PDA

View Full Version : Ireland programme from Paris.

aIr BaNd!
12/10/2004, 8:21 PM
Has anyone a spare programme from the french game,would swop the programme from the away game in Basle for it.Drop me a line if you have.

Thanks.

petef
12/10/2004, 8:56 PM
Never even saw one being sold, do they exist? if so they must be priceless!

Cowboy
12/10/2004, 9:46 PM
Never even saw one being sold, do they exist? if so they must be priceless!

They were given away free before the game. I have one here if you need it and as I'm not an avid programme collector perhaps you might consider a small donation to charity in return for it.

petef
12/10/2004, 10:01 PM
Ah! Remember getting a magazine had a quick flick through it and saw a load of articles and nothing that looked remotely like anything on the game! Was there even a team list? Just thought it was some free mag about the French team.

roboyle
13/10/2004, 8:39 AM
According to the officials we asked in the Stade de France shop, there weren't any programmes done for the match - we were handed stuff outside the stadium but it was all political stuff and advertising for various places around town... nowt worth keeping anyway.

Cowboy
13/10/2004, 10:04 AM
According to the officials we asked in the Stade de France shop, there weren't any programmes done for the match - we were handed stuff outside the stadium but it was all political stuff and advertising for various places around town... nowt worth keeping anyway.

What I got looks very much like an official programme , front cover reads " Jour de Stade" numero 25

Jon'o
13/10/2004, 10:23 AM
thats just a matchday paper thingy ... people on vip junkets got a program :mad: one of them is on ebay at the mo currently going for £15stg :rolleyes:

Rover 2 U
13/10/2004, 10:45 AM
Yea, they were handing out them free things at the match but they weren't worth a sausage. Apparently they only made 200 copies of the real thing and they all went to VIP's. There was a young lad of about 8 years of age in our group and this French bloke in a suit walked up to him after the game and just handed it to him. Very nice of him I thought, mind you it would have been nicer if he handed it to ME! Had a flick through it in the pub afterwards and it was not bad at all. Just a pity they didn't make a few more of them.

gspain
13/10/2004, 12:33 PM
2 programmes done

1) Jour de Stade - Really a stadium issue no teamlineups but match details on the cover and articles about the game incl "The green England" on Page 7 :confused: This was available outside the stadium and inside in a well concealed hut near the inflatable Football game in the Irish end.

2) VIP/Press only Programme done by the French Federation

I think the Jour de Stade can legitimately be classed as a programme. Ditto for the VIP one but even among programme collectors there are varying opinions.