

Think I might change the writing on the Flag for the France game to:

"West Stand Suits, where were you for the Faroe Game?!"

SuperSaints
13/10/2004, 12:49 PM
It's beyond a joke. In the upper tier for the France game we were being told to sit down. We withstood the abuse for most of the first half but then had to move over to a standing, singing section. They weren't even standing for the song "stand up for the boys in green", so we started a rendition of "Sit down for the boys in green" and "Andy Grays bar stool army". Glad I got that off my chest.

G-Man
13/10/2004, 1:01 PM
At the France game we were right behind the goal, 7 rows back and we didnt sit down once for the whole game. Got tickets for tonight tho off the company, upper West, so I'll have to be quieter now :mad: :rolleyes:

cant see them giving me four tickets tho when the "big" games come around, usual craic. No one is interested in the lesser games, but when it comes to the "big" ones everyone is a fan!

Éanna
13/10/2004, 1:53 PM
same way people say "League of Ireland, sure thats crap" or the way GAA matches only get huge crowds for championship games or that only the provinces get big crowds in rugby and the clubs don't. we're a fickle nation.

Docboy
13/10/2004, 2:03 PM
The sit down crap always gets to me to,the most incredible one being the Albania game where the stewards forced us to sit down while 2 feet away the eircom section could stand uninterupted.Not having a go at them of course but it was a bit rich.

Rover 2 U
13/10/2004, 2:10 PM
The sit down crap always gets to me to,the most incredible one being the Albania game where the stewards forced us to sit down while 2 feet away the eircom section could stand uninterupted.Not having a go at them of course but it was a bit rich.

You know what they say Doc, if you can't beat us, join us. The more the merrier! :cool:

SuperSaints
13/10/2004, 2:15 PM
Also they may ask you to sit down all they want. Strength in numbers.

Frontline security, more like back passage.

Éanna
13/10/2004, 2:56 PM
I refuse to sit down at matches, I'd rather be kicked out. If people want to sit they can go home and switch the telly on and give the ticket to someone who deserves it

wallis
13/10/2004, 3:00 PM
this was always going to be the case. There were 20,000 people at that match that you will never see again. I cant make tonights game as I live in England and getting the time off is not possible but personally I preferred the post and pre match activities in Basel to Paris.

Lots of drunken morons about in Osullivans pulling peoples hats off and lobbing them across the room and causing tension. There was a highly dangerous crowd surge around 2am on the friday where people couldnt get in or out of the pub and many fans getting trampled. Also loads of 'fans' completely whammed on the metro at 11am falling over the locals and annoying everyone else.

Dont get me wrong, the atmosphere at the ground and at the match was fantastic. But I do think we didnt do our 'social reputation' much good with the amount of chucking up everywhere and rampaging through supermarkets smashing stuff and lobbing bottles trashing the town centre.

Im convinced that the greater majority of these idiots were not 'fans' but just irish people who fancied a mass weekend **** up in Paris and they will not be appearing at a stadium near you anytime soon

Bah humbug !

pete
13/10/2004, 3:15 PM
Always funny to hear said that the irish a great sporting public. Irish people are as good as anyone for the big events but really not used to the concept of turning out come rain or shine week in week out across all sporting codes.

GAA get tens of thousands for championship but a fraction of that for league games, same with rugby celtic league & ERC to certain extent...

:rolleyes:

wallis
13/10/2004, 3:25 PM
Then he says:

"anyway its gonna **** rain later"

- where does he think he is , the bahamas ?